What's new

TC2010: Good for CA, bad for growers?

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I stopped reading your states proposals a few months back, b/c my benevolent leaders have my night table reading full!

Two main proposals of both states, Pound Oz taxes.

Drain the river 'till it runs dry, I would expect nothing else from Cali voters...I mean it works for the Colorado River.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
point me to where it says that the tax will be $50 please

I could only find the following from the text:

Section 11302: Imposition and Collection of Taxes and Fees
(a) Any ordinance, regulation or other act adopted pursuant to section 11301 may include imposition of appropriate general, special or excise, transfer or transaction taxes, benefit assessments, or fees, on any activity authorized pursuant to such enactment, in order to permit the local government to raise revenue, or to recoup any direct or indirect costs associated with the authorized activity, or the permitting or licensing scheme, including without limitation: administration; applications and issuance of licenses or permits; inspection of licensed premises and other enforcement of ordinances adopted under section 11301, including enforcement against unauthorized activities.

No $50 specifically, only the ability to make it high as they want and use the money to crack heads. Again glad I don't live in CA.

Peace, :joint:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I just look at WHO is sponsoring said bills, Cali or Colo.

Make up your own damn mind!

Do what you want with your State. I voted for MMJ 10 years ago, just now is it getting popular.

How much bigger would it be if Florida or New York had MMJ! Fuck Cali legalizing it, still won't do shit for any of your states.

And I do know one number being thrown around in MY state, $50,000! And another 70/30!

Good 'Ol Romer.

rdy

Lots of people saying different things. One thing I'll repeat is that the will of the voters doesn't mean shit if there aren't politicians in place to relay public opinion into law. You really think Ammiano's bill stands a chance? No way. Even if it had lots of popular support, Ammiano is not popular with his cronies and it would never pass the first committee.

It's clear that lot of people don't understand politics; politics is essentially compromise, with some cash in someone's pocket. Don't like it? Overthrow the 2-party system: you have a better chance of doing that than passing a legalization bill that doesn't tax, allows for 18+, allows unlimited grow space, etc.

Even if in 10 years 70% of the national population supports legalization, if there's a conservative President/hill, do you think any sort of bill will even get onto the floor at the federal level? No way.

This has to happen at the states level. This will only happen with $, lots of it. Richard Lee has lots of it. I don't have a problem with that. I also don't smoke more than an oz a month, nor do I grow more than I can consume, nor do I grow to sell. Over 90% of other pot smokers fall into the same category I do- they'd love to be able to smoke with friends and not worry about being high in public, and grow a few plants.

Some people are pulling things out of their ass- that cops are going to come into all homes to measure a 5x5 area, that people will be arrested if they're smoking in public. What do you thinks going to happen when any adult can buy and smoke pot? Nobody's going to be calling the cops when someone's smoking a joint outside. Smoking will become like jaywalking or talking on the phone while driving.

There's also nothing in the bill that says you can't trade pot with friends. Most people will have at least a 5x5 space, but if they wanted to stay legal, how hard would it be to network with friends/neighbors so that three people have a 5x5 space for a mom, one has a 5x5 chock full of clones, and a few more have a 5x5 flowering space? You can have as much variety as you'd want, be under an oz in possession, and be completely legal. Lots of people here say "F that" cause they're used to flying under the radar or enjoying a temporarily lenient medical state. But that's more than I need, all I need is to be able to enjoy herb with friends and not worry about going to jail. I actually know my friends, they're not minors like some other idiot was saying in this thread. TC 2010 takes a huge load of worry off my back, and that's why this bill's getting passed.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
The one ounce and 25 square feet of garden space is listed, but is says localities may authorize more.

I for one don't want improved patient/LEO or smoker/LEO relations. The pigs are our fucking enemy and just look at the front page of ICmag. Lassen county sheriff ass fuck wants a ban on all cultivation and dispensaries DESPITE CA's medical marijuana law.

This bad law would actually raise money for the pigs. Stoners refuse to support your oppressors and vote NO! Grow your own weed or find a nice grower that produces the quality you like and get it from them. The state and the pigs deserve nothing from the hard earned production of ICmagers!

:joint:

The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010
http://www.taxcannabis.org/index.php/pages/initiative/

AB 2254 http://bit.ly/besEZw

The $50/oz fee comes from AB2254 which, IMO, could well be the legislative language under which TC2010 is implemented (if passed by the voters).

PART 14.6. MARIJUANA FEES

CHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS AND DEFINITIONS

34001. It is the intent of the people in enacting this part to
discourage drug use and to raise revenue for drug education and drug
awareness programs by enacting a supplemental fee on marijuana.
34002. This part shall be known and may be cited as the
"Marijuana Supplemental Fee Law."
34003. Except where the context otherwise requires, the
definitions set forth in Part 1 (commencing with Section 6001) govern
the construction of this part.
34004. For purposes of this part:
(a) "Marijuana" includes all marijuana, concentrated cannabis, and
their derivatives, except that marijuana containing less than
one-half of 1 percent tetrahydrocannabinol by weight is not subject
to this supplemental fee. However, no fee shall be imposed under this
part on marijuana used medicinally with a doctor's recommendation as
specified in Section 11362.5 of the Health and Safety Code.
(b) "Retailer" means any retailer licensed pursuant to Section
23394.1 of the Business and Professions Code who sells marijuana at
retail.
CHAPTER 2. IMPOSITION OF FEE

34011. Until a different fee is determined pursuant to Section
34032 there is hereby imposed a fee of fifty dollars ($50) per ounce
(avoirdupois) for the sale of marijuana sold at retail in this state
on or after the date determined by Section 25406 of the Business and
Professions Code.