What's new

Sweetleaf V2 closed loop system

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3/8, Must of been water, What is the most common way moisture gets in the system?

Great work! That basically what I was trying to build that as well, I took my old mkiii lid and cut off the dump port so I could just fill it in the 6x12 and set aside in dry ice over night the flip on to my 12x12 for recovery. I was going for something like the bhogart polisher for filter design. It looks like the use a 1.5" to 3" and then there 3" filter stack. What size filters did you use?

Butane absorbs water from the plant material. It absorbs less if you freeze the columns and use chilled butane.

You can remove it by inverting your tank and burping the vent valve after it sets for an hour or so at chilled temperatures, and by installing inline filter driers.

A6 Grower

Veteran
I use the pour out method and never really go past 0hg, and put my filter dryers in the vac oven every night. I run full time and havent had water in my tank in the past 2 months. I also freeze my columns overnight and use butane thats around 0 to -30f. I go threw a little more butane then before using the cotton candy method but i save time a scraping/cleaning in between runs.

Butane absorbs water from the plant material. It absorbs less if you freeze the columns and use chilled butane.

You can remove it by inverting your tank and burping the vent valve after it sets for an hour or so at chilled temperatures, and by installing inline filter driers.

I dry my material bone dry, and use dry ice for cooling butane and column. I also turn my refrigerant tank over every day after processing 5-8 lbs, the next morning I burp the water out, sometimes it freezes so I let it sit and keep burping it out. but I have to do this every day and sometimes I notice the last run will have moisture in it. I will try another new filter but Im thinking I just need to dump the tank and clean it. I will also start vacuum drying filters. Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts