What's new

Team Microbe's Nose Dive into No-till (2nd cycle)

dali kush

Hey TM, pulling up a seat! Cant wait to see how this run goes! Looking foward to seeing Polygons next grow adopting some of your techniques!

Kozmo

Veteran
How did you get along this far without it???

I think maybe you missed my above Q: When did you take your cuts?

Team Microbe

Veteran
How did you get along this far without it???

I think maybe you missed my above Q: When did you take your cuts?

Oops! I took em about 10 days ago, they just began to show signs of rooting yesterday. I'm thinking of taking more cuts from this Cheese Candy mother I haven't cut from yet... yeah I think I'll do that soon actually because I wanna get this started. I just ordered (10) 25 gallon pots and all the goods to fill em up as well... idk what came over me I took a few shots last night and out came the credit card :laughing:

So I might be throwing a few of those 25's in with this run and removing the 7 gallon pots - leaving me with 10's and 25's in the flowering tent. I can still utilize the 7's for veg, I just think they're a little too small for what I want to be flowering in. I'll update as I build the soil and the new no-till's, shits gonna be a blast! :dance013:

Granger2

Veteran
3rd,
I may have misunderstood what you said about BT. BT and BTi are by no means genetically engineered products. BT has been used for many decades for caterpiller/larvae control. BT is a bacterium that, when eaten by a pest [eat leaf sprayed with BT], produces a toxin in the stomach of the pest. The BT bacteria live for approx 24 hours on the leaf, are easily washed off, any survivors die in a human's stomach, and as a result, don't expose humans [and livestock] to the toxin.

Monsanto has implanted the toxin producing genes in a variety of crops that have problems with such pests. That means that these crops now produce the BT toxin in every cell. Now we are eating potatoes, corn, and many other foods that are loaded with BT toxin. Many are claiming digestive problems are caused by this.

In the meantime, resistance to BT toxin by pests, in time, is almost a certainty. This will take away a totally safe and effective solution from organic farmers/gardeners. Monsanto not only doesn't give a shit, but that would be a good thing for them. Pure evil. -granger

bobblehead

Veteran
nope. generally that's not the response I get when I show my pic. there's pics of me in my albums. theres one full body shot in the scratching my way to harvest and two in the fun shares....if youre curious. ;)

Sexy
picture.php

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
3rd,
I may have misunderstood what you said about BT. BT and BTi are by no means genetically engineered products. BT has been used for many decades for caterpiller/larvae control. BT is a bacterium that, when eaten by a pest [eat leaf sprayed with BT], produces a toxin in the stomach of the pest. The BT bacteria live for approx 24 hours on the leaf, are easily washed off, any survivors die in a human's stomach, and as a result, don't expose humans [and livestock] to the toxin.

Monsanto has implanted the toxin producing genes in a variety of crops that have problems with such pests. That means that these crops now produce the BT toxin in every cell. Now we are eating potatoes, corn, and many other foods that are loaded with BT toxin. Many are claiming digestive problems are caused by this.

In the meantime, resistance to BT toxin by pests, in time, is almost a certainty. This will take away a totally safe and effective solution from organic farmers/gardeners. Monsanto not only doesn't give a shit, but that would be a good thing for them. Pure evil. -granger

I think i also misread some stuff. Happens sometimes. My apologies for being that confused. :) I most certainly think that BT toxin in our guts is no good.

didn't mean to derail things LLB.
digging that gas mask and suit pic

Former Guest

I took that because all day long I see people ignoring the directions and applying too much which extends the half life while spraying with hankies over their mouths. Everything needs to be covered, eyes included. I had BM and couldn't get my rooms up to 120F so I resorted to avid which is from a soil bacterium, streptomycin that is cut with acetone or some sort of solvent. I cried the whole way home from buying the suit, glove rated for chems, goggles. I have barely seen anyone talk about safety and half lives. It's important even if you don't agree because they're gonna do it anyways.
full_body_condom.jpg

It's like teens having sex; except you itch for a week. I would only resort to something like that if it was BM/RA then cull and clean, clean, clean. Organic insecticide works great for for everything else. But that's just my opinion. Not like I wanted to be in that situation in the first place. That was the shittiest day!

Former Guest

So back to the thread...

TM, I know autoflowers are not everyone's favorite but up here by Canada many growers get PM and bud rot due to only a month and a half of dry season. I watched a local organic grower light dep with loads of circulation and fresh air. He used ducting and box fans with his light dep along with greencure and actinovate. His soil recipe was diverse, compost teas, and he wasn't a dumbass about plants/well educated.

I can't have a hoop house but I thought about hiding autos in the landscaping and kodiak mentioned some Thai plants autoflower without the rudaralis genetics while growing much taller than the average auto. I thought the open air during the hot months when daylight hours are long to help keep the mold at bay while still being able to hide my outdoor plants.

Jay Daga

Hi,

it has been very insightful to read trough the earlier thread about this no-till methods indoor growing. Makes all the same sense as outside.
I have experimented with cover crops also in pots but all in all as grower I´m still quite much beginner.

Anyway, i read first time about remineralizing effects of rockdust from some book about Viktor Schauberger. There are many things to learn from his books. Many of them are available in pdf-form at least as torrent, and I just found this too: https://archive.org/details/TheFertileEarth

I can recommend his research and books to anyone, very interesting. For example he talked about the importance of no-till methods in gardening and explained that atmosphere has positive and ground negative polarity and how the top layer of the soil -which also happens to be the layer where most of the microbes live- works as a insulation between these two polarities. When this insulation layer is alive and good, the energy exchange between the polarities of ground and atmosphere flows as it should, effectively through the plants making them grow well.. When the "insulation" gets broken, the energy exchange between the ground and atmosphere leaks anywhere somewhere and thus is not as effective as it could at the place of plants which should be the ones actually working between the polarities.
Schauberger found out that use of iron tools had in 1930s Europe very widely caused many old fields to dry and the yields to drop and where people still used wooden tools and ploughs, the fields in the same areas still produced very well. For him it was not question at all if the chemical fertilizers would do the same thing of course. He found out also that ploughs and tools made of copper and brass, which are diamagnetic metals, did not have the same effect as iron but the other way around had very good effect to plant growth.

Quite good insight huh, this thing about the two very profound polarities of ground and sky, and how the plants work between these two and get their energy from the energy exchange between the polarities?

I wonder how it would effect to the plant growth to have all your plants pots grounded to earth with a cable.. Your plants have so well all and everything in their lives if you´d experiment with this, the possible effects would maybe be clearly visible. :)

I saw someone asking if BAS ships to Europe. Been thinking the same, altought the shipping costs and customs + paying extra VAT is quite a barrier to overcome. Would be very good to find sources from here.
Here are some links that might be helpful at least concerning rock dust:
http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/remin-volcanic-rock-dust-20kg-bag-pid7969.html
http://www.seercentre.org.uk/ <-very good site, about nutrient dense food.

These are also very informative slideshows:
http://www.slideshare.net/mik1999/presentations/2
http://www.slideshare.net/mik1999/minerals-and-microbes , check picture 99,, nice machine... for powdering any kind stone..

Kiloz

I saw someone asking if BAS ships to Europe. Been thinking the same, altought the shipping costs and customs + paying extra VAT is quite a barrier to overcome. Would be very good to find sources from here.
http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/remin-volcanic-rock-dust-20kg-bag-pid7969.html

http://www.slideshare.net/mik1999/minerals-and-microbes , check picture 99,, nice machine... for powdering any kind stone..

Waiting for a reply from BAS regarding shipment to eu. but ye if they do it will probably be pretty expensive.
thanks for the links will check it out!

I've been thinking about earthing plants, and it only really makes sense to me if you grow like TM is

Kozmo

Veteran
Hows it going TM??? Was curiouse if you were keeping your same watering regiment or adding some twists?

Team Microbe

Veteran
So back to the thread...

TM, I know autoflowers are not everyone's favorite but up here by Canada many growers get PM and bud rot due to only a month and a half of dry season. I watched a local organic grower light dep with loads of circulation and fresh air. He used ducting and box fans with his light dep along with greencure and actinovate. His soil recipe was diverse, compost teas, and he wasn't a dumbass about plants/well educated.

I can't have a hoop house but I thought about hiding autos in the landscaping and kodiak mentioned some Thai plants autoflower without the rudaralis genetics while growing much taller than the average auto. I thought the open air during the hot months when daylight hours are long to help keep the mold at bay while still being able to hide my outdoor plants.

He sounds like he knew exactly what he was doing up there. I bet you can get away with some hidden autos, and if you're concerned about mold then I can tell you that South Eastern exposure does wonders in hitting the plants with Sun early in the morning to evaporate that morning dew. Air circulation is important but also hiding them well is also important - I've seen people clip fake flowers on the colas of their plants as a psychology tactic against prying eyes.. and as long as you get non-vibrant, realistic flowers it'll look completely normal I bet. Just make sure the risk is worth the reward if you're growing where your indoor is located.

Hi,

it has been very insightful to read trough the earlier thread about this no-till methods indoor growing. Makes all the same sense as outside.
I have experimented with cover crops also in pots but all in all as grower I´m still quite much beginner.

Anyway, i read first time about remineralizing effects of rockdust from some book about Viktor Schauberger. There are many things to learn from his books. Many of them are available in pdf-form at least as torrent, and I just found this too: https://archive.org/details/TheFertileEarth

I can recommend his research and books to anyone, very interesting. For example he talked about the importance of no-till methods in gardening and explained that atmosphere has positive and ground negative polarity and how the top layer of the soil -which also happens to be the layer where most of the microbes live- works as a insulation between these two polarities. When this insulation layer is alive and good, the energy exchange between the polarities of ground and atmosphere flows as it should, effectively through the plants making them grow well.. When the "insulation" gets broken, the energy exchange between the ground and atmosphere leaks anywhere somewhere and thus is not as effective as it could at the place of plants which should be the ones actually working between the polarities.
Schauberger found out that use of iron tools had in 1930s Europe very widely caused many old fields to dry and the yields to drop and where people still used wooden tools and ploughs, the fields in the same areas still produced very well. For him it was not question at all if the chemical fertilizers would do the same thing of course. He found out also that ploughs and tools made of copper and brass, which are diamagnetic metals, did not have the same effect as iron but the other way around had very good effect to plant growth.

Quite good insight huh, this thing about the two very profound polarities of ground and sky, and how the plants work between these two and get their energy from the energy exchange between the polarities?

I wonder how it would effect to the plant growth to have all your plants pots grounded to earth with a cable.. Your plants have so well all and everything in their lives if you´d experiment with this, the possible effects would maybe be clearly visible. :)

I've never known that before! That's pretty trippy to imagine too - the energy within such a symbiotic system. Very informative post man :tiphat:

Team Microbe

Veteran
Hows it going TM??? Was curiouse if you were keeping your same watering regiment or adding some twists?

Yep! Same routine, from seed to harvest for all stages of plants. It never changes... I'll re-post it for ya -

Watering Regimen

1st Application
-Pureed Sprouts (I use barley seed)
-10 ml FulPower
-5 ml Agsil16H (potassium silicate)

2nd & 4th Applications
-Water only

3rd Application
-1/4 cup coconut water
-1/4 tsp Aloe Vera powder
-5 ml Agsil16H

*Biweekly I add 1/2 tsp per gal of TM-7 (humic acids)

I'll brew a compost tea every 4 weeks or if I forget to water and pots dry out too much, killing biology. This doesn't happen too often though...

Kozmo

Veteran
Thanks Ol' boy, not needed though. I've done it so many times its like the back of my hand. Accept I haven't used seed sprouts so coconut is always in my mix. One day ill have to take that bull by the horn.
Was curious because raised beds are in my future!

Former Guest

Have you read anywhere on another gardener forum that potassium silicate shows greater effects when foliar fed than when soil fed? Something about the immune response is signaled better that way? I would have to go back and reread it but that's what I took away from it. I would link it but
112.gif

Team Microbe

Veteran
Thanks Ol' boy, not needed though. I've done it so many times its like the back of my hand. Accept I haven't used seed sprouts so coconut is always in my mix. One day ill have to take that bull by the horn.
Was curious because raised beds are in my future!

That's what's up!

Have you read anywhere on another gardener forum that potassium silicate shows greater effects when foliar fed than when soil fed? Something about the immune response is signaled better that way? I would have to go back and reread it but that's what I took away from it. I would link it but View Image

I remember reading something about that in someone's feed on IG actually, but I forget exactly what they said - I too took away that foliars were more efficient with Agsil16H but I still use it as a drench every 4th watering. Then once a week in the foliar sprays of course :tiphat:

Former Guest

Well it was a pretty Logical explanation ;) I should sit down and look it over again as I have reservations about using it in the soil feeds. When I added it before I used organics, it would cause huge ph spikes and give me a lot of grief. The thread talked about it's main benefits from foliar rather than soil because it us hard for the microbes to make available immediately so I wasn't sure how that would work if it doesn't get cycled quickly. I'm sure it explains it and maybe a second read will better clarify.