What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Talking about Growing, Smoking, and Collecting.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
For years I've been worried about my equipment causing a fire.
thank god I was in the growroom when this happened.
The control box for my UV lamp that sterilizes the water from the dehumidifier exploded.
I heard a firecracker noise and turned around to see lots of smoke rising to the ceiling and confetti falling to the floor. I quickly ran over and unplugged it and threw it outside. I'm not sure if it had done all the damage or if it would have started a fire if left plugged in.
Blew the box apart.
IMG_20211202_154704707_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211202_154700229_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211202_154741072.jpg
IMG_20211202_153237488.jpg

I won't be using these anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_154626722.jpg
    IMG_20211202_154626722.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 12

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yikes! , yep always something i worry about too - especially when my grow cabs were in the attic... nowadays they are in the garage- which is less of a fire hazard but not a great environment to grow - too cold in winter, too hot in summer etc etc.

VG

brickweeder

That looks like a capacitor popped...crazy. On another note, how is that nearpow working for you? I had one that kept resetting after several days. Company replaced it but that one just wouldn't kick on even though the cycle was correctly programmed. Gonna try a different brand...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
That looks like a capacitor popped...crazy. On another note, how is that nearpow working for you? I had one that kept resetting after several days. Company replaced it but that one just wouldn't kick on even though the cycle was correctly programmed. Gonna try a different brand...

I love them. I have about 10 of them.
make sure that even after you've programmed the on and off times, you still have to set it to "auto" or "manual".
I couldn't figure out why my pumps weren't kicking on, but it was in manual mode.
That doesn't sound like it's your issue, since it would work for several days.
HOw about in the days selection? Are all days Sunday thru Saturday selected?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Funny part of the whole ordeal was my wife. She heard the pop from downstairs and came up to see what happened. Right as she's making it to the growroom door I bust through holding the controller box by the 🔌 with the box dangling.
OH boy.. she screamed! 😂🤣🤣
She thought I was carrying a rat by its tail. After I got the smoking box thrown into the yard, and I had time to laugh about it, it was pretty funny.

brickweeder

I love them. I have about 10 of them...
Yeah, I had it set to auto and all days selected. I think the chips or memory is defective, as it doesn't hold its programming. But thats ok, i'll be looking into other options as I get to modding a cab. As i get older, i worry more about shorts and fires, so am moving away from bargain gear when i can. last year I switched my timer to an intermatic manual, and its great except for the click when it cycles. Anyways, rock on!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I dont know if this the right thread
Movie Marihuana 1950 Argentina. Was nominated to the Cannes Film Festival

Funky my thread is definitely open to posts like this.
I would love to find an original poster. But these things go for big bucks!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
:yoinks::yoinks:
Welp,. time to go burn my phone and my clothes, then wash myself with petrol :Bolt:

Yep. I hate these fuckers. Dr Zymes to the rescue.

I keep saying I'm going to do it,but never do...
I wanna switch to positive pressure on my tents. That's how many greenhouses operate. Makes it harder for the mite to make it's way into the tent. They can let out silk and fly a kite and ride in on a draft.
I'll put a filter on the fan intake. I don't run carbon filters on each tent, I just have a big one in the grow room.
​​​​​

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Pressed the resin today. Used Frenchy's hot bottle tek.
this won't be as high quality as last batch I made. I needed more resin for Xmas gifts so I included the 25u bag also. Everything between 25 and 160. Last time I did 45 and 160.

​​​​​​I can't wait to do a bubble wash on some fresh PurpAl trim. I remember the fresh bho was so fire compared to the dried and cured.
IMG_20211210_151040076.jpg
IMG_20211210_152220105.jpg
IMG_20211210_151016035.jpg
IMG_20211210_151026935_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211210_144824589.jpg
IMG_20211210_152325257.jpg

Yep. I hate these fuckers. Dr Zymes to the rescue.

​​​​​

The second-worst infestation you could find crawling around in your growroom 😷 I feel like they can even spread through pics alone, lol 😆

I've never used Dr. Zymes.. Have you ever tried Spinosad? Do you use predator mites too?

Lovely lookin hash too btw :smoke:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
The second-worst infestation you could find crawling around in your growroom 😷 I feel like they can even spread through pics alone, lol 😆

I've never used Dr. Zymes.. Have you ever tried Spinosad? Do you use predator mites too?

Lovely lookin hash too btw :smoke:

Yes I like spinosad too. In veg I rotate between spinosad, grandevo and Venerate. In bloom i only use Dr Zymes.

Latest posts

Latest posts