What's new

Sweet leaf vs mk vs bhogart

HG23

Wow this is something else to read.

Yea, I remember this one. There's so much gold in this thread if it's read in full detail.

Especially if you've been following the extraction industry here on ICmag for a few years+ and are up on current news.

GW handling business like a goddamn professional while also dealing with Tamisium's long, rambling posts is a thing of beauty.

There's a lot of great posts in here but this one's my favorite from 1/2/2015. It's post #41 and sparked some interesting conversation:

Absolutely and bingo! GO gets the big cigar!

First vacuuming out the system would indeed solve the problem, and it would be that simple to solve if the Mr Extractor were equipped with that simple valve and fitting.

Like all reputable passive extraction system's have employed since long before the Mr Extractor was presented as a new innovation and the safest system.

PS: That is a separate issue from publishing a video viewed by the public and promoted as the safest, operated inside. If the safest doesn't at the very least, start with observing that very basic Number 1 rule, what must the public and folks writing legislation think?

Crazy how far things have come in a few years.

HG23

Wow this is something else to read.

By the way, are you Pinnacle Stainless out of Denver, CO?

If so, I just had a conversation with you guys last Friday.

Welcome to the board. I hope you'll be posting some info about your ethanol extraction systems here.

PinnacleStainls

By the way, are you Pinnacle Stainless out of Denver, CO?

If so, I just had a conversation with you guys last Friday.

Welcome to the board. I hope you'll be posting some info about your ethanol extraction systems here.

Yes it is! This is Zach!

I'm sure we will be talking plenty of extraction systems.

Can't wait!

Old Gold

does denatured alcohol work better in combo with dry ice to cool coil better then acetone?

Acetone will get colder faster, as CO2 is more soluble in it than ethanol/methanol. I'm pretty sure the key factors are solubility, relatively low molecular weight , and ?high latent heat of condensation? - which perhaps a more knowledgeable individual could chime in on.

Last edited:

TheDudeJim

Filthy newb, take pity.

Filthy newb, take pity.

I've got a budget of around 5 grand US and a burning desire to stop blasting outside. What's the best closed loop system for a legal start up? We're going to blast our trim and also purchase any good quality stuff we come across. My gut is telling me a 5 pound capacity is a good place to start.
I will greatly appreciate all helpful posts, hold the hostility please. We're all in this together after all. Thanks!

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got a budget of around 5 grand US and a burning desire to stop blasting outside. What's the best closed loop system for a legal start up? We're going to blast our trim and also purchase any good quality stuff we come across. My gut is telling me a 5 pound capacity is a good place to start.
I will greatly appreciate all helpful posts, hold the hostility please. We're all in this together after all. Thanks!

No! :laughing:

Seriously though, the amount of ventilation to safely run a closed loop or open extraction indoors is the same. It must be assumed the integrity of a CLS could breach at any moment, producing quite possibly a much worse disaster than the quick flash off of some exposed butane in Pyrex dishes from an open extraction.

If you want to run an underground CLS operation, do so in a shack isolated from others, with all sources of ignition covered down, and enough ventilation so you know you've got a chance if all the LPG is released into the space somehow.

That said, carry on bro. If you're going to blast trim, you'll need to go cold to keep quality high.

TheDudeJim

No! :laughing:

Seriously though, the amount of ventilation to safely run a closed loop or open extraction indoors is the same. It must be assumed the integrity of a CLS could breach at any moment, producing quite possibly a much worse disaster than the quick flash off of some exposed butane in Pyrex dishes from an open extraction.

If you want to run an underground CLS operation, do so in a shack isolated from others, with all sources of ignition covered down, and enough ventilation so you know you've got a chance if all the LPG is released into the space somehow.

That said, carry on bro. If you're going to blast trim, you'll need to go cold to keep quality high.
We're not an underground operation. The space is being built with a powerful ventilation system, fire suppression and gas leak detection. Do you have any thoughts on the CLS systems discussed in this thread, or personal experience with a different model?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry, I guess after reading only five grand to move indoors with a five pound CLS system I unconsciously dissed you're stated intention of doing it legally. Especially since you're going to need to go extremely cold to get decent quality with trim, and cold costs money, upfront and in the long run.

I'd like to see pictures of a legal five grand indoor CLS operation that doesn't look like something you'd expect from Bret Maverick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2aADfWPrbY

oneshot

Didn't Sweetleaf machines get de-listed from the approved extraction list in OR? There have been reports of leaks all over Instagram too.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

You can build your own Mk IVC for that, and would be the machine I would choose for your purpose.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't Sweetleaf machines get de-listed from the approved extraction list in OR? There have been reports of leaks all over Instagram too.

Ari has a running acrimonious battle with factions on Instagram, so I don't take it seriously, or I would believe him guilty of incest and bestiality.

I also don't see a mechanism for delisting, and there is nothing inherent in his design that is defective. It is operation and maintenance that controls leaks, once the system is built to the certified design.

oneshot

Ari has a running acrimonious battle with factions on Instagram, so I don't take it seriously, or I would believe him guilty of incest and bestiality.

I also don't see a mechanism for delisting, and there is nothing inherent in his design that is defective. It is operation and maintenance that controls leaks, once the system is built to the certified design.

There was a screen shot showing they got delisted on an official document. Trying to find it but I was just curious if anyone heard about it. Oh well.

thump easy

i wasnt to happy with the transaction lured into a buy only to upgrade and get chared for it didnt like it and i know this guy we grew in same desert thats it wasnt happy for realz no hard feelings. Just not mystyle had nothing to do with the side transaction i didnt follow up on..just didnt like the production rate or what was promised. Thats all. Sweat Leaf. I know Ari personally and no. I wasnt pleased.. No hard feeling but 3 in one aint gona bust out volume and the upgrade should have been the first sale.. Ow well hey i guess its bizzness right. I dont do that to anyone even if its bizzness but thats just me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts