What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Swedish Guerilla Grow 2010 (Lat. 59)

Koi

Damn mate.. WE NEED NEW PICS HERE!!! ;)
And that is what you will get!
This month has been so fucking dry. I am lucky to have chosen a place with plenty of water, no need to water any plants at all there.

All the plants are enjoying this weather and grows with great speed even though it's not full sun at the spot all day.

Some plants have still not started to preflower.

viking x (b3n7 erdpurt x royal dane)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thyphoon (pollinated)

picture.php

picture.php

(early durban x lowryder) x afghani erdpurt

picture.php

Swiss Outdoor Mix

picture.php

picture.php

Thyphoon (pollinated)

picture.php

picture.php

(guerilla gold x danish passion) f3

picture.php

picture.php

Deep Chunk x (eroc x danish passion) f2

picture.php

(guerilla gold x danish passion) f3 (pollinated)

picture.php

picture.php

Overview

picture.php

picture.php

Feel free to ask or comment on anything.

Koi

Thanks man, the same goes for you. I love your plants. Can't wait to see them in full flower.

The weather has cooled down a little. So I don't know how the growth will be this week.
Stay tuned.

Dödsknark

Hell yeah Koi!

My computer broke down a while ago but is finally working again.

Very happy to see your plants doing their thing for you. Good job picking out the spot.

Looking mighty fine.

Peace!

G

Guest129216

Yup. Looking mighty fine. Cool that you are making seeds. Spread them around to everybody!

Koi

Time for another photo update.
Not all the plants have showed sex yet. That makes me a bit nervous. We will see how they will evolve, I really hope they will ripen up before the first frost.

The pictures were taken the 28th of July.

picture.php

picture.php

Thyphoon
picture.php

Same thyphoon. Two branches were infested with larvae. I cut those branches off after the picture (got some seeds that might be ready).
picture.php

(early durban x lowryder) x afghani erdpurt
picture.php

Swiss Outdoor Mix
picture.php

Thyphoon
picture.php

(guerilla gold x danish passion) f3
picture.php

Deep Chunk x (eroc x danish passion) f2
picture.php

That's all for today people. :blowbubbles:

Found it at some "funny picture" site. Thought it would look perfect with a joint in his hand. So I photoshopped it. Then you wrote in this thread and i saw that you also had a swedish chef avatar.

I hope you don't mind. I haven't seen your post in that thread. Or even knew that thread existed.

No worries at all. Good shop job. :)

Koi

This last week have been really bad for my plants. The sky was either cloudy and dark or it rained. Which caused the plants to fall over. So some tops has rotted, And I decided to cut those plants down. It was just the smallest seeded plants. But half of the seeds was ready, so they were not a complete waste of time.

As you can see all of the plants are standing in a pool of water.

Is there any point of hauling out the water?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:help:

offthehook

Veteran
No point in hauling out the water Koi.

By the time it's dry, the roots will have start to rot already by then, so it just doesn't work for ya on this spot.

No sense in having them around anylonger, they'll all turn to shit, sorry. :(

Next time on that spot, grow on a soil hill that's 70 cm high or make swamptubes that high, but even then it's not an optimum.

Needs 1 cub of soil for a hill on that spot, swamp tubes 1/4 th of that.

Better look out for a spot with lower ground water I 'd say.

Has happened to me too once, that's how we learn from previous mistakes.

Wheather! pfffff :)

Koi

You are probably right, but I won't cut them down yet. I have been growing in worse spots then this, were the plants did okay. The main problem with this kind of spot is the budrot.
The plants fight to much to get oxygen to be able to protect themselves properly.

Next year I will definitely grow on raised beds there. Open up the area for more sun and plant three times or more the quantity I did this year.

That way more water will be needed and they will have a chance if a heavy rainfall would happen again.

offthehook

Veteran
Dig hole 30cm wide, 1 mtr deep, 80 cm long, put 12 volt bilspump + floater switch connected to 12 volt accu. place it in a bottomless bucket in case walls tend to cave in. Connect 10 mtr long hose and some kinda coarse filter with large surface to avoid pump from clogging.

Not too expensive, check billthema for items mentioned.

Hope this helps for next year to already have in place as an emergency solution.

All best of luck with your situation Koi. :)

protoprat

A well proven low-tech solution would be to create a "tube pot". A metal mesh + a coarse fabric like hemp. Wrap em together. Dig a hole, stick it in the ground with the majority of the tube above ground level. Fill with soil mix (one with a good capillary/drain capacity) and plant. This way the the watery bog will keep your plants supplied with water without having em drown. Low tech gallore! =D

Koi

Great idea. But I have no cash to spend on that kind of equipment. If I have to get rid of the water it will be by hand. With a bucket or so.

Two of the plants with seeds got chopped down. They were the heaviest ones. So atleast I got some seeds for next year.

My plan will be to fill up the area with more soil to make the ground more solid and to make it a bit more raised. As it is placed between a steep hill and a water edge.

Hopefully I will land some harvest at the end of this season. Otherwise there will be another one.

protoprat

Another version would be to have the hemp fabris inside the mesh and a plastic wrap outside the mesh. The capillary effect will draw water up trough the fabric during dryer weather and the plastic sheeting will prevent the water from evaporating. A well draining soil mix will prevent drowning. Its important not making the tubes too small.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I use to place a 15ft x 15ft sheet of polythene over the outdoor gurrila grow area and coverd it in leaf/mulch to hide it then slice the poly were i wanted the plants to be and that use to work really well for me in the dryer months of the year and it also attracts worms which we all know are great for turning leaf debris into nutrient rich poo and i only needed to water once a week after they got a establised root system.This was in a large clearing in a forest/woods but you can use it anywere you feel your plants would be safe.

offthehook

Veteran
You'd be surprised how fast the water will return after bucketing it out Koi.

You said something about beeing situated inbetween a steep hill and a water edge eh?

So If this water edge is lower then where your plants are now, there might be one more option to pick from.

Won't the difference in hight be significant enough to siphon the water to lower ground with some garden hose?

In that case you can pull some cotton or hemp rope through the garden hose, using it's cappilary action to get a steady waterflow downhill away from the plants. (same principle as Protoprat mentioned but then in lateral direction)

If you only siphoned it, you would have to go back every time the water runs out, and with buckets you ve' got to come back at every refill.

But honestly... I think you 're fucked for now. Hope you proof me wrong tho. :)

Koi

This season has been worthless. So I don't care at all for any harvest. I got some seeds from a few plants and plan to make more indoors from now on too sow in the spring.

The first spot on the pictures are the neglected rock spot. I haven't cared for them at all, not even watered them. Despite that, three girls survived. They are tiny but still in flower.

The other spot was great, until it started to rain. The ground wasn't raised high enough so the plants started too fall and slow down their growth.

So until next year I will have to improve that spot.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seaside spot:

picture.php

picture.php

Two Viking
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fallen over Early Durban/Lowryder x Afghani erdpurt
picture.php

Swiss Outdoor Mix
picture.php

Guerilla Gold x Danish Passion
picture.php

Deep Chunk x eroc x Danish Passion
picture.php

Fallen over Guerilla Gold x Danish Passion with seeds
picture.php

And what the hell is this. What spawned this?
picture.php

Benefit

WOW Koi! You are doing good. I've seen this at my spot too but under the trees only and it was placed only on wood. Dunno whats that too.
You can dig chanels but the most effective they are if there are diffrent levels so the water will go in your chanels away.