What's new

Tell me ALL of the reason this wouldn't work.

C

Cheeb

I've been finding a ton of 6x12s which is about as small as Im considering going.

I want to go stadium in a 7x14, but cant seem to find a whole lot of them used locally. 6ft a tad too narrow for a 4k stadium?
With a known strain might be nice.

May try to throw together a 4800w 6x12. Maybe just go horizontal sealed w/ 8 600w flood and drain. There would be no room outside of plants so it'd have to be clean.

If I went 5x10 it'd have to be 6 600w. Otherwise 2000w just wouldnt see, worth it unless you just had cheap trailers around.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
id imagine 6 lights running in 5x10 is gonna create a shit ton of heat...

i saw some really cool trailers in my local area, check this one out..
6x12 for 2400
DSCN2350.jpg

DSCN2342.jpg

23 foot living trailer for 2 grand
3n73o53l25T65P15X4b3acf941364b4551f52.jpg

40 footer for 6 grand
3ne3of3lc5Y15T15R3b373d202e46fe461b8b.jpg

3k13mf3l25O65T05P1b3769255d2f91ee1f16.jpg

for this one i wouldnt do verticle, just run lights down one side and have a narrow 1-2 ft walkway...chain the lights together and run a big ass fan with some iceboxes...have 6-8 lights down the side spaced every 4-5 feet?

this ones my favorite...but it costs around 10 grand. its a racecar trailer 20 feet long and real wide...
3n43m03oc5V05O25T0b35c150bed61aa11188.jpg

3na3ka3me5O45W05X0b3562c6ddc8a2141a25.jpg

Yah`mon

fuck... get the 40' and put on a show... could you get 10kw in there... would pay for itself first grow no problem... that would include any lights/cooling/the whole 9.. 1 grow!

Make us proud! :bigeye:

Yah`mon :tiphat:

Greenheart

Veteran
My neighbor has one of those trailers. I've never seen him open it. I've never seen it move. It sits there and makes us all wonder. A buddy and I were talking about this very same thing recently and remarking on his trailer that never moves.

T

the_baked_chef

My neighbor has one of those trailers. I've never seen him open it. I've never seen it move. It sits there and makes us all wonder. A buddy and I were talking about this very same thing recently and remarking on his trailer that never moves.

This is exactly what i would be afraid of.
People notice whether things are used the way they are supposed to be used. People are suspicious. Obviously there will be no direct neighbor in your warehouse, but the warehouse will be owned by someone, it will probably have some meassures of security like cameras etc...

But in the end its probably not much safer than growing in your apparement/house so... :blowbubbles:

Now i see that the reasons that could speak against this project are not very convincing - granted that - but i still miss reasons why one should do it at all.

Sure its would probably be as safe as doing it in your home and also it would be pretty damn cool.

But is coolness worth a few thousand $ and all the effort?

The "if someone came to control i could just drive it away" argument is in my point of view more a risk than anything else. Who would want to drive around with hundreds of Marihuana plants. Thats yould just be crazy.... CRAZY ;-)

C

Cheeb

Driving it around full of plants is not something I would be in for...

I personally would dispose of plants in the event of it needing to move locations - unless immediate removal is necessary.

I think it is much safer then growing in a rented basement. If the landlord wants to see the basement for whatever reason.. its clean. I don't have to by time before allowing the home owner into HIS house. No getting caught off guard should the landlord want to replace furnace filters, check the hot water tank/furnace, or whatever lame excuse they may come up with to get inside your rented home.

Nobody what so ever has ANY reason to see the inside of MY trailer.

I think its worth the few extra $$ to keep the grow inside of MY piece of property vs inside of a landlord's property. Even if he wants to see inside the garage or outbuilding..he has no authority to look inside of my utility trailer regardless of if he has suspicions or not.

Neighbors wouldn't even think about my trailer - because it'll stay in the garage.

I'm not advocating having a grow trailer just sitting out in the open by any means. If your neighbor is suspicious of a trailer inside your garage/building that he's seldom seen out then you have much bigger issues of privacy.

-

I see it best for rental applications. If you own your own home then the basement is the optimal choice by far. The trailer is a extra layer of security in a rental unit. Its like your underwear drawer..lol.... nobody EVER has any reason to look in it...period.

D

DHF

There`s a guy "nicked" UCtestn at the farm usin a car hauler with roof mounted a/c units and 10 KW in lights if ya`ll wanna go look at what`s ableta be done with a decent budget , lil forethought , and planning.........

There`s also a guy at the Cabana doin it in the same size trailer Vag is lookin at , so yes this is highly doable........

Good luck Vag and Cheeb.....Settin up a smaller unit DIY will have it`s obstacles ta overcome before getting environment dialed in , but well worth the journey once shit falls into place....

Peace..DHF....:ying:.....

Yah`mon

What about this legal aspect... being a plus if the law works this way.

Your growing illegal... non medicinal card holder. Cops come bust 10kw light setup on your property... prolly kiss your property good bye... if you had it in a trailer.. off your property... do they still have the right to seize your property? ---

Edit: hmm... nm they probably go by income etc... they will find a way to say you made house payments regardless im sure?

Yah`mon

Oh, and I think the original question of this thread has been answered....it will work, it has worked, just depends on your situation I suppose.... now lets see this shit in action!

Thanks to everyone posting comments... ideas... and maybe even going through with this.

This has been one of the most interesting reads for me in a while.

Yah`mon :smoke:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ive been noticing every trailer i see lately..one thing i realized is that if the trailer is moving it bounces around a shit ton. definately gotta bolt the shelves down, etc. and remove the lights if you gotta move it.

legalnluvinit

Would one of those R/V a/c units be strong enough keep it cool? Not that it wouldn't look out of place or peculiar or anything like that.

Yah`mon

cool vid... tried finding some on youtube myself.. not a ton on there.

An ac unit wouldn't be to outta place imo... people use those trailers for hauling and doubling up as a camper or sleeping quarters all the time.

L

laylow

Great idea :D

Over here you can pick up refrigerated trucks with 20ft sealed backs on them for 5K.....

Have thought this many times just section off the first 5ft for tank electric water ect and have a 15ft x 8ft growing space....

Like you said anyroblems just drive off lol

Do it I may just follow your footsteps :bump:

LIFEISGOOD

You know I see old ass recreational trailers all over the place and the older ones never move... ever. No one ever expects them to move. They are also musty and dank so people don't want to go in them either. I wouldn't get a motor home, I would stick with a trailer.

You can pick up a shitty looking 20' for 1-4k. Some come with a/c and drainage built in, plenty of head room. Some are even insulated.

Home Depot has Insta-grab that works great for adhesion of blue board. Just use a caulking gun and the blue board will hold in place after 5 sec of pressure. Same for panda
IR film.

Most construction trailers have aluminum or steel studs and are pretty rickety. You may have to beef up the ceiling to support a a/c unit.

Peace

Dankgravy

Cheeb how do you plan on dealing with the heat created by those Ac units in a garage? That is something that I have always wondered...