What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so how'd that go? dancin' in the streets and such???

:party: :party:

Hi S4L,

It’s been fun, definitely has made it busier, and different also...but people love buying weed in Weed! The other day we have at least 3 or 4 customers from other countries. Getting a very diverse group of people coming in, makes for a very interesting day.

If anyone is driving by Weed California and have a valid ID and 21 come by and say high! :tiphat:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
For some reason...

For some reason...

For some reason I thought Weed, CA was in the SoCal desert.

I looked it up thinking of making a road trip :party: Damm it’s 607 miles from me;

If I get up that way, I’ll stop and say hi. :tiphat:

Bwanabud

Hi S4L,

It’s been fun, definitely has made it busier, and different also...but people love buying weed in Weed! The other day we have at least 3 or 4 customers from other countries. Getting a very diverse group of people coming in, makes for a very interesting day.

If anyone is driving by Weed California and have a valid ID and 21 come by and say high! :tiphat:

Best wishes to you & Mr.B in your new adventure...mucho success :tiphat:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Mrs. Bubba,

A buddy of mine is heading up that way later in the eeek.

Is your shop on Main Street? :party: I’ll see if he is going by your town.

Cone Head

Hey Mrs Bubba. Does the shop have a website? I'm over in Australia but thought i'd look it up for curiosity. Try googling "Dispensary Weed California" and.... not an easy thing to google haha

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Mrs Bubba. Does the shop have a website? I'm over in Australia but thought i'd look it up for curiosity. Try googling "Dispensary Weed California" and.... not an easy thing to google haha

Go to weedmaps or leafly and search laflorista or mount shasta patients collective that’s our sister store....it has our whole menu

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since July 1st EVERYTHING changed, we had to get rid of all our bulk weed and any cannabis item that didnt meet the regs....so no more jars of weed to look at and smell, its all pre-packeged in jars or bags and some you cant even see because its in non see thru bags.

All the edibles are maxed out at 100 mg or less....which is okay but some ppl really liked the stronger doses.

So needless to say there are some unhappy ppl...I hear all the time how cheap weed is in Oregon and how expensive it is here...we have only light dep and indoor, wont be any real outdoor till october or so...the grams are $15 and eights start at $25 up to $65 for berner cookies stuff. its testing at over 30% but its over $75 out the door with the tax.

The testing facilities are so backed up that its hard to even get any deliveries. Haven't had any crumble or shatter for days....just a few cartridges and they aren't cheap either....

We have a world map that we are having people putting stick pins in because we are getting people from all over the world. We had a celebrity stop by a week ago, I cant say who but "He came on down" haha

I have had some interesting exchanges with people that I will get into in my next post...
Thank you all for the nice posts :biggrin:

Aota1

Since July 1st EVERYTHING changed, we had to get rid of all our bulk weed and any cannabis item that didnt meet the regs....so no more jars of weed to look at and smell, its all pre-packeged in jars or bags and some you cant even see because its in non see thru bags.

All the edibles are maxed out at 100 mg or less....which is okay but some ppl really liked the stronger doses.

So needless to say there are some unhappy ppl...I hear all the time how cheap weed is in Oregon and how expensive it is here...we have only light dep and indoor, wont be any real outdoor till october or so...the grams are $15 and eights start at $25 up to $65 for berner cookies stuff. its testing at over 30% but its over $75 out the door with the tax.

The testing facilities are so backed up that its hard to even get any deliveries. Haven't had any crumble or shatter for days....just a few cartridges and they aren't cheap either....

We have a world map that we are having people putting stick pins in because we are getting people from all over the world. We had a celebrity stop by a week ago, I cant say who but "He came on down" haha

I have had some interesting exchanges with people that I will get into in my next post...
Thank you all for the nice posts :biggrin:
Hey hey! Sorry to hear about the transitional frustrations. Was similar here in Oregon as new regulations would come into play and take products off the shelf. We do the world map thing (October will be 3 years) and it’s wonderful to meet a diverse group of people through cannabis. I just grew for years and rarely met the end user. It’s nice to help folks.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are still pretty busy selling weed in Weed hehe lots of peeps stopping in to see the place and check out all our goodies. We have been able to have some nice deals that people are liking. So many new companies out there trying to get their products on anybody shelves, which isnt that bad lots of choices for the consumer.

Me and one other budtender were working yesterday, chatting between customers....in walks this bearded man and we both are just floored, it was someone we had seen on tv before so it was a trip....dont know if you have heard of him but it was Mick Dodge....he had a show called the The Legend of Mick Dodge.....he was really nice and very chill, has a place near by that he said is going to open a survival school. We chatted for a long time he talked about the show and how the out takes might be made into a special. It was really cool to meet him....

Few months till we have been open for a year, the time has flown by....Im sure it will just get bigger and better!!

Thanks everyone for the great comments and lets puff!! :)

EsterEssence

Veteran
I like the episode where Mick scares the shit out of the wood poacher, funny stuff. If I ever get back to Weed I will definitely stop in and buy some cannabis...

LadyGuru

Just got the go ahead to open up my own dispensary. Any tips you can give a fellow dispensary owner? I hope to be open by Dec 5th - Jan 2nd.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We had a customer appreciation day a couple of weeks ago. it was a lot of fun. Had about 6 or 7 vendors... ABX/CBD, Heavy Hitters, FlowCanna, Willies Reserve (Willy Nelsons company) Fiddlers Greens, True Humboldt, that had really good deals and swag to give away. Plenty of people showed up for the food and info from the vendors.

We have one of the largest dispensaries around and people that walk in for the first time really trip on the size of our shop. Just read about the huge one in Vegas that just opened called Planet 13, it sounds amazing and definitely want to go check it out!

Getting excited about the Emerald Cup. it will be the first year that its legal and you cant give stuff away like you used to, might have to charge some fee for your dabs now.....it will be different so we will see :)

Puffs for Dansbud

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2018 was an interesting year, we have been open for almost a year lots of things have changed mostly for the bad but it is what it is...I’m sure there will be plenty of changes in the coming year. We have stayed real busy still with lots of travelers passing thru...

I get lots of different reactions when people find out where I work....I went to Costco a couple of weeks ago to get glasses and the form you fill out asks you all kinds of questions and one is your occupation and I put sales...when I get into the examining room the doctor asks what I sell, I said cannabis and he was all over it, telling me all about his wife who was really against it but he would like to try it it wasn’t going to happen, poor guy lol

I get a lot of $1 in my tip jar and I save them up and turn ‘em in for larger bills...I took some into my bank (a different branch then I usually go into that pretty much know what I do) and asked the teller if I can exchange my bills for larger ones, she asked if I was a waitress and I said no I work at a dispensary she gets a tight look on her face and says I can smell it....haha I didn’t reply but it was funny I bet she sprayed the bills with some air freshener stuff after I left....
I really just don’t know how someone will react to what I do, but I don’t hide it and always try to educate ppl on how many different ways there are so use cannabis....I’m a little older and beyond caring what some stranger thinks of me and I know my friends done care lol

We are going to be grand parents again in June and I can’t wait to see our new grand daughter grow up so 2019 will be a very good year and I hope it filled with love and lots of cannabis, god knows we need more lol

Happy New Year everyone be safe and happy ��
Puffs and dabs

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted, it’s still a crazy busy dispensary! We stay so busy the days just fly by.
The city has allowed a vape room so we will have one soon that you can rent a peak or volcano to use and sit there and chill and hit the vape, won’t be able to smoke flower but vaping is way cool...I can’t wait.
The size of our shop always trips people out when they walk in, its 10,000 sq feet so we have a bit of room. While most dispensary’s are really small it’s nice to walk in to one that have a bit a room to display all kinds of stuff.
We have t shirts that say “I bought weed in Weed @la florista collective” I’m pretty sure those will sell pretty quickly.
It’s one of the best jobs I’ve had, it’s never a dull moment and so many different people stop by to see what we have. It’s only going to get better with more people getting licensed and trying to get their name out there.
Thanks and puffs for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.