What's new

Surprise...the game is rigged

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Admit that austerity in contractions deepens contractions?

Would be tough to compare Hemp to Alex. Alex never deviates from 100% pro or con. Can't say for sure but I bet Hemp doesn't play spooky musical noise in the background.

I did try to learn to play the guitar once but couldn't get the hang of it. Besides, guitar doesn't really lend itself to spooky.

All I'm doing is expressing my opinion. Which in essence is that if the system collapses the strange man behind the curtain (the rich) whom we are to pay no attention to, will be revealed to the nation and we will all see it was one big fraud and most of us will go batshit crazy and burn it to the ground. So if you really want to blame something for my views um.... I don't know, Wizard of Oz?...Nickelback? :biggrin:

whodare

Veteran

:laughing:

id add that when you reply to each line

then all of the sudden

an argument gets pretty

tedious to respond to

add to that

the fact that you often reply with short vague rebuttals

that lack any substance

in regard to the topic

it starts to look like sophism...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophism

Sophism in the modern definition is a specious argument used for deceiving someone. In ancient Greece, sophists were a category of teachers who specialized in using the tools of philosophy and rhetoric for the purpose of teaching arete — excellence, or virtue — predominantly to young statesmen and nobility. The practice of charging money for education and providing wisdom only to those who could pay led to the condemnations made by Socrates, through Plato in his Dialogues, as well as Xenophon's Memorabilia. Through works such as these, Sophists were portrayed as "specious" or "deceptive", hence the modern meaning of the term.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Admit that austerity in contractions deepens contractions?
When you are bankrupt with an uncompetitive economy and your balance sheet is busted of course it does. Austerity is worsening the situation in Europe, but at the same time they can't borrow or spend anymore more money because their interest rates are blowing up because the market is realizing that they are bankrupt and their bonds are risky investments (because the money will never be paid back). It's quite the predicament.

And one that the USA will be dealing with soon enough (bond crisis and all).

Their only salvation that may buy them a few more months/years will be for the ECB to monetize everything, but it could also be that once they announce that's what they are going to do everything will fall apart. As our astute friend HempKat pointed out monetization of junk sovereign debt leads to currency collapse (not a Alex Jones conspiracy). Once the market realizes that all Keyensian options have been exhausted and failed will the real economic games begin.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
When you are bankrupt with and uncompetitive economy and your balance sheet is busted of course it does. Austerity is worsening the situation in Europe, but at the same time they can't borrow or spend anymore more money because their interest rates are blowing up because the market is realizing that they are bankrupt and their bonds are risky investments (because the money will never be paid back). It's quite the predicament. And one that the USA will be dealing with soon enough (bond crisis and all).

just need to print more.
don't you know that is how it works?
if we just print enough then the economy will turn!

print to solve your debt
your creditors will love it
insolvent sovereign

^^^
haiku!!!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
When you are bankrupt with an uncompetitive economy and your balance sheet is busted of course it does. Austerity is worsening the situation in Europe, but at the same time they can't borrow or spend anymore more money because their interest rates are blowing up because the market is realizing that they are bankrupt and their bonds are risky investments (because the money will never be paid back). It's quite the predicament.

And one that the USA will be dealing with soon enough (bond crisis and all).

Their only salvation that may buy them a few more months/years will be for the ECB to monetize everything, but it could also be that once they announce that's what they are going to do everything will fall apart. As our astute friend HempKat pointed out monetization of junk sovereign debt leads to currency collapse (not a Alex Jones conspiracy). Once the market realizes that all Keyensian options have been exhausted and failed will the real economic games begin.

Larry Kudlow and Zero Hedge - I consider these guys more agenda oriented than objectively informative.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Barack Hussein Obama

Ron Sophism Paul

:)
john wayne gacey
wane allen root
root of all evil
for the love
love the gold
goldman super pac
barack goldman obama

stream of consciousness is fun but quite irrelevant.
does the guild know you are dabbling?

whodare

Veteran
lay the meth pipe down DB

though it is your goal to look smart and witty to people online, turbo posting nonsense doesnt help your cause...

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
john wayne gacey
wane allen root
root of all evil
for the love
love the gold
goldman super pac
barack goldman obama

stream of consciousness is fun but quite irrelevant.
does the guild know you are dabbling?

Got anything past the stump? (pin drop) Oh that's right, you're right at home with gum bumping.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
lay the meth pipe down DB

though it is your goal to look smart and witty to people online, turbo posting nonsense doesnt help your cause...

I pointed out I'm not too "lost" to historically counter your pros. You couldn't handle it and prefer the personal bickering. Not very becoming, Gandhi.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
idk got anything other than leading questions or off topic and disingenuous arguments?

Got anything other than YAAAAAY!

Lay out your pros, I'll lay out the respective cons.

Or you may continue to punt.

Or we may move on, as personal bickering suggests you're done with pros and cons of gold currency.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Got anything other than YAAAAAY!

Lay out your pros, I'll lay out the respective cons.

Or you may continue to punt.

Or we may move on, as personal bickering suggests you're done with pros and cons of gold currency.

Physical gold/silver has no counter party risk.

What were the cons again?

Its a mathematical certainty that the fed will continue to devalue the USD - they have no other choice. Gold will continue to account for this currency expansion. It is THE hold for protecting one's purchasing power.

I'd be interested in hearing your cons on holding physical gold.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
So your willing to pay say, Oh an ounce of gold for that loaf of bread?? Gold is only going to be worth what it can by. Personally I'd rather barter bullets than gold, people will have a lot more use for bullets.
MY 2 CENTS

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
So your willing to pay say, Oh an ounce of gold for that loaf of bread?? Gold is only going to be worth what it can by. Personally I'd rather barter bullets than gold, people will have a lot more use for bullets.
MY 2 CENTS

I'm not speculating on apocalyptic doomsday.. I'm talking about the devaluation of our currency.

Your correct in the value of gold is what it can buy...and it has been buying more and more for quite a long time as our dollar is worth less. As the dollar sinks and people look to protect their wealth they will cause a parabolic spike in precious metals... that is when one would want to get out and into some other undervalued asset.

Plus.. many of those holding gold are also those who have large positions in lead. :) Gold isnt to trade for bread.. its to preserve ones wealth. Preparations for harder times are obvious beyond savings (gold). Sure though.. someone with gold but nothing to eat has a larger problem then protecting their purchasing power.

But if gold ever does come down to acting as a medium of exchange again it would serve that purpose perfectly. You'd take my gold for bread so that you could go buy fuel from someone else. They'd take your gold and buy whatever they needed.

:tiphat: