What's new

Sweetleaf V2 closed loop system

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bunch of killjoys, glad you weren't among my second grade classmates when I brought my Vac-U-Form in for Show and Tell...

Permacultuure

Veteran
Time for a shoot out! I got my money on rb! This is really nothing new nor a game changer. the "dewaxing" component this system uses has been around for a while, I've seen more than a few that use the same method and were much more affordable.
Regis was on point with everything, but I think you could put it together for less than 3k!

What about test results of the wax? I've seen a few on analytical360 that tested above 20%

LOL, well thank you Perma. It really is apples to oranges since they are billing theirs as a passive system. Really, it is just the same couple of people who were hyping the system on BM's instagram and got all nasty when the same questions posed here were posted there.

Interestingly they've been building systems for a couple years, so I'm not sure why it took them so long to come up with a "game changer". The game changer would be finding suckers to pay 7500 or 13k for their systems.

I am curious why they haven't popped in to address some serious flaws to their system?

I would be curious about the wax results too. It would seem using multiple finer mesh filters would be a better route?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do think it is cool that Bret takes the time to try and show people stuff as a video is much more insightful than verbiage. That being said, he has often provided misinformation... especially in the early days of single solvent dewaxing. And yes, his drug use has certainly taken a toll unfortunately.

You have to admire Bret's heart and enthusiasm, even when he misspells numbers.

I'm also pretty sure he appeals to a segment of the market left cold by simple verbiage from us technocrats. Glad he is on our side and investing the time and effort........

I agree that he is doing a service in some ways, but I'm pretty sure people have been killed or seriously hurt using some of his recently learned methods

cyphaman

He's nowhere near perfect lol, but for people with half a brain, even his videos can be helpful in making sense of things. GW is right, sometimes I can't follow certain terms used but eventually if you do enough homework you can really get a good understanding of how things work thanks to anyone willing to share what they know... I'm not trying to promote or ride any bandwagons here but you are the one who can't seem to back up any of your claims. Who else offers de-waxing and filtering in-line with a CL system? Maybe there are plenty and I am being ignorant, maybe not. Ive seen your systems RB and they look hella dope, but obviously you have the ability to build something better, or similar or whatever and offer it for less, so Im grateful for that, get er done!

I agree his video's can be helpful, but...

What claims am I not backing up?

Inline filtering and/or dewaxing I consider different things. You can partially dewax with our system simply by freezing the packed column and butane tank in dry ice overnight. I know emotek offers a version of partially dewaxing but I'm not hip to all the closed loops outfits out there and what they offer.

I think the thing to consider is how much a feature is worth. I sell a 1lb system for 1500 plus maybe another 1500 for pumps and what not. If you want to further dewax after freezing everything you could winterize as GW has shown or simply refreeze your bottom spool in dry ice and then use a buchner funnel. Let's say that cost is 150 for the equipment. So is extra $4350 really worth the cost of inline partial dewaxing? Factor in the design flaw with the sight glass and the lack of dry ice rated gaskets and I'd say definitely not.

Permacultuure

Veteran
Or filter through the two inch ball valve and into another spool with a recovery port after chilling in di, just have to cut a few whatmans to size....looks like they might be using a 3" butterfly valve for theres

SneakySneaky

Veteran
I agree his video's can be helpful, but...

What claims am I not backing up?

Inline filtering and/or dewaxing I consider different things. You can partially dewax with our system simply by freezing the packed column and butane tank in dry ice overnight. I know emotek offers a version of partially dewaxing but I'm not hip to all the closed loops outfits out there and what they offer.

I think the thing to consider is how much a feature is worth. I sell a 1lb system for 1500 plus maybe another 1500 for pumps and what not. If you want to further dewax after freezing everything you could winterize as GW has shown or simply refreeze your bottom spool in dry ice and then use a buchner funnel. Let's say that cost is 150 for the equipment. So is extra $4350 really worth the cost of inline partial dewaxing? Factor in the design flaw with the sight glass and the lack of dry ice rated gaskets and I'd say definitely not.

what equipment are you using for dewaxing that is costing so much? i solved this problem for under $20 with the mk5 for the top flow and bottom flow models...... cheers

SneakySneaky

Veteran
again what are you using that is costing so much? thats a pic of the final product im not going to be taking pictures of how i got my inline dewaxer setup. its decreased the total wax concentration by around 50% and only costs $20, now that its verified to work it will be very easy to put a few of these in line and watch the magic happen. so again what kinda setup are you using that is costing so much?

Hash Man

You arent going to work that some more?? It looks nice n yellow but it doesn't look done yet. What type of consistency is it?waxy or oily?

still scary that they run buna or viton gaskets and the sight glass where it is located. only a matter of time till that blows on someone :/

Hash Man

what equipment are you using for dewaxing that is costing so much? i solved this problem for under $20 with the mk5 for the top flow and bottom flow models...... cheers [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=48466&pictureid=1164962&=1]View Image[/url]

Are you filtering the waxes out above the collection pot? It seems to me the only way to dawax properly inside a closed loop would be to chill the pot after a no heat run and let the waxes fall out, then pour it out or drain it through a sample valve with a lab filter or into a buchner funnel... R u sure u aren't just filtering some of the waxes out?

SneakySneaky

Veteran
Somebody needs to tell that kid to change the teflon tape on his connections, pink=water pipes, yellow = gas.

so heres the proof of pudding pics finally.

First pic is before i installed the filters, a batch of tangerine kush from outdoor trim that has extremely high wax concentrations. Following gw's 10ml-1g rule i put 150 grams into a 1500ml jar and topped it off and this was the result.

following instillation of the new doo'hickeys, i ran more tangerine kush, and used 70 grams to winterize a smaller batch to see if the filters really made that much of a difference.

now onto step 2 is to do the total yeild calculations and smoke reports, my favorite part :) sometimes were right sometimes were wrong, if you put enough good ideas in a room we'll have a great idea! im keeping this secretive for the time being because i dont know if this is a specific application only or if it can be incorporated into other units, dont wanna get everybody in an uproar to find out this doesnt work but it seems to be doing exactly as predicted

You arent going to work that some more?? It looks nice n yellow but it doesn't look done yet. What type of consistency is it?waxy or oily?

it needed some work, but after in done with it it ends up as blonde cotton candy, has a texture like foam/sand/cottoncandy. made this batch about 2 weeks ago and it still looks just as blonde and same fluffyness (excpt some of the icebergs have turned into golden rocks, future reference i need to make smaller chunks lol)