What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tangie, is it hype or is it legit

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
i'm growing a sour tangie. very vigorous growth, great early bud formation, orange smell coming on in the 5th week of flower. haven't done any archive but definately going to run either tangie or the sour tangie next grow. the fact that its feminized is a major plus in my garden.

Stdane

Tangie.....hmmm!

Tangie.....hmmm!

I have a little different opinion about the Sour Tangie here,I know its the Tangie alone we're talking about here,but just wanted to chime in.
Vigorous growth yes,but the budformation sucks,very small airy buds compaired to nearly every other strain,still a heavy fruity old school smell,I havent smelled fer quite a while.But looking forward to the finish,I'm about end week 6,and this one really gotta pack some weight before it amount to anything measurable.Right now there's not even an oz on a 3' plant.
I dont have the biggest set up,only 2 x 400 W MH/HPS,but I've grown lots of good yielding strains with this,and I've must say this is one of the lowest yielders I've seen.Hopefully the potency is there to make up fer it.And again I know its the Tangie alone you're talking about and I really do hope its better,no it can only be better!!:biggrin:
Tangerines or Pie,I'd go with the pie!

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok how do I get Tangie from archive? From seed bay? Do they have male/female seeds as well?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's anything like the tangie I had it's some killer smoke.
However, Stdane summed the plant it grew from very well with his description of sour tangie...
The ones I saw had marble sized airy buds, sweet/fuel aromas and tasted like turpentine mixed with tang.
5ft plants should yield more than a zip but I doubt these did.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya..
the sour tangie is the first strain we bought when we were in Amsterdam for the recent ic cup and what a let down!,,,just a tinge of flavour,,potent but just not very good imho,,,, the only strain that we bought that just wasn't that good and I was expecting more after having a very nice one here in London,,,,
gonna wait and grow out sweet seeds "cream mandarin" maybe,,s2

RoadRash

There's also DNA Genetics' "Kosher Tangie".

She seems quite legit, but she keeps getting knocked up. I'm looking forward to growing some Sinse Kosher Tangie.

AbeFroman

I think Tangie is from Reserva Privada (sp?)

I have one going now but I think its a boy. A little early to tell but its growth pattern is giving me that impression. If its not its still growing to stretchy for me to keep inside. Im giving it to a buddy to throw outside. We will see what happens.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Bought a packet of the tangie on its release day on the tude after all the hype I could not wake to grow them out

Well out of the 6 fem pack I grew 3 expecting big things all the plants were nice and smelt of orange and skunk from early veg but were nothing special I gave the other 3 seeds to friends as I wouldn't bother growing it again !

I've had better from dna/rp in the past

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Anyone with pics in flowering by chance thinking of running her??

I had most of pics on old phone but I did upload a couple to my account

Tangie pheno 1 smelt like orange floor cleaner but it a good way
Buds foxtailed from day 1- day 70

Tangie 2 smelt like a skunky cali orange bud was done in 70 days
Rock hard nugs big yeild

Tangie pack

Thanks
GA

benzjuice

I thought tangie was just okay. Pretty good yield not as good smell as my agent orange. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't think it's a standout strain. .

I had most of pics on old phone but I did upload a couple to my account

Tangie pheno 1 smelt like orange floor cleaner but it a good way
Buds foxtailed from day 1- day 70
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50810&pictureid=1192547&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Tangie 2 smelt like a skunky cali orange bud was done in 70 days
Rock hard nugs big yeild
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50810&pictureid=1192548&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Tangie pack
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=50811&pictureid=1240810&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Thanks
GA

Thanks for the info

T

Terps

Tangie is hype imo. Go for TGA agent orange she reeks of orange goodness and has nice bud structure, a lot better than tangie from what ive seen.

dustparticle

its the real deal man if you find a good cut, buddies tangie x white cross he bred himself just tested at 30.xx percent THC..

Latest posts

Latest posts