What's new

Sweet Island Skunk, Island Sweet Skunk, Sweet Skunk

!PeAcE!

It's just more mellow and less "green" and fruity. Also the smell changes alot and takes on a much more faint aromatic character, far less sharp & acrid. The color goes to a golden/tan color with some amber glands that were previously white. Good mellow high but seems to get me more of a head high as opposed to body high which probably has something to do with the thc glands and resin fully drying out and becoming more psychoactive. Fresh weed is usually much less potent until it's cured out. :canabis:

Yea I agree with you, long cures are the way to go.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Just wanted to post some pics of some Island Sweet Skunk, grown organically in a soil-less mix..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

dmt

Veteran
i love iss,nice pics. pretty sure ss is very comparable to ssh by the sounds/looks of it, d

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Of course it is similiar because the ISS is a half knock from the original Sweet Skunk which I guess is okay if you are into that sort of thing and don't have other options. :bigeye:

G

Green Supreme

People may find something similar. My understanding is the seed is not stable enough to say this is what will come from ISS beans. Peace GS

solarz

Green Supreme,
Would you say that the selfed seeds available from Legends Seeds is a close representation of the original Sweet Skunk clone? I've been after Sweet Skunk for a while now, but i've never really felt confident in buying seeds to get what i want. Since you seem to be very well versed with these genes, i pose the question to you. For those of us, who can't/don't have access to the clone/clone scene...what's your suggestion of finding the closest representation of the clone in seed form? Thanks in advance bro.

solarz

G

Green Supreme

Well for sure its in there. I am a little afraid of S's and fems. As ODD suggested you might try the Sweet Skunk collab seeds or Chimeras Sweetest Sativa. These both DJ's Blueberry stud on to Steve's Sweet Skunk. I started one pack and found 2 keepers, one quite close to Sweet Skunk and a berrier one that is awesome. Good luck. Peace GS

ps. at one time I suggested a on of it. Good luck to all. Peace GS

outdoordreams

Solarz, I have grown out some of the Sweetskunk S1, the original Sweetskunk, and some crosses.

The original Sweetskunk clone was selected from over 1 thousand seedlings.
To find a plant equal to the original is going to be hard.

The Sweetskunk S1 are a great representation of the taste. Some of the plants produced really nice smoke, but not a stellar as the original mother plant.

The Sweetblue from Spice of Life Seeds, aka SweetestSativa from Chimera, are both the same strain, and produce amazing herbs. The best Sweetskunk cross on the market IMO.

solarz

Thank you to both of you (G.S. and ODD). This is the best info i've received to date about this strain.

SOTF, thanks to you as well, you've helped a lot with some suggestions in other threads as well as pms.

So one last question to you all...would it be more beneficial to NOT spend the 170/10 seeds of Sweet Skunk S1, and get a few packs of the Sweet Blue/Sweetest Sativa and go pheno hunting (would it be better in the F1 or F2 generation?)?

Thanks again for the great info.

Solarz

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would buy the cross and make F2's and find your own keeper but you might not really have to make F2's to find one that leans very far to the Sweet Skunk side because it is pretty dominant from the SPG in it which seems to take over most crosses. Plus I know from personal experience that Blueberry x Sweet Skunk is fantastic herb with a nice balanced effect and high potency with a special flavor/aroma to match. The BB added gives it somewhat more of a Sweet Tooth like effect but with the added Sativa/Haze in it from the Sweet Skunk side.

:canabis:

dmt

Veteran
i made the call yesterday. im going to get the bs og mom cut next following wednesday, just so happened they were making a new wave of cuts today. i seriously think in hydro with tons of gas il have her done in 65 days tops.

thanks for all the info dudes, i have had a chance to get this cut for 4 years and always passed on it, those pics stole the show.

how does she yield compared to a ssh, sssdh, jack herer etc or other like hazey types, respect, d