What's new

Sweet Tooth?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chimera, thanks for the input. I like early flowering in my Sweet Tooth lines, in fact unless the plants are severely rootbound it is never an issue. I have yet to see any fully auto flowering Sweet Tooth's other than rootbound males and to be honest with you I encourage people to try your version all the time with the newer blueberry male but also let them know not to expect the super sappy sweet grapefruit since the GF x BB strongly favors the BB side of things as it has not been heavily backcrossed to the SPG. One thing is sure, we share a love for SOL genetics as evidenced by all your work with Steve's strains like Shiskaberry and for that I say thank you for keeping them going. :good:

I guess we can keep revisiting this subject over and over everytime our path's cross or we can just get over it and move past it as soon as you realize that I am not insulting you or putting down your newer cross just being clear as to the lineage since people are always confused and constantly asking about it and the differences so please put the defenses down brother. :biggrin:

It's all love, and it's all Toof! But alas, there really is only one original even the SOL description called the 1.1 a "remake" simple as that. Not a bad thing, just what it is and calling it like I see it since I was growing the old school versions when they came out. I have smoked some of the GF x BB and it was good, reminded me of DJ's blueberry but more spicy. It gave me a good buzz but it was not the dreamy happy anti-anxiety stuff I grow and I am sure people can compare when the #4 IBL comes out.:canabis:

OsWiZzLe

Sweet Tooth Sweet Tooth Sweet Tooth Choooo chooooo choooooo

Sweet Tooth for President ! Sweet Tooth until I get mad cavities and all my teeth turn into Sweet Sappy Sugar !!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now that's that's the spirit! :biggrin:

Come on over to the side where life is a bit sweeter :party:

OsWiZzLe

Sweet Tooth Sweet Tooth Oh where shall thou Sweet Kind Sugar Friend Be? Yes! Reading under the Sweet Tooth Tree :)

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Put down the joint and step back from the water bong dude! :bigeye:

OsWiZzLe

I once took a bath at a Sweet Tooth Inn...and lemme tell you man...it was freaken Sweet!! like So Sweet it hurts ya in the the tooth? oh never mind me....back to the Sweet H.E.M.P Tooth Tree :)

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are here for you when you need us :friends:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very easy to work around for sure, part of the issue (or benefit really) is that Sweet Tooth in general or at least the old school SOL version I grow has very aggressive root systems on literally all the plants and they do need alot of rootspace! I have grown it side by side time with many others and compared to almost all other strains it's root network is just massive, plain bigger, and grows considerably faster after transplanting. Big root systems = big yields. Mine root all through a 3 gallon in a matter of days. ;)

Seedlings should be started in beer cups at bare minimum size wise and transplanted to at least a 2 or 3 gallon container, use an airpot if you have them. 5 gallons are even better, 7 gallon is a party. ;)

The "autoflower" trait comes from the SPG parent, she autoflowers somewhat when rootbound. But in reality only a % of plants do this in the Swt lineup and you can find phenos in my stock at least that can be totally rootbound and will not do anything more than preflower a bit more than normal or maybe show some leaf curl downwards which can be easily remedied with a transplant. The males usually seem to be most affected for some reason and will go full autoflower when rootbound. :canabis:

M

mugenbao

Put down the joint and step back from the water bong dude! :bigeye:
Yeah man... If you got a joint in one hand and a bong in the other, you might wanna take a short breather :laughing:

(Besides... How you lighting that bong, then?)

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
What year were the #4 seeds released?

BREEDING THE SPICE OF LIFE

Take a tour through a top-secret European breeding facility.
by Andre Grossman

Fri, Sep 13, 2002 12:00 am
http://hightimes.com/grow/agrossman/479

Steve's been breeding and improving the Tooth since 1995. The fourth generation of Sweet Tooth is now available to the world. "Sweet Tooth has evolved through many lines, and the current version number three is a third backcross to the Sweet Pink Grapefruit mother. It originated through the sacred union of my favorite clone, the Sweet Pink Grapefruit, and the most resinous male I had ever seen, a very special Blueberry specimen. This fourth-generation seed is much more like the original SPG mother; the Blue influence is much less than the first generation, which showed a lot more Blueberry traits, as do the inbred lines that are still the original 50/50."

Sweet Tooth 4

The mother was selected from a third generation inbred Swt line, the father the same as the Swt#3. The selected mother is an early Swt that has proven quite mold resistant.

Yield Indoors: above average

Yield Outdoors: above average

Flowering Period Indoors: 50 days

Sweet Tooth #3

(Fourth generation, 3rd backcross to Sweet Pink Grapefruit mother). This Sweet Tooth is the result of one backcross line wherein the goal in searching the father was an emphasis on the taxonomy and aroma of the original SPG mother. The Grapefruit is a true favorite among growers and consumers. It is possibly the most cultivated strain among commercial growers in Vancouver. The preceding BX2 seed that the father was selected from produced quite homogenous grapefruit-like plants, this generation should be suitable for crossing. The plant is high yielding for a Sweet Tooth yet retains the exceptional candied sweetness this strain is famous for. A beautiful plant with a beautiful taste and a positive vibration. A smiling high is guaranteed from these heady flowers. The plants are quite hardy and easy to grow, and prefer a drier finishing time, as the buds become fat enough for mold to be of concern. These chunky monkeys often require staking but in a windy location they should be stout enough to hold their own (significant) weight. Does well as a small bush but will become a large bush given adequate growth parameters. Whether this is an exceptional commercial strain or head stash is for you to decide. I truly hope you enjoy these plants as much as I do ... Breeder Steve.

INDOOR Flowering: 8 weeks, Yield: 500 gr per sq meter
OUTDOOR Harvest: Mid October

Finishing Time Outdoors: end of Sept 50°

Going by the breeder discription it sounds like Swt #4 has more blueberry than the #3

Swt#4= (SPG X BB) 3rd generation inbred line X Swt BX2

Swt #3= SPG X Swt BX2

Would this be correct?

Would this be why Chimera says it would be best to cross Sweet Tooth to GF X BB?

I like the idea of using a GF X BB female and a Sweet Tooth #3 male... Any thoughts?

Thank you :tiphat:

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Trimmed some lower stuff and took some pics under better light
Super grapefruit smell when I cut leaves away!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is most important in all this calculation about what is what is that each plant is not black & white or the same by any means. I know some people say outcross to this and that but some people do not want tons of different phenotypes and variations. I personally really don't like some of the Spicy piney phenos from Swt #3 and there were some phenos that were very large yielders and lower potency.

The pheno's I originally got in my Swt #4 packs were highly leaning to the SPG side of things and very sweet and very frosty they were from very early first release Swt #4 that came from Gypsy not from the later "seconds" batch that were used in some of the Adventure Mix packs. There were a few more blueberry type plants here and there out of the 17 females I got from 2 packs that were 15 seeds per pack and got me 100% germination like always from SOL but the BB leaning ones were not the majority and the parents I used for seed making back then many years ago to preserve the strain as I liked it were chosen for the SPG dominance aroma wise and super sappy sweet traits in the plants themselves because it's not just the buds but the whole plant and in the stems, the fan leafs, everything can really have a super deep sweet grapefruit rind spray aroma when rubbed with a certain citrus cleaner sweet or even sometimes fruity anise type licorice background you just never forget once you know what I am talking about. One thing is for sure literally every single plant in the Swt #4 line at least from my stock is frosty as hell and covered in sparkly white trichomes and there has never been a lack of potency but again it's more inbred with less variations so with the selection that has been done there is far less suprises in the phenotypes.

Sweet Tooth in general does tend to also dominate in outcrosses so it would likely be a good generation to use for making F1 hybrids with other distant non related genetics to create unique strains with because at least you know which traits and qualities you are working with when this is less variation in an IBL type line. Is this the best road to preserving a land race with open pollination? No. Is this somewhat "bottlenecking" of traits good for finding all kinds of distant phenos with? No. Is this IBL type good for having a more predictable set of traits & characteristics that are sought after and unique to the strain itself with way less plant numbers need to find that sweet grapefruity keeper? Yes.

So my goal with the Swt #4 IBL is to let others experience for themseleves what the sweet pink grapefruity frost is all about without having to deal with the spicy or more berry phenos since they are literally about fully fixed now on the sweet citrus grapefruit traits in this coming generation of beans and the big bushy strong male being used is really super grapefruit candy sweet and even on it's first set of leaves he had the deep GF aroma when rubbed maybe more so than any other I have found previously. :canabis:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trimmed some lower stuff and took some pics under better light
Super grapefruit smell when I cut leaves away!

So glad they are grapefruity dude! The pics look like you are gonna have some nice big fat nugs they are blooming fast on big strong stems! :dance013:

B

bcell

Chimera

Do you think Koot can do the SWT#3 justice? You probably know him personally. ALso, Outside of autoflowering tendencies (tough to keep a mother?), do you think its good smoke? Also, do you think your C-4 would appeal to those who like this type of buzz? How would it compare?

M

mugenbao

I want me some swt4 IBL...
That makes two of us, brother! The back-and-forth stuff about the lineage is kind of interesting, but really all I care about in the end is that the SWT#4 IBL sounds like a must-have, and therefore... I must have it!

Latest posts

Latest posts