What's new

Team Microbe steps into Guerrilla Country...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
What I mean by clearing out 50 foot was 50 foot in length and about 5 foot in width so about a 5ft wide row by about 50 feet long. If i'd went 50 feet out it'd got eradicated for sure!

MountainBudz

I hear ya there Joint! Same here, but in these parts you unfortunately have no other choice too :(. I always spray once when setting them out with sevin liquid and then about every 2 or 3 weeks thereafter. I also sprinkle granular sevin along the base during set out and once the plant gets adjusted a tad. Once in flowering I don't use anything other than safe organic approaches.

I don't know if it helps bugs or not but i've been able to rid of my wire cages ever since I figured out that buying a few cans of garlic powder, crushed red pepper and paprika. I take that and sprinkle heavily on the plant and surrounding base of plant. Seems to keep bugs at bay as well and I swear i've not had a pest problem since. Give it a try! Only thing is, you have to apply it about once a week or two weeks especially after a rain.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I hear ya there Joint! Same here, but in these parts you unfortunately have no other choice too :(. I always spray once when setting them out with sevin liquid and then about every 2 or 3 weeks thereafter. I also sprinkle granular sevin along the base during set out and once the plant gets adjusted a tad. Once in flowering I don't use anything other than safe organic approaches.

I don't know if it helps bugs or not but i've been able to rid of my wire cages ever since I figured out that buying a few cans of garlic powder, crushed red pepper and paprika. I take that and sprinkle heavily on the plant and surrounding base of plant. Seems to keep bugs at bay as well and I swear i've not had a pest problem since. Give it a try! Only thing is, you have to apply it about once a week or two weeks especially after a rain.
u can use a neem oil soil drench and not worry about bugs as well. best thing about that is u dont have to apply it after it rains and only 1 time each month. neem also is a soil conditioner so u cant really go wrong with it. a while back i found a study that said some spidermites can actually breed faster when they come into contact with sevin. also if u use 7 then u will wipe out the beneficial bugs like lady bugs and praying mantis. lady bugs are like the terminator to spider mites and aphids. they rip those fuckers right up and even enter the soil to eat them. here is the link to the study if u want to read it. so the garlic along with other essenital oils is good. thats prolly why u not having any issues bc from what i have read alot of bugs hate garlic. they have some stuff at tractor supply that im gonna get for critters its got garlic,hotpeppers and a few other things in it that u just put around the plot and it suppose to burn their nose's. critters like to dig in fox farm ocean forest i have noticed so the wire cages saved me. the cages are a pain in the ass to transport to the plots though.

"Chemical Control
Spider mites frequently become a problem after applying insecticides. Such outbreaks are commonly a result of the insecticide killing off the mites’ natural enemies but also occur when certain insecticides stimulate mite reproduction. For example, spider mites exposed to carbaryl (Sevin) in the laboratory have been shown to reproduce faster than untreated populations. Carbaryl, some organophosphates, and some pyrethroids apparently also favor spider mites by increasing the level of nitrogen in leaves. Insecticides applied during hot weather usually appear to have the greatest effect, causing dramatic spider mite outbreaks within a few days.
If a treatment for mites is necessary, use selective materials, preferably insecticidal soap or insecticidal oil. Both petroleum-based horticultural oils and plant-based oils such as neem, canola, or cottonseed oils are acceptable. There are also a number of plant extracts formulated as acaricides (a pesticide that kills mites) that exert an effect on spider mites. These include garlic extract, clove oil, mint oils, rosemary oil, cinnamon oil and others"

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7405.html

Team Microbe

Veteran

I've had great success with cold pressed neem oil in conjunction with essential oils for bugs of all kinds. I spray these once a week @ 1 tbsp per gallon (for each one) up until I begin seeing pistils. The kicker here is that you need to spray at dusk or your plants will be fried from the sunlight concentrating through the oils. Been there, done that! :laughing:

Team Microbe

Veteran
u can use a neem oil soil drench and not worry about bugs as well. best thing about that is u dont have to apply it after it rains and only 1 time each month. neem also is a soil conditioner so u cant really go wrong with it. a while back i found a study that said some spidermites can actually breed faster when they come into contact with sevin. also if u use 7 then u will wipe out the beneficial bugs like lady bugs and praying mantis. lady bugs are like the terminator to spider mites and aphids. they rip those fuckers right up and even enter the soil to eat them. here is the link to the study if u want to read it. so the garlic along with other essenital oils is good. thats prolly why u not having any issues bc from what i have read alot of bugs hate garlic. they have some stuff at tractor supply that im gonna get for critters its got garlic,hotpeppers and a few other things in it that u just put around the plot and it suppose to burn their nose's. critters like to dig in fox farm ocean forest i have noticed so the wire cages saved me. the cages are a pain in the ass to transport to the plots though.

"Chemical Control
Spider mites frequently become a problem after applying insecticides. Such outbreaks are commonly a result of the insecticide killing off the mites’ natural enemies but also occur when certain insecticides stimulate mite reproduction. For example, spider mites exposed to carbaryl (Sevin) in the laboratory have been shown to reproduce faster than untreated populations. Carbaryl, some organophosphates, and some pyrethroids apparently also favor spider mites by increasing the level of nitrogen in leaves. Insecticides applied during hot weather usually appear to have the greatest effect, causing dramatic spider mite outbreaks within a few days.
If a treatment for mites is necessary, use selective materials, preferably insecticidal soap or insecticidal oil. Both petroleum-based horticultural oils and plant-based oils such as neem, canola, or cottonseed oils are acceptable. There are also a number of plant extracts formulated as acaricides (a pesticide that kills mites) that exert an effect on spider mites. These include garlic extract, clove oil, mint oils, rosemary oil, cinnamon oil and others"

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7405.html

Great advice, I didn't read this until after my post above. Same page, same team! :tiphat:

Team Microbe

Veteran
everytime I try to plant in vegetation like that. my plants get ripped apart by bugs..

even if I spray the surrounding areas lol .

Have you tried using cold pressed neem and/or essential oils yet in your foliar regimen? That will fuck those bugs up if sprayed weekly/biweekly at dusk, I've seen it from personal experience.

Great song by the Zombies! Love the music during that era.
GL with your OD this year. Great advice as well.

Isn't it?! God, I love the 60's/70's. Too bad I was born in the late 80's... it would've been exciting to grow up back then.

Right back atcha Overgrow - can't wait to watch you do work this year! Blessings :tiphat:

dali kush

Hey TM, can't wait to see how it all goes! For all the peeps that can't do guerilla style, here's something you may like. My 1st round doing no till , window sill, light dep project. I get about 5 hours of direct light facing the setting sun. This pic is the 1st day of flower. Top and bottom left are platinum Gsc, top right is the fire alien kush and Chernobyl, bottom right are 2 cherry pie.

Attachments

• light dep day 1 flowee.jpg
    light dep day 1 flowee.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 11

MountainBudz

Team Microbe was a great guerilla soul. Or is. He teaches the ways well and we need him back on here. I agree feather foot, I think a quiet word would work well and take care of things. Us growers need all the help we can get.

DJbigbud

What can get you get banned on this site?/QUOTE]

All to often unfortunately.
And it's usually the best posters that get banned.
I used to log on especially to read updates of Microbes posts.

I mean why not just have a quiet word to them if they get carried away?
The moderators have gutted this site till it's just a shadow of it's former self.

I hope Gypsy Nirvana gets out of jail shortly and sorts this shit out.

Ive seen this happen on other sites as well. Its amazing what a bad moderator can do to a site. Another of my favorite sites just got rid of bad mod recently. He was only 'in power' for a few months but banned many of the most active members, and when others didnt like it, he banned them for speaking against him. Finally the owner stepped in and removed the bad mod and reinstated the banned members, but Im afraid its too late.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well admin had many "quiet words " with this member before removing them. Dont make assumptions .. you know how that goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts