What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Talk is cheap, life is short

Use kontos if you really want to kill some shit, won't stress ur plants and breaks down in soil easily. If you order nematodes call up bug logical, dude there is hella cool sent me 10 million nematodes.

Consider using spinosad aswell, Imid should be avoided due to to its long residual.

Find someone operating a sawmill and there will be plenty of bamboo like scraps. Should be free if not offer them some bud.

You might wanna consider flowering or depin those backups in a cheap PVC hoop house. They can't count plants in a greenie :smoke:

grow nerd

Veteran
Use kontos if you really want to kill some shit, won't stress ur plants and breaks down in soil easily.
Link?

If you order nematodes call up bug logical, dude there is hella cool sent me 10 million nematodes.
Thanks for the pointer in the right direction; how long did it take to count?

Consider using spinosad aswell, Imid should be avoided due to to its long residual.
Spinosad isn't doing squat for them. Maybe they like the Spinosad. And the pyrethrin-based Safer spray didn't seem to have the "kill on contact" effect. Maybe I need some more serious measures like neem oil or Malathion. I hate neem anything and will avoid it if at all possible.

I will check again today and see if any progress has been made.

Find someone operating a sawmill and there will be plenty of bamboo like scraps. Should be free if not offer them some bud.
Thanks for the tip, but probably not very easy for me to come across that type of opportunity.

You might wanna consider flowering or depin those backups in a cheap PVC hoop house. They can't count plants in a greenie :smoke:

I'm gonna need 'em unfortunately. Lost a couple to wind a while back. So those second-string backups are now part of the starting lineup. The BoB (backup of backups), hope I won't need it!

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I wish you'd just grow healthy plants...

Balanced, Nutrient Dense soil will create plants too healthy for bugs and fungal attack!

They repel all the bugs you're having problems with...

When a plants natural Enzyme system is activated it produces compounds that are too complex for the simple digestive system of garden pests...As most of them just want simple sugars...But if you can get the plant to produce Complex sugars...Well...Can you draw the conclusion?

To activate their natural Enzyme system...They require minerals...These minerals are called Enzyme Co Factors..In their presence, the plant can produce the necessary reactions on its own to create the complex compounds mentioned before. Some important ones are Co, Mg , S , and Mo ...

Kontos...Malathion...Spinosad....Disgusting...

grow nerd

Veteran
I hear ya, I hear ya. Don't you think that's what I want as well?

I'm trying my best, working with what I have (including current knowledge / experience and status of plants). I'm waiting on a bigger air pump for brewing tea to get the beneficals started. The 20L GH dual diaphragm pump is apparently not even rated for a 5 gal brewer.

Gotta start somewhere.

grow nerd

Veteran

I prefer Dutch.

Man... I got a refractometer and tried to get it to work for me. Squeezed out what little sap from a single fan leaf stem after a lot of work, and got somewhat of a reading, I think it basically tried to tell me that I suck at growing. So I'm not really in a hurry or eager to try to get a clearer reading, only to confirm that I really suck at growing.

Neem seed meal is a nice soil addition for a bug repellant. I'm also lookin into making fungal flats with products like crab meal and insect frass too add to tea which contain chitin, a plant immune system booster.

It's still early in the season, if it were me I'd go with hardcore Chem to save yourself headaches. Repelling is nice but if you have a problem it's best to nip it in the bud, farmers wouldn't spend millions on pesticides every year if they could simply repel bugs with healthy plants. Eliminate them and use all the predators, teas, minerals, and other Eco friendly tactics you can as follow up.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Most farmers are sold those pesticides by the multi million dollar pesticide industry...

If farmers just used practices that produced plants that naturally repelled bugs , then there would be no pesticide industry ... Ya feel me?

Respect

I'm about to harvest approx 80+ lbs of indoor quality, Indoor price(north of 2 k on some) dep thanks to pesticides, had I not used them I would be feeling quite down right now.

Some of these fire cuts (deep sleep, masterxbubba) were sourced from PO, the place you were glad about them spreading BMs because they give the more experienced growers a competitve advantage.

I 'm all about the organic routes and after a good chem routine. The bugs HAVE to be eliminated/significantly cut back wiith Chem followed by organic follow ups otherwise some will usually prevail. I'm gonna research those links and try to see if it works for me.

As far as the neem seed meal goes its defintely better to mix it into your soil, bugs don't just hang out on the top and its supposed to benefit soil life. Tillers and back hoes are a farmers friend.

grow nerd

Veteran
Well I hope you'll be able to provide some good informational support & cheerleading in this thread, since Backyard Farmer is on strike.

~~~

J-1 / XJ-13 from Harborside (really lame how the "XJ-13" name got to be, anyone know/wanna hear the story?)

Harborside Durban Poison

grow nerd

Veteran
Vegging

Some light winds

picture.php

"Plan C", in Vermifire

Latest posts

Latest posts