What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tangie, is it hype or is it legit

S

sourpuss

Ah so crockett basically did some real breeding. I think he added dankness to the AO if it is AO... and if crockett lied about the orange velvet then he may have lied about the jack flash. But then why would he lie? If orange velvet was released on such a small scale is it hard to believe that maybe all the seeds were not released? Maybe subcool handed him 200 seeds? Who knows again but seems crockett did some work. Selection and number poppin.

Regardless could be bs. Ive noticed quite a difference but had the samples come from different sources. Even in buzz. But tangie throws enough phenos in itself from what ive seen.... blah... its fire... both of em...

ThaDocta

Veteran
Agreed. Whatever the "Melvin" clone, Tangerine Dream, Sweet Tangerine clone or "clones" that were circulating oregon 10 years ago are where this all started. Fact is, Crocket tells you exactly what Tangie is in that article. Orange Velvet progeny. Which means, Tangie = TGA line work from the "Oregon Tangerine" family, one of which is the melvin clone.

I remember the auctions for the orange velvet bx, definitely not many packs released but anything is possible in the end. I'm sure subcool could say if he gave 200 beans to anyone at the time. Either way will pop them soon and see what comes. I've ran agent orange and it was as good an orange strain as i could have hoped for

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
So, how does it compare to the NYCD Tangerine plants ?

DNA are bigging up Crockett as their new Reservada Privada sub brand

Croissant

I cant comment on tangie but... I tried the orange clone that is in its parental lineage. That plant had a more buzzy happier kind type of high to it but wasn't as potent and had a lower ceiling than nycd.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=118649

Thread from rainman 2009 Sweet Tangerine. The stuff he posts looks like the real deal Tangie clone IMHO, and his descriptions are spot in , for me at least.

I'd looooove to find this clone

Did you miss my post where i had the tangerine since 2006? Sold hella cuts in the bay area... I went to college with Beezle, he still asks me about my tanj strain when i see him at cups. Of course we cant know for sure, but that cut was pure tangerine funk, way before its time

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I always had the impression that the Tangie hype had some amazingly creative stories behind, the industry is becoming about who has the best story/marketing rather than the best breeding work...

This is not the fist time I've read that all this "new" orange strains are coming from the same Orange Skunk batches or even cuts from Cali and PNW but with all the usual bullshit coming from most cannabiz seedmakers you never know what to expect really. I guess it's just a matter of profiling all those strains and let the terpene footprint speak. ;)

On the story about the Orange Velvet origin they pretend to clear that Melvin cut and Cali-O AE are different strains although "they are likely related" lol. The funny thing is that Subcool himself posted about how he developed the A.Orange with the Cali-O cut and the Jack Cleaner in a popular forum like 10 years ago!

peace.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Did you miss my post where i had the tangerine since 2006? Sold hella cuts in the bay area... I went to college with Beezle, he still asks me about my tanj strain when i see him at cups. Of course we cant know for sure, but that cut was pure tangerine funk, way before its time

No, I didn't miss it. What's your point?

There was a cat came to a gkg cup round that time in space. He had some stuff he called 'tangie' it tasted bomb down to the roach.

Lots if tangerine flavors b4 that too,

I just posted rainmans thread for perspective. Was it the same clone you spread out? I have no idea.

I spread out hella trays of hella stuff years ago too, from the bay to redding. We're just drops in the bucket ya know?

S

sourpuss

Heard of orangina? Was getting bags of that round 2002-3ish been a while.. toronto.. biker weed..

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Docta whats ur thoughts on albert.... Had her for sometime but history is vague to say the least.. Its n old skunk or skunkX that Predates all this subcool tangie hype... My personal fav.....

Croissant

I know with the walker I always imagined some sort of hybrid of walker with Melvin and Bubblegum being amazing. Or maybe even just walker bubblegum.

SkunkyPuffs

So the Reserva Privada Tangie has won cups but the DNA has not, also the RP costs a lot more than the DNA. Under the genetics description for the RP it says Clone Only x Crocketts Selection, the DNA says its Cali O X Skunk. I am unsure which seeds to buy, any advice is appreciated.

S

sourpuss

Hard to say. I think most will say they r exactly the same. Since the r not sold here, ill mention a freebie deal going on. Depending how close you live and the cost of shipping. I would put in a bunch of tiny orders. Get 2 tangie reserva for free times how many orders you make....

So the Reserva Privada Tangie has won cups but the DNA has not, also the RP costs a lot more than the DNA. Under the genetics description for the RP it says Clone Only x Crocketts Selection, the DNA says its Cali O X Skunk. I am unsure which seeds to buy, any advice is appreciated.

I will make a growreport from 5 fem crocketts and 5 reg Tga agent orange.. but as I know agent orange... there could be a real pheno hunt from min 20-30sees ... and u can find a treasure.. (as I did once).. crocketts as they are fems I dont know what to espect...
from crockets I have reg Crockett's Sour Tangie also
maybe taht will be interesting too

SkunkyPuffs

The only promo i seen was Herbies and Attitude have 2 free Reserva Privada RKS seeds with purchase of 6 seeds from related seed companies. What store are you talking about?

liltman

tangie

tangie

sour tangie looking forward to seeing if i find a keeper in them only 2 out of three seeds popped so fingers crossed, got a 6 pack of tangie hopefully out of them all i find something worth while, my opinion that after years of smoking when i was younger i just wanted something that made me feel like i had been hit with a sledge hammer these days i just want a nice smoke that i cant taste when smoking it in a j and not make me feel like a zombie

oldCounty

Im not a fan of the orange peel flavor but I saw some really nice outdoor sour tangie this year. Nice dense nugs, frosty, buds were a little dark. Really strong flavor, most people loved it. Worth running for sure.

The tangie I smoked that won the depfest was garbage... akin to what I imagine smoking hemp would be like... but I guess people like that flavor in their dabs...as a flower its worthless beyond its hype in my opinion

Latest posts

Latest posts