What's new

Team Microbe steps into Guerrilla Country...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Can't you float those bales in ... :biggrin:

If the entire treck was water I could actually lol... that's not a bad idea. Too bad though, because it goes water, land, marsh, water, land, ect. I'd be unloading too much for it to be worth it. Maybe I'll try and float some down stream to some more distant locations in that swamp though! My main obstacle is getting the bales 4 miles down the tracks lol. I'm devising a make-shift rail car tomorrow though, stay posted! Should be interesting :dance013:

HunterJ

Ha, ha ... Loading and hauling is such fun. :laughing:

I saw that rail car thing mentioned in another thread, saw some good stuff on YouTube - way to go if it can be parked securely and travels silent enough to hear anything coming - the rail under the deer looks used.

You're probably right about LEO, highly unlikely they're on to you by that heli meet. It would take AI to compute your situation on a single pass, or the exaggeration of a toke to invent it.

Creds mate. :tiphat:

Last edited by a moderator:

Team Microbe

Veteran
Ha, ha ... Loading and hauling is such fun. :laughing:

Maybe when you've paid the mortgage you could get one of these - http://www.rccarsfactory.com/Product/ViewProduct.asp?ProductID=240

I saw that rail car thing mentioned in another thread, saw some good stuff on YouTube - way to go if it can be parked securely and travels silent enough to hear anything coming - the rail under the deer looks used.

You're probably right about LEO, highly unlikely they're on to you by that heli meet. It would take AI to compute your situation on a single pass, or the exaggeration of a toke to invent it.

Creds mate. :tiphat:

Hahaha I like it! That thing could get through ANYthing I bet....

I was gonna spend money on steel wheels for the tracks specifically and build a steel cart but that shit would be so heavy and unnecessary I realized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRh2CC1ThQ8

^ Then I see this kid put 2 mini skateboards on the tracks with 3" trucks (so both wheels are in contact with the rail) and he just sets down a piece of wood on top of them connecting them, sits on it and rides down the entire track. The key looks like aligning it properly, so I'm making one today when the trucks come in the mail. Check out the vid.. I'm making something like that with 2x4's so I can have a platform for at least 2 bales to sit on. Tracks are 56.5'' wide so I could se myself fitting 3 bales easily if the cart is operational. Wish me luck!!! :biggrin:

I'm gonna use 2x4's for the "skate deck" and just drill the trucks and wheels to the bottom like usual.

HunterJ

We must have read the same thread, saw that vid on a link. Great idea, will save a lot of sweat too.

Luck? You make it by taking the other on the chin. Bullets to raindrops, a wise man once said. :scripture:

Past time to crash here in Oz.

Good luck anyway ... :pirate:

jackel

What if you take a few 2x4, hammer n nails with some rubber fixed position casters on it. Set it's width and screw it in place. Piece of 2x4 on the ends to keep it from walking off. Piece of plywood on top. Can stack bunch of stuff on it and push it.
Rubber casters will be quieter than steel.

Team Microbe

Veteran
What if you take a few 2x4, hammer n nails with some rubber fixed position casters on it. Set it's width and screw it in place. Piece of 2x4 on the ends to keep it from walking off. Piece of plywood on top. Can stack bunch of stuff on it and push it.
Rubber casters will be quieter than steel.

That's a smart idea. I already started making it though! And I'm doing something similar with the skate trucks - I'm not grinding them along the tracks I'm putting wheels on em since they're mini trucks and it'll serve as a wider area to grab the tracks. I'm worried about falling off the track but the kid in the video just coasts along and he has normal skate wheels... I'm using super huge longboard wheels that are wide and used for high speed downhill... these things are like 3'' wide! haha

I'll let you know how it works :tiphat:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I watched a couple videos of DIY railway bikes and carts.
Some of these guys make there getups way to complicated.
I like the simple, easy ones. I think you could make a mountain bike
pulling a cart made to fit 4 kids, filled with 6 bales and whatever else you need.
You could get alot more to the area, alot quicker, with alot less work or stress on the body.

But since your already building it....make the main floor of it a wire mesh screen. Its really light and will be strong enough to hold all the bales. Make it about 6' long with a seat on it. You could fling it off the tracks quick if a train was coming since its very light.
Use a strong stick as a push-pole/paddle type thing. You would need about 4 skateboards or 6 sets of wheels.
You might be able to get everything in 1 trip?
It would make bringing water to the site alot easier as well.

Team Microbe

Veteran
I watched a couple videos of DIY railway bikes and carts.
Some of these guys make there getups way to complicated.
I like the simple, easy ones. I think you could make a mountain bike
pulling a cart made to fit 4 kids, filled with 6 bales and whatever else you need.
You could get alot more to the area, alot quicker, with alot less work or stress on the body.

But since your already building it....make the main floor of it a wire mesh screen. Its really light and will be strong enough to hold all the bales. Make it about 6' long with a seat on it. You could fling it off the tracks quick if a train was coming since its very light.
Use a strong stick as a push-pole/paddle type thing. You would need about 4 skateboards or 6 sets of wheels.
You might be able to get everything in 1 trip?
It would make bringing water to the site alot easier as well.

That's a great idea for next year man, but this year I only have another 9 bales to haul so 3 trips won't be too bad. I already made the rail cart... couldn't even wait! haha

I camo'd it today so I'll test it out soon to see if it stays on the tracks. I used 2 sets of trucks (that I had to special order for $30) and then used my wide longboard wheels to make the 3'' trucks <2.75'' (railroad rail width) so they would ride instead of grind on the tracks. I hope it works, I'll take pictures and update this week on how it goes :tiphat:

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Loving this thread Team Microbe. Can't wait to see this rail car! Good luck and stay safe out there :smoke:

Team Microbe

Veteran
Stay safe out there and keep your wits about you with that rail car.

Thanks man, I will. That was my main concern building it, was being able to remove it within the 2 minute period where I hear a train coming and it passes. These tracks are long and straight so I have a lot of warning time, and there aren't any bridges or anything like that. I'll be ok I think.

My trial cam is out there as we speak recording the happenings of this week, I wanna see if there's a pattern at all with the times trains/workers come and go. Not so sure about the trains though, I feel like that's all random timing but I could be wrong.

Gotta go cut some longer boards today and give her another try... I was short by a few inches to make the cart stable yesterday. No big.. back to the drawing board!

Team Microbe

Veteran
UPDATE:

UPDATE:

So it's June 9th, and I've been in overdrive for the past 2 weeks getting final hauls in. I'll admit, I was a little lazy in the beginning of the season and waited a little longer than I should have... but it's my 2nd year outdoors so I'm still learning a lot I'd say...

picture.php

I built this rail car with 2 sets of 3'' skateboard trucks, longboard wheels (wide downhillers), and some wood. The metal brackets allow me to break it down fast enough in case I hear a train in the distance. They don't go too fast around here, and the track is completely straight for miles and miles... but I need to be able to disassemble as fast as possible either way. Gotta play it safe, always. So I just carry the 2 make-shift skateboards out in one hand with the 6' 2x4's in the other. Line the trucks up, and snap the boards in place. The empty cart falls off the tracks, but when the boards have weight on them, it causes the skateboards to go straight... perfectly straight might I add.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRh2CC1ThQ8

^ I didn't think it would work but the kid in this YouTube video does it so I thought hey what the hell. I'll take 2 bales at a time using this method, and save my back for the shoveling instead. This allows me to get my other bales out there WAY faster, giving the girls some time in the swamp to veg out a big more vigorously than the 1/2 gallon bags they're in right now. They're not outgrowing the bags yet though, they're only a month old so I figure by the time I dig holes and fill them it'll be just on schedule for transplant day.

picture.php

Got some diggin done today... 4 more 75 gallon holes scattered on the south side of some uplands in the swamp. I visited after a heavy rain and the holes were filled 2/3 of the way up! But the next day it had already drained back down to about 1/3 full so I have confidence in my late-fall rains not doing too much damage in drowning the gals. The foliage surrounding each hole site is lush and beautiful, with almost natural a no-till soil structure going on with all of the penetrating roots. The top 12'' was dark brown/black humus so I left that aside for when I hit clay and backfilled with that pile for a little bit. I used 1 bale per hole here, planting only 5 plants on this acre scattered abouts but in hopes for big yields with the hole capacity I'm going with...

picture.php

hole #3 from earlier - it's hard to take time out to pull out the camera when you know you could be doing work instead lol, but when I'm tired and take a drink I'll run and grab my cam. I keep it at my base so it's a pain to grab sometimes, forgive me guys/gals! I'm so afraid of dropping it and getting it dirty I think... more shots will come in the future when I don't have my hands dirty

picture.php

I mixed in 1 bale per hole (75 gal) like I said above, and with each bale added:

-Espoma Plant toner (1/2 the recommended dose)
-5 gal Perlite
- handful of Insect Frass
-2 handfuls of Glacial rock dust
-handful of Basmati rice
-handful of lime
-handful of DEM's brilliant black (humates)
-Grokashi (generously mixed into top layer)
-1 gal composted chicken manure (this shit is so heavy to haul)

I'll let this sit through this weeks 3-day storm forecast to save me some watering trips and then let it cook for a week or two. I'm running The Church in this swamp and she's been beasting with everything I've thrown at her, so I feel like she can handle a hot mix. I may just add some buffering layer of base soil underneath so coax them down into the hotter stuff later down the line. We'll see...

picture.php

This dead grass was everywhere, and on the logs especially. I grabbed a bunch of the drier stuff to use as a mulch for the holes. These things are crawling with microbes too! All of the dead trees and decomposing branches enrich this swamp and provide it with everything all the life in it needs to survive. It's really amazing being out there... sometimes you've really gotta stop and take it all in. So much wildlife and symbiosis everywhere, you just gotta really open your eyes to see it sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOO1_jNKbKw&index=21&list=UU113rbhFh7b1ukSXSiXB2XA

^ I'll be collecting leaf litter under the oldest and healthiest trees with the most humus and leaf litter under them in the upland of the swamp for an IMO fermentation for early flower. IMO (Indigenous Microorganisms) means to collect microbes, feed them, and multiply them into a rich solution using fermentation methods found in ancient Korean agriculture. It is so vital to collect in the general area that you're growing when doing this though, because what we're doing here is finding and capturing the strongest micro organisms. Only the strongest survive & adapt, so we'll be working with nature to defend the plants from nature. Makes sense, no? I'm doing an experiment this year where I'll be spraying IMO-3 in a foliar spray come end of July as a PM prevention spray. I'll skip on of the girls and see how different the results are. I'm pretty confident in this stuff... proof is in the patch tho!

Next on the to-do list is camo'ing those 2x4's, pushing bales down the track this time, and digging the last of the holes for the cook. Has anyone experienced burn from using Espoma's Plant Tone too early??

Last edited:

rik78

Veteran
I mixed in 1 bale per hole (75 gal) like I said above, and with each bale added:

-Espoma Plant toner (1/2 the recommended dose)
-5 gal Perlite
- handful of Insect Frass
-2 handfuls of Glacial rock dust
-handful of Basmati rice
-handful of lime
-handful of DEM's brilliant black (humates)
-Grokashi (generously mixed into top layer)
-1 gal composted chicken manure (this shit is so heavy to haul)

what is for the Basmati rice??

Just FYI to make sure your not messing up your ratios those bales are 85litres not gallons .... only about 20-25gal as 1 cu.ft. is roughly 7 gallons.

Mix sounds good but I'd double up the rock dust 1½-2 cups per cu.ft.

Sweet rail cart ...quick to dump off to the side if a train comes....do you bring a dark tarp or blanket to keep the white bales covered during transport?

Nice spots, nice holes and good soil....all you need for a killer season. Good luck!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
If I had to go through that much work just to get to my plants, and if I had confidence enough to know that not 1 human being will be trekking out here on my plots, I would go so huge that I wouldnt need headies for 5 years.
Ide be going for 50 plants. 3lb -5lb plants. I wouldnt want to do that every season unless its sumthing you really enjoy doing. All that work and wading through the swamp almost adds another level of exotic to it. Almost tribal. Like your a pioneer finding these hidden gems and marking your territory.
Good Luck with harvesting bro. How you gonna get all them flowers out? Maybe put 20gln pots inside a tire tube and float them out?

solofoe

Making a dog pull you in the hot sun running on jagged lime stone is a great idea! :chin:

My dog lives to adventure with me you don't know jack about how well I care for my animals. I can assure you i wouldnt put him in harms way. So next time you feel the need to lecture someone direct your lecture at someone who could actually use it

Team Microbe

Veteran
what is for the Basmati rice??

it provides starches that feed the micro herd

Just FYI to make sure your not messing up your ratios those bales are 85litres not gallons .... only about 20-25gal as 1 cu.ft. is roughly 7 gallons.

Mix sounds good but I'd double up the rock dust 1½-2 cups per cu.ft.

Sweet rail cart ...quick to dump off to the side if a train comes....do you bring a dark tarp or blanket to keep the white bales covered during transport?

Nice spots, nice holes and good soil....all you need for a killer season. Good luck!

Thanks man! Yeah I'm aware how much the bales break down to... I was adding about 20 gallons to that number with the perlite/amendments/native soil I add afterwards. These bales break out to about 60 gallons uncompressed. I have a small indoor grow that I use the rock dust for as well, and the hydro shop near me shut down so I'm gonna hold on to the rest of my bag. It sucks that nothing is near me, and anything that is around is ran by Leo's that know nothing about plants... kinda obvious lol. I love going in and fucking with them hahahaha

I haul bales at night under the moon, and they go from a vehicle to a drop site not 100 ft away and remain under a tarp until they hit the tracks. They're exposed all the way down the tracks but nobody is around in either direction to look and see me... very isolated where I go. Still, you can never be too careful. If a heli came from above they'd stand out I bet... I think I'll find something today to toss over em during the haul. Thanks homie.

Once I hit my entrance point into the woods prior to the swamp I'll stash them again under another tarp, and go back until the loads finished. The cart is going to make things go way quicker though, I'm anxious to get back out there after I rest up from last night.

If I had to go through that much work just to get to my plants, and if I had confidence enough to know that not 1 human being will be trekking out here on my plots, I would go so huge that I wouldnt need headies for 5 years.
Ide be going for 50 plants. 3lb -5lb plants. I wouldnt want to do that every season unless its sumthing you really enjoy doing. All that work and wading through the swamp almost adds another level of exotic to it. Almost tribal. Like your a pioneer finding these hidden gems and marking your territory.
Good Luck with harvesting bro. How you gonna get all them flowers out? Maybe put 20gln pots inside a tire tube and float them out?

That's what I was thinking about doing too man! But I don't know if I wanna throw all my eggs in one basket, and I have less than 50 plants that I'm working with this year. I'd be lying if I said I didn't debate digging an extra 10 holes while I was out there yesterday though... it's definitely possible. The cover over there is amazing! So many bushes and trees that stay green all year long.

Thank you for the kind words, it really does feel peaceful after the first few days of bush panic fades off and you get comfortable with your surroundings. A lot of beautiful wild life migrates to these swamp lands with all the nutrition they provide... I've turned into a bird watcher I think! No bird shots... but I've got some others I'll dig up real quick for ya:

picture.php

I saw about 20 frogs the day after the storm....

picture.php

and a bunch of these water snakes hunting them for dinner lol

picture.php

Bambi heard me... she's all ears now

I'll be harvesting in 30 gal trash cans after I do a quick trim in the bush to cut weight down a little bit. Pop the lid on, gorilla tape the seal and wrap it in a camo tarp in which I'll wear as a back pack with rope weaved around it. If anyone asks, it's my hiking gear. Nobody will ask though, nobody will be anywhere near me while I do this. Haven't thought about transporting by car yet... could just pop em in my trunk but I'll probably get more creative if I have a good season. In the back of my buddy's boat maybe? Maybe buy a bunch of new garbage cans and stack them with the load in the middle of the stack? Or even coaxing my friend with the Crown Vic that gets waves from every cop car that drives by thinking he's a cop... as he pulls on his bowl of freshly grown headies LOL. Who knows, I'm open for suggestions though :dance013:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.