What's new

Swamp farming in the frozen northeast: 09’

zappa66

Just checked up on the swamp and things are progressing smoothly, all are flowering nicely. Next time I visit I will scrape off the remaining osmicult (or however it’s spelled) and top dress with some .5-12-.5 guano…
Group shot:
1014643.jpg

Look at this Green’s Mix; the trics go all the way up the stem of that fan leaf!

1014647.jpg
Looks like they will yield nicely, lots of bud sites.:joint:

Last edited:

zappa66

Yep, its time for another update…
All of the plants are packing on the buds now, one Green’s Mix is fattening up faster than the others. I have some yellowing going on as well, It could be a few things: overwatering due to water level (too much rain), nitrogen deficient, or deer damage (only the GG#5s have a few nibbles on the main stem nearest to the ground). I did what I could, top dressed some ferts, and pulled the tubs to higher ground. I suppose I’ll have to get some mothballs or soap to put out…

GG#5
1014669.jpg

Green’s Mix:
1014684.jpg

Green’s Mix bud:
1014681.jpg

Greens

Well done so far, zappa. Those are some fine looking GG plants right there. The earliest one from the mix is definitely GG#2. Looks nice and frosty right now. I guess they are a little low on nitrogen. You might lose a little yield, but it won't be anything major. It should make for some nice smooth smoke in the end.

Greens

zappa66

Well the rain is really doing a number on the plants, as you can see many fans are yellowing, these pictures were taken after I cleaned up the worst looking ones. Still I should have a nice bunch o buds in a month or so. (I’m thinking sep 1st? hard to tell without checking trics)
I’m really concerned about bud rot as this year seems to be the “perfect storm” for it (rain and heat) I have already sniped out some small spots of rot and I still have a few weeks until I can harvest, fuckn’ a, all I can hope for is a nice sunny August (fat chance I’m afraid...)

1014701.jpg

1014705.jpg

Mr. Stinky

lookin good zappa. a little squirt of worm poop tea would maybe help them a bit. but im sure they will make it fine. should be pretty smooth smoke...super-flushed:woohoo:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
zappa: your plants are looking great man! sure, a little yellow, but everything can't always be perfect right? probably will slow down bud formation,/ lower yield just a little, but hopefully you come out with some naturally flushed buds!

zappa66

Unfortunately the yellowing is caused by root rot rather than lack of n. I’m sure they will still make it though.
Thank you all for the kind words, this is only my second OD grow, so I’m cutting myself some slack. Still—it’s shaping up to be a happy winter!

zappa66

What a difference a week makes, buds have really plumped up in this “decent” weather we have been having. Finally some sun! Anyway the yellowing does not seem to be getting much worse. However I did see a few more mold spots on the GG#2 and some on the other 2 mixes. Interestingly the GG#5 seems to be faring rather well with good mold resistance. The trics on the GG#2 are mostly cloudy with very few clear, I thought I spotted a few amber but it was hard to see in the bright light. The other 2 GG Mixes are all clear, they seen to be more sativaish. The GG#5 are looking 50/50 clear cloudy. At this point I have to say all my worries and pessimism about the yield have been put to rest, and so fucking early I can’t quite believe it!

1014720.jpg

1014722.jpg

1014725.jpg

1014727.jpg

1014730.jpg

peace:joint:

Greens

Wow, well done with the GG, Zappa! Looks just like a patch from one of my old grows except it's a few weeks earlier. I know you are going to love this stuff after you smoke or vape it. It's dank. The GG5s can be just mind blowing.

Greens

blackone

Veteran
Great grow - very beautiful plants you have!
I'm happy they're getting some nice weather now.

Benefit

You have a very good grow, probably you can increase the number of varieties with more potent.
What about mold resistance?
I have a problems with mold every year :frown:
Looks like the structure of buds promising success. I'm get hungry :jump:

Greens

Benefit, it would be next to impossible to find strains as potent as Guerilla Gold that finish as early. In fact, GG is more potent than almost any outdoor strain. Zappa is going to have some powerful buds. GG is quite good for mold resistance, but it's not mold proof. All round, it's an awesome early outdoor strain.

Greens

zappa66

I took the smallest GG#5 and the GG#2 down on the 9th as an insurance policy because the weather made heavy molding a definite possibility. Since then the weather has warmed up nicely and we are having nice 90-degree days. I have not seen the swamp yet this week but I'll head out tomorrow.

GG#5 -- 27 grams
GG#2 -- 24.8 grams
-----------------------
51.8 grams/1.85 oz
(Looks very nice and is just starting to cure!)

Benefit: I'd say the GG is decent as too mold resistant but then again this summer has been the rainiest in recent memory.

Greens: really looking forward to trying some mature buds, the early harvest is ok, but I'm sure fully mature flowers are going to be much better. I sort of regret pulling what I did, but better safe than sorry.

Greens

Cool you got an early harvest in. Yeah, it's definitely better to be safe than sorry. The more mature buds will definitely be worth it, plus I find the earliest phenos not to be the best compared the more common later but still very early phenos. Of course, they'll yield more too! I'm sure that early stuff is still awesome. It certainly looks awesome in the pics.

Good luck with finishing things up in the next few weeks!

Greens

zappa66

Sorry I’ll upload pics later I just trimmed my ass off for like 8 hours. I must be the slowest trimmer ever lol. I took down 2 more GG#5s and the buds are VERY chunky and frosty. This leaves me with 1 large GG#5 and 2 Mixes still to come; I can’t wait!

greens: thanks, they seem to be treating me well...

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
nice work zappa66

where did you get your GG from i am looking for it but cant find it any where :(

Latest posts

Latest posts