What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TAG - Landing (Resource for True Aero Growing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm trying JAT, but god damn if I'm going through this again here for another 166 pages and I'm also sorry if I can't idly stand here why some jackass rags on R2G....Again! Leave the poor fucker rest, christ the corpse isn't even cold yet....shit.

I'm trying to get 'back on topic here' but I have no idea what that was now...lol

And I'm smoking the NLxHaze as it is about the best 'calm' I can get. Just be happy I don't have any of that Hindu Kush left...You'd all be in a world of trouble. :)

I do apologize (for like what...100th time) for appearing defensive ...but I'm sorry..as someone that markets these sort of little gimmicks and charges 10s of 1000s for the cute little packaging concepts to make it all easy to understand it is sort of like someone walking up and spitting in the face of the only person trying to teach their sun anglish. Why the fuck do I bother? lol

My point: I'm not having any issues with how to grow my way. I haven't learned a single thing from anyone on OG about how or why TAG works or is different or well...shit anything...so... outside of a shitload of pioneering work by people like Krusty, Lothar and all the tube people nothing was ever posted about shit for years apparently.

Oh...and it was all incorrect, as all anyone I saw knew about anything was DO (everybody was all about DO) for Aero...well..DO means Shit for TAG. Shit for Aeroponics...period, by definition.

So as the only individual to actually get a group together, define the parameters that make a difference, establish a community to share information on nutrient profiling and lighting and rig construction and education to the difference between FAG and TAG ...yeah I suppose maybe I do expect a little more respect than, "You weren't first!" :nanana:

Yes I was. :D I think that is apparent. So now a defined established heuristic model can be established. Thank you R2G????? :asskick: Doesn't look like it. lol So thank you to all that contributed to all the information I didn't find after hours of searching on OG or any pot site. :yes:

But hey...rip, don't get all pinched...it is probably just a misunderstanding. It is just that it seems everytime I sit down to play in my sandbox with my few friends some bully comes along to kick sand in my face just for the point of making me chase his ass around the schoolyard. Truth is, I'd play quite happily here all day by myself without anyone just as well. I don't mind a few cool people hangin' around wanting to get in on my cool sandcastle and subterranian garage feature....cause it is fun to play and share and learn. But anyone that comes and starts kickin' down sandcastles is gonna get his ass kicked by me. Cause they are my friends and my sandbox, you want to play...be nice. No bitting. :biglaugh:

Last edited:
G

You have to admit, it is at least entertaining hanging out with me. That is probably why my threads grow so large, its a little melodrama for everyone to get involved in like Springer. :biglaugh:

I'm not really all that grumpy about it seriously it just gets old. :beat-dead: Ha..I actually got to use that...lol

So JAT? Whats the word on the clones? Roots yet? lol

I just took about 8 more TW cuttings and some more HOG and a couple Blueberry (those still grow very slowly for me). The RhinoxBlues do great though...very strong...but the buzz has the definite Widow voices...they have become familiar enough now that it doesn't freak me out anymore. :)

The straight Blue has a very down feeling to it, or at least the bud I ended up with from the TAG-Hammock. I'm still finding I like the NL and Sat doms much more to my liking as the indies really drag me out.

On Bubbliscous I can work for like 40 hours straight and crash enjoying the entire time. On the HOG or TW I have to nap every 3 or 6 hours as the crash is heavy and the high is very lethargic.

I'll be happy once my Cinnamons and Bubbles are back online...I do love those strains. Bubble should make a come back its a great high...that and Oasis (with its mutant tentacles lol) I think are the most under rated for their buzz and they actually produce very well in TAE.

PS - Vrooom!!! Vroommm!!! I start to flower on Friday of next week. :smile:

Last edited:

AeRoGaNiC

"Aeroganic - good to see ya' buddy! How's shit going?"

I'm out of my old place as of yesterday. I have no grow going now.. cuz I'm in parents pad... ahhh. I still have my RomP19 and TM beans. The good thing is now that i'm out of the ex's reach I have plenty of cash to set up my new system.

Mr Pod Race, please keep what we talked about confidential until I get results. I'm gonna be running a THC control just so you know about the 7% variance in RH status. Winkzor!

Nice to see ya guys. I'm getting jewed as usual by living situations though, and my flowering girls have to come down early.. DAMN!!!!!!!!

G

I have been following this thread and the information is nice and sucint with a flair.

The characters are another story. smile I like you guys attitude.

I changed my timer from 15/15 to a 1/4 and i have seen a real improvement in my root development.

I also use containers with pumps under 30 psi and with clone spinners and I get a nice plant response.

Thanks for the info. BTW, I found a green air pump on the internet with pre-sets for abot 75 USD. I am happy with it and it controls all of my pumps at once. nice.

Avid

G

i do believe somehow that this thread has lost part of its focus. i been around a while
i want to learn what i can is it true one company only truly sells the kind of systems
you are discussing? i realize the industry is changing quickly.

G

I've been looking at what I'll need to make my new rig and making a waterproof tub leaves a lot of options. I was thinking of plastic welding together a tub out of abs plastic but this option is pretty expensive. Wood seems the easiest and I came across this shower pan liner that looks like it will seal it fine and there are pre-formed corners and specific glue so I'll go this route. I can epoxy the under side of the lid as JAT has. There are shower pan liners, corners, glue, etc. avail. at home depot :smile:

Just have to check if it's safe for plants...

Last edited:

Purpleseed

Table#2 has been running on Clearex for 24H.
It's now on straight r/o for another 24H.
Choping down tomorrow I'l let you know the results and get some pics too.

After that I will modify it again,show some pics of that too and I'll be ready for another run as my clones are in FAG for couple of days and looking nice now,this run should be very good!

See ya at the end of weekend,got some work to do!

JustATry

AeRoGaNiC - all will work out. Before long you will be pulling off some new buds. Those are some sweet beans you have there too!

Avid Learner - glad to see you stopped by. Everyone needs some humor in their life right? Why not just stop by the TAG thread? :D Sounds like you have a basic "commercial" aeroponic setup going right now.

spun - right now the only company that sells a true aeroponic unit is BioControls. Most other 'aeroponic' setup are NFT hybrids. Aeroponic sounds pimp so a lot of manufactures stamp this on their setups. Sure, some water gets splashed on the roots and they are hanging in a tube/channel with humidity. But that's not the true aeroponic environment we are all aiming for.

GroNut - I originally looked into injection molding. I could find anyone to make a big enough die to accommodate a table setup, imagine that. If you have ever looked at an EZ Cloner, that is a clean unit. Imagine one of those x20 in size, similar to the BioControls units. That would be nice. On a side note, make sure you get a marine grade epoxy. I know West Systems is the best I have found to date. It's a little pricey, $120 for a gallon of epoxy and a quart of hardener, but well worth it in my opinion.

Purpleseed - make sure to get some eye candy for us all.

AeRoGaNiC

JustATry said:
AeRoGaNiC - all will work out. Before long you will be pulling off some new buds. Those are some sweet beans you have there too!

Hopefully it wont be that long.. Until then, I can spend cash (cuz I finally have a steady source) building my system up. As for smoke, its all 215 style so thats not bad @ all!

Just makes me wanna cry that I had to chop early... AGAIN. That always sucks, but like you said, I got beans. Thank goodness for Marksurfs, and when I start again I'll probably just pick up a a good clone stock from the clinic. That Ice was looking freaky nice.

I might have to pull a Pod Racer bit with some freakin basil and tomatoes for test plants haha. I kinda wanna set up an aeroponic rose garden for fun... I love roses
:joint:

guineapig

Veteran
incredible post...i am stunned and speechless....

incredible post...i am stunned and speechless....

i knew this day would come....the dawn of tagging has begun..

what do you think of this? Overpriced? http://www.nutramist.com/garden.php

i am building a portable TAG unit.....features include a hatch allowing for complete darkness with the closing of a lid, a Gavita bulb with dew-guard that can be positioned at multiple angles of your choosing, ports for exhaust and air intake, and large rugged plastic wheels for easy evacuation if landlord schedules a visit....completely portable and can be reverse-engineered for soil applications if that is the medium of your choice.....

by the way i just want you to know how greatful i am for each and every one of your postings here.....i know lots of people are reluctant to expose all their ideas at once for a multitude of reasons.....thank you thank you....-gp out

Last edited:
G

Spun - JAT is correct...oddly, after spending about a year doing all my own research and designing I ended up with basically the same system, except theirs is ungodly expensive for what it is. Not if you are some cheesy hippy living in the desert or mass producer...but I knew I could build the same unit for 150 bucks...which I did. :wink:

Just like the aerocloners...$270 for a tub I could build myself for $25...lol

so I built 10 :biglaugh:

But if you want to just buy one, they are it...period. For now... lol

Meanwhile, like JAT has stated before. All the science is done really...we have all the knowledge about TAG, we aren't working any issues out anymore...its all building now.

We are in prototyping phase now...or more production for me. lol As I've done about 12 prototypes so far.

I am interested to see this rig guineapig...sounds rockin'

I have a buddy over on OG, his name is Lumpytrichome...he rigs these excellent little coolers from growing with DAN foggers and has my pom poms beat....well..its neck and neck...lol He is the one to check out for little pod rigs like that. Cool little deal, but like Pod Racing...they come in all shapes and sizes and colors and equipment. That is the excitement here for me, I want to see what just giving some of the best aeroheds in the world a set of parameters with some construction paper and glue and see what these kids can come up with, cause I know its going to be amazing! :biglaugh:

Last edited:

madcat

A few questions

A few questions

Rez Capacity / Nozzle count /?
Growth Chamber volume / plant site ?
BTUs Rez cooling / Lighting watts to maintain proper rez temp?
How you avoiding nozzle clogging?
Does Magnetic water treatment work?
What about ultrasonic?
Have you tried backer rod in lie of the neopremes?

JustATry

guineapig - the Nutramist link you referenced is an AeroFlo that has been retrofitted with ultrasonic fog. If you search for threads on OG you can find a coliseum grow by Liam that was with ultrasonic fog, and a cloner with ultrasonic fog by Lothar. The consensus was ultrasonic for does not work for plant growth, pretty simple. The fog is much too small to hit the 'ideal' window that we are all aiming for. But ultrasonic does feed mold and mildew quite well. Lothar and Liam both found out that out through their experiments.

But that's all this is now, trial and error. We are on the cusp of an ideal environment. Now it's just time, and the amount of individuals who want to participate in the development and fine tuning. :D

madcat - let me see if I can help answer some of these...

Rez Capacity - Depends on the user. High high-pressuer/low-volume pumps you can get away with a much smaller rez. Mine is 60 gallons but I think PR's is 5 or 10.
Nozzle count - I have 100 foggers but again, it depends on the setup and pump capabilites
Growth Chamber volume - 85 cubic feet
plant site - flower them small - extremely vigorous growth
BTUs Rez cooling - ??
Lighting watts to maintain proper rez temp - 600W chiller (not really needed)
How you avoiding nozzle clogging - better nozzles and prefilters
Does Magnetic water treatment work - ??
What about ultrasonic - nope, read above
Have you tried backer rod in lie of the neopremes - as in backer rod for chinking? I do not know what that is made of. I woulnd't want anything leaching into my plants. Why not just pay .40 each for the neoprene?

Last edited:
G

So before I bleed to death here biting my tongue... :biglaugh:

I'd suggest someone start a nutrient thread for TAG, as that topic is about to bust wide open here. :smile:

What is magnetic water treatment? That sounds bizarre. :fsu:

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
Last edited:
G

Oh I'm about to pass-out holding my breath...hurry..pant pant. :smile:

And thanks.. :wink:

I'm nearing my own final stages on the Econopod....

bV. don't know where you are, but I honestly found hot glue to be a far superior welding medium for the R4 foamboard. That wall board adhesive cracks and pulls away if you shift the foam..instant leaks if not lined. lol

So I was attaching sheets with hot glue and the pond liner as well...worked like a freakin' charm. I was done in like 20 minutes.

I'm going for a really weird ass grow this time I've decided...I think. Me crazy..I know. lol

I've built the pod into the corner of my room right up against the wall and I'm going to be running 18 in a staggered pattern, 9 per 2x4 sheet. (My pod is 4x4). It looks to be coming out nicely as I also took your advice and re-enforced the rig with wood support. The only think I'm working on now is my drainage and how to improve in a clever way the rigidity of the top panels as they are a bit flimsy I think.

Going to use some geometry on its ass I think. :wink:

So, I'm off... I have 20 clones ready to start into TAG as soon as she is up and wet tested.

I'm looking into this magnetic water thing.... lol

G

Ah...oh...ok, you are talking about charging the water...that...well..honestly that is what your aerosol environment does as well.

See...there is a mini-vortex in each fogger nozzle that spins the water into a vortex before it is released into an impact panel or through a micro sized hole.

That is what actually makes TAE different from FAE or NFT as the aerosol spray is charged so that those 50µ droplets 'suck' directly into the holes on the root hairs that are the same size on average. That's the whole secret to Ionic brand products as well. You don't need a filter like that unless you have stagnate water that is lifeless...or dead (basically lacking in Oxygen is all...really) See...agitating the H2O molecules breaks them up so you get some O2 in there as well...so then its ionized and can bond with elements and proteins and all that jazz basically.

There is no better aeration or ionization than TAE for growing...which is why it is the elite method with such huge results from such little amount of resources.

I always equate it with IV drip medication...as you see... 850 ppms of nutrient solution in 10 gallons of water will build monster colas in TAE, where as they'd be spindly and underfed in NFT or DWC or any other method.

This is why I defined TAG and created (oppse...don't tell anyone I said that) the manifold for TAGing and reaching TAE.

Also why I mention the nutrient thread as you need to address the up coming K flip in the 4-5th week of flower...and how to control lockout and burning.

However, that was one of the most amazing things I discovered as my original design had what I called a 'Super Saturation' Chamber where I had a return for my pressure that does that exact same thing that filter probably did.

The nutrient solution became so aerated and effectively charged that the tap roots totally disintegrated and the plants started to thrive above the water line with only a few strands left touching for transport. You could actually see the bubbles of Co2 and O2 exchanging on the root hairs themselves.

First the roots looked like hair...then broncule branches, then they start to breath on their own without touching water as a ball of furry triched out looking hairy mess. :smile:

See, the poorer the TAE the longer your tap roots will become..its a dead give away and why AeroTubes...have 15 foot taps to the res by end of flower. They have to move all that water up to the leaves to charge the ions and make exchanges rather than directly in the root system.

If everything is already electrified, then it just 'adheres' to the waiting enzymes and carbon molecules.

Seriously...my res is never more than 20 gallons for 18 plants..

But it is better to have more water as they eat like fat bitches at a free picnic. :smile:

Last edited:
G

Just so you all understand why I completely loose it when people fuck with me if you go to OG and look up the TAG threads you'll see that I actually spent a considerable amount of time detailing every single little thing about every little experiment and idea I had. So it is all documented with great little schematics like these...

That are all there for anyone to read and learn and educate themselves. The fact that people come in here with a list of primary questions every 3 pages or launch out on some vendetta to expose me as a fraud or something just blows me out of the water.

I put a grad-student's work into my entire experience at OG and TAGing, documented my work, explained my theories (about 28 times), posted my designs...designed systems and solutions for others, set up nutrient profiling education threads and hormone delivery threads with the help of AeRoGaNiC and all the others.

No...not me alone..but I have done a lion's share of the work for a great many people — and not for fame, fortune or applause. Just a little respect, that was all I asked for. I seriously enjoyed learning and sharing what I found and love to see really excellent people 'get it', and get all turned on to TAGing, whom might not have had no one given them anything better than some pictures of a grow they had once in some tubes.

I'm not sharing this with you here to elicit sympathy or more thanks (which I do appreciate from all that have sent me private thanks for my aid to them) but just to clarify how dumbfounded I was to see people actually contributing to a strike thread in retaliation against R2G. It just felt and does feel like a Greek tragedy to me like my children have returned to poison me in my old age so they can inherit the house and estate. When all I ever tried to do is spoon feed them every step of the way as it was. So much about the inhuman way humans treat each other just floors me and ignorance as well as laziness is the most appalling sin to me, so I tend to react vehement against its exposure. After all, All the answers are sitting right there...what is to argue? Read my threads first, then attack...when you are prepared, otherwise its just needless shit for me to step over looking back over the threads for some information I'm trying to extract for someone I'm trying to help.

Just had to get that off my chest...sorry all. :wave:

The end. :biglaugh:

Last edited:
G

And, since I whined about my problems here...and I have no desire to send anyone to OG ever! lol

Here's all the work done again. :smile: Some might be a little dated as I've not edited these in about six months. But if you want to actually learn what you're talking about....its right here>.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=230525#post230525

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.