What's new

Sweet leaf vs mk vs bhogart

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't you vacuum a passive system to make it much safer? This would end the explosive mixture and fumes when opening column issues. I know the Mr Extractor can't do this but any properly designed unit will.

Absolutely and bingo! GO gets the big cigar!

First vacuuming out the system would indeed solve the problem, and it would be that simple to solve if the Mr Extractor were equipped with that simple valve and fitting.

Like all reputable passive extraction system's have employed since long before the Mr Extractor was presented as a new innovation and the safest system.

PS: That is a separate issue from publishing a video viewed by the public and promoted as the safest, operated inside. If the safest doesn't at the very least, start with observing that very basic Number 1 rule, what must the public and folks writing legislation think?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah, Thank you very much for that breakdown GW! I would definitely prefer to work with a system that isn't mixing in atmosphere.

From my understanding, the Tamisium doesn't vacuum the system at all. But I thought the sweet leaf and similar designs do require that the system is pulled to a vaccum before the extraction is started? The butane being pulled through the material by the negative pressure and cold of the ice, down into the collection pot. Do I have that right? Or is only the collection pot that is vacuumed, still leaving most the system exposed to atmosphere?

Your points 3-8 are certainly also very important to consider as well regarding passive vs active

Everything is under -29" of vacuum, including the column.

Tamisium was the one who came up with the float the atmosphere out technique, which works, but gets no safety point. I called their owner on it at the time, for the same reason.

Their's still mixes atmosphere with the butane, but at least has a hose that runs from the vent to some more suitable location for venting than your face.

The similarly sized Tamisium TE-175 is also sturdy enough that you could hammer nails with it, due to their one piece CNC turned stainless body components.

More to the point, I have personally taught two new owners to run Tamisium's and both were equipped to be evacuated with a pump first, which is how I taught their owners to operate them.

ple1ades

Tamisium te-3000 I had my hands on it and tried to loved it. Then I found the MK4 and wont turn back. After running the MK4 I could run the te-3000 better but not willing to take the time. I think the te-3000 is a good system would I buy it again mmm no. I will purchase another MK4 anyday.

ple1ades

David the owner is in love with the Tamisium te-3000 so tread lightly he is probably trolling the ICMAG. I tried real hard to get through to him about extracts. I don't think he extracts cannabis oil all he said is he only sells the equipment he does not teach people. No costumer service no user base how do I answer questions.

I wasted six months trying passive extractions with the Tamisium I am over it thanks to GW and the crew.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kind of in the same boat here.

Does anyone know of a source for a reducer spool 6" to 8"?

This way we could just put an 8" spool on the bottom of our 6" X 6" collection pot and keep our original Terp lid.

Well 6" to 10" or 12" would be cool too.

Just a thought.

Check Glacier.

Specialized Formulations supplies their Transforminator, which is a 6" X 10" or 12" end cap reducer to allow using larger pots with their Mk III.

I don't keep track, and others may as well, so you might check with vendors like Terpp Extractors.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
David the owner is in love with the Tamisium te-3000 so tread lightly he is probably trolling the ICMAG. I tried real hard to get through to him about extracts. I don't think he extracts cannabis oil all he said is he only sells the equipment he does not teach people. No costumer service no user base how do I answer questions.

I wasted six months trying passive extractions with the Tamisium I am over it thanks to GW and the crew.

Dave and Tamisium are in Texas, where they have a history of locking up our kind.........................

cyphaman

are double hinge (low pressure?) clamps interchangeable with single hinge clamps?
glacier is sold out of single hinge figured i would grab double hinge for a couple bucks more.
using them on 3'' btw

double pin hinged HP clamps are from what i hear, more reliable than single pin HP clamps so indeed, go dbl if you can. Sweetleaf used to sell single pin hinged clamps but now offer all dbl ..

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
double pin hinged HP clamps are from what i hear, more reliable than single pin HP clamps so indeed, go dbl if you can. Sweetleaf used to sell single pin hinged clamps but now offer all dbl ..

Alas, still not close to as reliable as a two bolt. The hinged clamps are prone leak at the hinge on larger sizes, especially when using PTFE gaskets.

Permacultuure

Veteran
Double pins tended to leak the most back when we used them. It seemed there was a large gap that never quite sealed right and would always be the first to leak....

hobb3s93

ended up grabbing some single hinge , thanx for the input everybody.

is glacier the only place to get a 12'' x 12'' spool?

thinking the welded bottom over having another area to worry about clamping..

is the skunkpharm kit on paramount supply all the valves an fittings to assemble an mkiii lid? i know some of the parts are ball valves obviously just kinda confused about some of the smaller parts with no pictures.
what is the gyrolok connection for ?
aswell as the 1/4 X .035 316 SS TUBING?

A6 Grower

Veteran
I prefer my 12x12 spool with an end cap instead of welded bottom. Its actually flat so its easier ts scrape if i have to. The welded bottom is not flat at all.

hobb3s93

I prefer my 12x12 spool with an end cap instead of welded bottom. Its actually flat so its easier ts scrape if i have to. The welded bottom is not flat at all.
thats good to know and i do like the adaptability of open bottom aswell
ive been pouring but some times i do recover it enough that i do have to scrape.

how big a column do u run on ur 12x12 spool?
im planning on 4x48.

12x12 end cap isnt in stock on glacier only open ended 12x12.
so i guess ill decide when more things become in stock.

i thought i read on here that its best to call glaicer to see if something is actually in stock?

memed: i thought sigle hinge are fine on things of smaller diameter?
i rarely go above 20 psi .
definetly planning on switching everything out to hp clamps soon tho but have not had problems with single hinge yet.

A6 Grower

Veteran
For my 12x12 i only run 4x24 columns and just do multiple. The pressure loss with the 48" sucks, you need so much butane for a proper pass. Just do multiple 4x24's instead. Put a ball valve under your column so you can run multiple columns one after another. You'll need a 4 way ontop of your column with a Vac port, butane in port, and a place for a gauge.

is its bigger then 1.5" then use HP clamps. dont be cheap when doing this, its worth the cost to have clamps that won't shoot off and break your ankles

MEMED

save yourself some $$ and mindspace and just buy the better rated solution the first time. IME, YMMV

Latest posts

Latest posts