What's new

Taking T8 to the extreme

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
haha the first page was pretty ghetto :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely get some harvest shots up, and maybe some microscope shots if I can make it work right.

I think I'll be ok though. I am a medical user, and it's been expensive to keep myself supplied. I just haven't worked in years at any real sort of jobs. I just want my medicine, and soon I shall have it :)

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
very impressive, ive always believed that the best way to use fluorescents was to go vertical. I think you have just established a very good way to grow sativas indoor on the cheap. flower from rooted clone , stake it up and finish at 4 feet.

magiccannabus

Veteran
I've needed to stake up the Purple Haze, but otherwise they've been fairly stable. The next generation will not require any support at all though. I'm doing a training technique where I bend the main stem in a zig-zag pattern up the trunk. It strengthens it immensely, and reduces stretch problems even further. I'm looking forward to round 2!

Sadly my Purple Haze is hermie due to a light leak(which I am fixing today), so she's going to be put in the back room in an old cat cage and flowered on her own under a 10/14 cycle to finish her quickly. I still have a clone of her I took before flowering, so it's not been hermied like she is. I'm very glad now that I took that cutting!

The nice thing about vertical tubes is, if I wanted to double the tubes in here, I could easily do it. I think it'd be massive overkill though. My only goal now is to get lights with no reflectors for the sidewall lights. The reflectors create dark zones that I don't want, but they work ok for the corner lights.

magiccannabus

Veteran
Bad news! There was a light leak coming through the ventilation system, so I am for sure now that two have hermied. My "sativa" Trainwreck X Sour Diesel, and my Purple Haze. Both were under the vents. I found one male flower in the top buds of the "Indica" Trainwreck X Sour Diesel, but it was shriveled up and backward, making me think it was from the other one that it brushes against quite often. No seeds found on it though, just on the two hermies. There's so few male flowers on the "Sativa" TW X SD" that I am going to leave it in the flowering cab for now. The Purple Haze has been moved into isolation in the back room and put on 10/14 lighting to hurry it up.

On a good note, I moved a new Trainwreck X Colombian Gold clone into the spot of the Purple Haze. I have two more big enough to go, and actually the Purple Haze clone, North #1, and HTC Powerhouse will be ready to go soon too.

Last edited:

magiccannabus

Veteran
Time for some new shots! Day 57! Light leak problem has been fixed, ventilation has also been improved.

Trainwreck X Sour Diesel "Indica"
picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck X Sour Diesel "Sativa"
picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck X Colombian Gold
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

*yes I know there's perlite in that bud....

Here is a picture of three of the clones I had ready and waiting on the 18th. It is my plan to keep at least one plant like these of each strain waiting to go, but I will probably need a bigger veg cab to do that comfortably. As I noted in my last post, I put one of these in there early in the morning on 5/24/2009
picture.php

Capn

Amazing. Wouldn't believe it was grown under flouros if you didn't show/tell me tbh. Looks dank.

magiccannabus

Veteran
Thanks for stopping in guys. The hermie thing was a shame, but I'm not letting it slow me down. Here's a picture of a sample bud I chopped off the Purple Haze:

picture.php

G

guest5703

Where did ya get the TW X SD seeds?? I had some and I think actually still have some from a friend on this site, killabrown420....Anyways that sativa pheno really show the trainwreck characteristics bro! Right on, on does she smell??? Keep up the good work! PEACE

magiccannabus

Veteran
Where did ya get the TW X SD seeds?? I had some and I think actually still have some from a friend on this site, killabrown420....Anyways that sativa pheno really show the trainwreck characteristics bro! Right on, on does she smell??? Keep up the good work! PEACE

I got the TW X SD seeds from a friend, who got them from an old hippie who has been growing outside, and breeding indoors for decades. I really wish I knew more about them! All I know is they're from the Midwest, and maybe Iowa in particular. I wish I knew the guy they came from.

Do you think I can reveg the "sativa" one and have the hermie behavior go into remission? It was the only plant I didn't get a clone of before flowering.... oops. I've heard Trainwreck pops nanners sometimes. The good news is that it's maturing faster, so I can get it out of there more quickly. I cut the bottom half of the plant back to the stem, it was all popcorn on that plant, and why keep hermie bud if it's just popcorn? If I am going to risk pollen it will be for fat colas lol My current tenative plan is to harvest the "sativa" no later than June 5th. Things are getting urgent in my situation. I just hope it puts on some weight by then. All the calyxes are really just starting to swell on it. The Indica one still has tiny calyxes, so I'm expecting it to get pretty fat, but unfortunately I think it's also going to probably take 70 days or more.

They both really smell a lot like rhubarb. The Trainwreck X Colombian Gold is really starting to get an odor. It started out skunky, got kinda nasty sewage smelling, and now it smells just.... dank. I think it may be the first one that is truly finished, but we'll see, it has a bit to go still I'm sure.

magiccannabus

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by Mandi! There've been some setbacks, but I think I may be back on track. I'm kinda wondering now if the light leak was slowing my girls down a bit. It's dark as a crypt in there now though.

magiccannabus

Veteran
Well the light leak seems under hand. I can't believe I fucking missed that though. This is all taking longer than I really needed it to, but that's clearly just delayed things. I'm hopeful though that with it fixed they will begin to catch up.

Here's some pictures of them at day 59:

Trainwreck X Sour Diesel "Sativa":
picture.php

Trainwreck X Sour Diesel "Indica":
picture.php

Trainwreck X Colombian Gold:
picture.php

I'll try to get pics of the Purple Haze later. It's nowhere near done though.

magiccannabus

Veteran
:) I will probably let the "Sativa" one go until somewhere between the first of June and the fifth. It is hermied out, so I don't want to risk it longer than necessary. It's definitely the densest of the bunch too. I think it's the most done. I may begin taking some more sample buds off it over the next few days. I don't do well without anything to smoke...

magiccannabus

Veteran
Got a couple new pictures. I could definitely use feedback on them!

Here's the whole chamber. On the left side are the Trainwreck X Sour Diesels, and on the right side are two Trainwreck X Colombian Golds, the one in the back is a clone of the one in the front, and was put into flower when the Purple Haze was taken to an isolation area because it hermied.
picture.php

The "Sativa" TW X SD looks the most finished to me, but I'm still not convinced she's done improving. Here's a trichome shot of her, what do you think?
picture.php

There's clearly some amber in there, but not much. How long should I wait? I'm not really sure I can wait longer than June 5th to cut at least a sizable amount off of her. Will it be any good by then? Should I expect much gain in density or size?

mandi paige

wow!! big buds! :smoker:

For my peference , I would leave them a little longer to let them get some more amber

How long did you flush for?

Great job!! :joint:

magiccannabus

Veteran
I'm growing all organic, so no flush. I'm feeding them compost tea now and then right up until harvest. My friends who also switched to organics at my suggestion, finished a bit earlier this month and he did the same thing with no apparent downsides in taste, high, or any other aspect I can tell. Organic gardening is a beautiful thing haha. I'm a bit high off sample buds. The "Sativa" TW X SD got partially harvested tonight. I took about 40g wet off her, but left the main cola alone, only taking outer branches in the middle and bottom. I'm gonna let the main cola go longer, as well as many other buds. I'm excited though, if she's giving me that much off the partial harvest, that means the other TW X SD is going to way out yield expectations. The "Indica" one is packed with buds. They're gaining density every day, and getting pretty fat too. I'm very excited to see her finish! I'm guessing her final yield could easily be 5 times what the "Sativa" one is yielding. So maybe at least 4 ounces dry, that'd be pretty exciting. I'm going to give that plant as much time as she needs though. I've got enough bud off this early chop to last a while. The "Sativa" one is hermie anyway, so I'm not sad about getting those buds out of there. If I'm gonna waste space and light on a hermie, I might as well focus on just the best buds. She's really not generating very many nanners though fortunately. Just a couple here and there.

magiccannabus

Veteran
New cola shots, day 69. Still not finished :( I was hoping this would go faster. At least the "Indica" Trainwreck X Sour Diesel is going to have an impressive yield. She's thick with bud top to bottom now at least. I'm seeing new flower growth on them since fixing the light leak. Each floral bract is lengthening, but the calyxes have only swollen a bit on the big plant, and not nearly enough on the others. I have a major event coming up soon so I may have to chop more off the "Sativa" one early. I may have to start thinking of her as a total loss since she's hermie anyway.

Here's the "Sativa" TW X SD:
picture.php

Here's the "Indica" TW X SD:
picture.php

Trainwreck X Colombian Gold:
picture.php