What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any job I can get where being superbaked on the clock isn't a problem is a job I wouldn't get fired from quickly.

The budtenders can’t really get “baked” at work but when you take a break or leave for lunch is when you can take a puff or 2 off your vape pen :biggrin:

Not sure what the policy will be when the vape lounge is open and running...I’m sure that people will need to be shown how to use the peak or what ever :dance013:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m not an edible person, I haven’t found any that do anything for me, all edibles these days are 100 milligrams for the whole bag and that doesn’t do anything to me. I could make my own but I can’t handle the weed taste so I’m good with just smoking.
We used to make cannamilk and that shit was strong as hell but tasted soooo nasty lol

sdd420

Veteran
I’m not an edible person, I haven’t found any that do anything for me, all edibles these days are 100 milligrams for the whole bag and that doesn’t do anything to me. I could make my own but I can’t handle the weed taste so I’m good with just smoking.
We used to make cannamilk and that shit was strong as hell but tasted soooo nasty lol

Totally agree about edibles never worked for me from a dispensary. I’d rather smoke as well.
Still need to stop by but every time I’m heading to Portland or Seattle I’m pushing hard as it’s at least 14-15 hours to Seattle and I’m not starting late but rather passing thru weed at like 8-9 am and can’t stop then. Someday I’ll surprise you haha peace sdd420

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Hi Mrs B...
Glad you're having fun at the dispensary! 10,000 sq. ft. is a big place...

In the early '80's I used to bake chocolate chip cookies with black hash. They were great.
I put 1/3 gram in most and 1/2 gram in some of them...
With the half grammers, you needed a friend to lead you around by the hand all day!:biggrin:

I found this old pic..It's in Jamaica on my second trip there in 1973.
We had a Jamaican woman bake us a chocolate cake with 1/2 lb of cleaned ganja in it...
It was pretty gritty, but very chocolaty and got us pretty high..:biggrin:
I'm in the blue shirt. The 3 of us finished up the cake pan after everyone else had had a slice....

Attachments

• eating pound cake.jpg
    eating pound cake.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 14

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's good at la florists today?

There is always something good at La Florista!! hehe

On August 24th there will be a car show and music and about 10 vendors at the shop for customer appreciation day, gift bags and raffles and lots of food. If your near the area I would stop by for was swag and good deals! :woohoo:

Have a great week and lots of puffs :biggrin::thank you:

White Beard

It seems that anyone no matter how noble can be distracted by the instant gratification of wealth

thankfully my integrity isn't that easily bought or sold

No one’s ever tried to buy my integrity, or inquired as to the cost...so I feel pretty safe

right

There is always something good at La Florista!! hehe

On August 24th there will be a car show and music and about 10 vendors at the shop for customer appreciation day, gift bags and raffles and lots of food. If your near the area I would stop by for was swag and good deals! :woohoo:

Have a great week and lots of puffs :biggrin::thank you:

Cool I might do that if I'm still around.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been awhile since I’ve updated....it’s been slower with croptober here but still get the travelers passing thru keeping going.
The event we had in August was a success, had a huge turn out. Lots of vendors, gift bags and food. The day was pretty much a blur but had a great time!
It’s really trippy how people interact with us, you just never know who will be your next Wtf moment lol
Had a guy the other day, older dude in his late 60’s and he’s looking at pre-rolls (they are a big seller when ppl travel they can smoke while driving lol) so I point out the Willie Nelson prerolls and he’s says “oh I’m going to his concert in a few days I can go to his house and get some we are friends” it’s a good thing ppl can’t read my mind cuz it would have been me laughing my ass of and rolling my eyes...I get it, we all have our memories and experiences but dang sometimes it just plain funny...
There seems to be a pretty big turn around with employees not sure why, myself and one other person have been there the longest, everyone else is new or been there a short time. It’s not just us from what I have heard from other dispensary workers it’s a common theme.

I should really write down some of my encounters cuz I know I forget half of them lol ��
It’s the best job ever and I really enjoy all of it even tho I might complain a bit but I get so many perks it makes up for all the assholes I have to deal with hahaha

Thanks for all your support and comments I love it ��

Betterhaff

Veteran
That guy could probably use some of that “Willie Nelson” if he’s going to one of his concerts soon, lol. Willie cancelled the rest of his current tour about a month or so ago due to health reasons. He played his last show close to home here before he cancelled the rest of the tour.

Edit:Sorry Mrs. Babba, didn’t mean to jump in but that made me laugh.

Hope all is well Willie.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Things are rolling along at the dispensary hehe ......we have cookies brand weed right now that seems to be the rage, bunch of different strains available...one is Georgia Pie very very popular testing at 33% THC which a decent amount haha the other one is white runtz,guava and wedding cake which seems to be very popular with the growers cuz there is a lot of that strain. I got a cookies pen that a vendor gave to me as a sample to try, it didn’t work and that didn’t make me too happy, I’ll see him again but I was stoked to try it,it doesn’t have coils like most pens it have a ceramic element that heats up.

Some companies have disappeared or gotten in trouble like Kushy Punch....but there are plenty out there to take its place. Most of the stuff I get to try is not up to my standards but it’s still really cool to try all the stuff I get,if I don’t like I have friends and family that will give it a try...all the samples that we have to show ppl get destroyed which is the worst idea ever, us as budtenders will take them home and injest them haha

Thank you for all your interest in my ramblings I should really write down shit so I remember them hahah

Watching the PPV fights tonight, Hoping it’s a good fight with mcgregor and cowboy

Puffs and dabs puffs and dabs .....

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve taken some time off cuz of the crazy shit going on, before I did it was really busy but that was before the state stay in place was in order. Alot of people were stocking up on supplies because they weren’t sure what was going to happen, the shops are still open but I went in there today and one of the budtenders said it was really slow...there are lots of closed businesses and the ski area is closed also.

Last week I’m at work and when there are no customers we (the budtenders)go hang out in the front part where you check in before going into the actual shop...a car pulls up and I see a guy get out and has a pack back that he puts on his shoulder when he gets out of the car....the security guy is sitting on the other side of the counter where the computer is to check people in ... the counter is like bar height and when you sit behind it you can’t really see really good till you stand up...before the guy walks thru the door I start to walk back in the shop to welcome him and help with what he wants...as he walks in I see he still has the backpack on Me: can you please leave your backpack in the lobby we don’t allow them in here Customer: I can’t it has a gun in it Me: well you can’t have guns back here Customer: I’m a cop and can’t leave it in the lobby or my car Me: then you can’t be back here and he leaves!!!!! The whole time in my head I’m really freaking out, I’m the only one in the room with him, the security guy hadn’t walked in yet, not sure why...that was so scary, he could have held us up or worse!! After he leaves I told the security guy that he needs to be more aware of who comes in, his job is the most important of all of us...it still makes my heart race just typing about it...I’m probably over reacting he most likely wasn’t going to use it but goddamn still crazy shit

Sounds like delivery and curb side service is going to pick up....in times like this people really need their weed!! hehe

Hope everyone is safe and healthy and washing your hands a lot .....we will get thu this just like we do when ever there’s a crisis!
Peace and puffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts