What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Silver Haze

thor

Outdoor Grower, C99 Lover
ICMag Donor
High!

After many years of wishing to smoke the famous SSH, I've finally had a chance and it was .. amazing.

You know that weed that gets you so motivated you feel like you're on the right track with your life? This is the one, only Sativas enable me to control the high so I can use it for my enjoyment and skip the negative effects of using pot. SSH is unique in that category.

Chatted to random people around me, heard some cool stories, spent an entire day cycling through the city. In my opinion, it could be the ultimate daytime smoke, if I were smoking everyday.

The herb itself looked very interesting - large calyxes, light in color, spicy smell with a hint of tropical fruityness. I didn't have a proper camera but you can look it up at IC, users' pictures represent it very well.

Smoking was an interesting experience too, the smoke so spicy, when I got it in my nostrils it was almost like taking a whiff of rich cinnamon powder or other middle eastern spices. The taste lingers in the front of your tongue, very pleasant :smoker:

Oh and another thing .. it's very long lasting - 2+ hours of sharp vision!

If the report came out a bit all over the place, it's due to my thoughts racing at V6 speed, hehe. SSH - the 100 octane of fuels!

I

Iron_Lion

SSH is my all time favorite smoke, my favorite pheno smells like catholic church and has a very trippy high. The only thing that sucks about SSH is every plant is different, so if ya find one you like you better hang on to it because it will be hard to find it again.

I love the way the room smells after you smoke a joint of SSH, its like weird incense not like weed at all.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ me to only thing better is when ya put some nice hash on top of it in a fat blunt and im not even a blunt smoker but the hash and haze combo cant be beat.

I

Iron_Lion

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ me to only thing better is when ya put some nice hash on top of it in a fat blunt and im not even a blunt smoker but the hash and haze combo cant be beat.

Im with you 100%. I've got some 20 week SSH buds right now and i like to smoke it in joints with a nice stripe of hash down the entire length of the joint, I get high as hell.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to make 73 micron dry sift out of cured ssh haze pheno buds. Best sativa smoke EVER!

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great report! Thanks very much good info. Are there non-spicy phenos? Love the sound of fruit but I have passed on SSH for awhile because I hear spice a lot and I am looking for sweet.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
im sure there r non spicey phenos out there but they arent the ones ppl keep,,lol if u want a fruity haze i suggest ya try sumthin else like and very haze dom hybrd like a bbXhaze kksc bluedream i got a very haze dom bluedreamXnevilles in flower now that seems to be the best of both worlds i just wish she didnt stretch 20x shes bft and still stretchin flowered from 14in

thor

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the comments! Gotta try that hash idea :smoker:

40Amps, the one I've had was really spicy - when I lit the joint I was overwhelmed by the taste, very intense, almost made me shed a tear, hehe. After the first toke it gets really smooth though, one of the most enjoyable herbs to puff.

Croissant

im going have to say that blue dream is not a good haze its not like the high described in the smoke report, dont believe the hype!

I do wonder how often the high as described in the smoke report comes up in phenos. i hear so many things about SSH high but what I like is whats described in the smoke report. Is this a common pheno is this what the "classic" pheno of ssh is like? I do find the high you describe to be a lot like the high I got off of Super Lemon Haze that I picked up recently.

Also I like your smoke report, you used some actual creative writing and described what the high is like and why you like it; which, sadly, is lacking in many smoke reports

thor

ICMag Donor
Hi Croissant, thanks for the comment! I also feel that some reports lack the 'what makes it so special' part, but everyone has a different style and approach. Your SLH report is really cool, sounds almost exactly like my thoughts on ssh!

Unfortunately, I have no idea on the origin, I got the bud from Bluebird coffeeshop. I smoked their Lavender some time ago and it was top notch as well

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
im going have to say that blue dream is not a good haze its not like the high described in the smoke report, dont believe the hype!

I do wonder how often the high as described in the smoke report comes up in phenos. i hear so many things about SSH high but what I like is whats described in the smoke report. Is this a common pheno is this what the "classic" pheno of ssh is like? I do find the high you describe to be a lot like the high I got off of Super Lemon Haze that I picked up recently.

Also I like your smoke report, you used some actual creative writing and described what the high is like and why you like it; which, sadly, is lacking in many smoke reports

I love my SLH and you can definitely tell the difference in high smoking LSK and SLH. The SSH adds a much more intense and broad high.

Here is my old report of a mom I still have and love:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=182449&highlight=Super+Lemon+Haze

After smoking and grow this cross I was convinced of SSH genetics being great breeding material for me. I plan on combining all my 'sweet' finds to it when I get time.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Im with you 100%. I've got some 20 week SSH buds right now and i like to smoke it in joints with a nice stripe of hash down the entire length of the joint, I get high as hell.
Is this a 20 week pheno or more like 14 they let go that long? Sound electric and with the hash.... :tiphat:

Have had mostly the same experience with BD. I think the Haze effects are mostly muted by the Blueberry.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we have a pack of mr nices ssh from 5-6 years ago.. out of 5-6 seeds sprouted, we got 3 females... all 3 plants pretty similar... good smoke, not the 'grail' we are looking for tho... we flower em for 75/78 days when there is a hint of amber... we put another 5 in paper towels last nite.... looking for that 14week pheno... even better would be a 20week... never grown anything that needs that much time, but i gotta beleive that a 14/20week plant will be kick-ass..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^did get the 20 week haze pheno of mr. nice ssh. that is what I made the dry sift with. Keep searching, that stuff really is some of the most incredible stuff out there

I

Iron_Lion

Is this a 20 week pheno or more like 14 they let go that long? Sound electric and with the hash.... :tiphat:

Nah,it is a 20 week pheno that probably could have went 22, it didnt start forming flowers until day 78. I keep growing more SSH looking for that special 10 week pheno but every female I get leans more to the longer flowering side. The thing that sucks about SSH is that you can have 2 thin leafed phenos that look the same but will finish weeks apart, you cant tell until later in flowering what type you have.

2 week veg, day 78 12/12

Here is a pic of 2 different SSH pheno's, this shows the extremedifference. The one with the wider leaf is my holy grail.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SSH

7253SSH06.JPG

Croissant

so are phenos with a high like the one described by thor in his smoke report common? Is it the xx week pheno? the xx leaning pheno? because i hear descriptions of ssh sometimes like it makes you forget what your saying midsentance and makes your face feel like its melting off... blah blah. Those descriptions kind of scared me off.

the most commmon theme i hear is its top notch!

and 40 amps I checked out your slh smoke report and loved the photos! man, you got skills! Those buds look amazing.. I find it interesting you find the ssh alters the lemon skunk high.... i have only the slh high as a frame of reference never tried ssh :( yet. but what sort of characteristic do you attribute to the ssh in the slh rather than the LS?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
so are phenos with a high like the one described by thor in his smoke report common? Is it the xx week pheno? the xx leaning pheno? because i hear descriptions of ssh sometimes like it makes you forget what your saying midsentance and makes your face feel like its melting off... blah blah. Those descriptions kind of scared me off.

the most commmon theme i hear is its top notch!

and 40 amps I checked out your slh smoke report and loved the photos! man, you got skills! Those buds look amazing.. I find it interesting you find the ssh alters the lemon skunk high.... i have only the slh high as a frame of reference never tried ssh :( yet. but what sort of characteristic do you attribute to the ssh in the slh rather than the LS?

It gives it that extra thump if taken day 70+ days you will get a longer lasting more serious body/head high + heart thumping fun you will not get from the LSK by it self.

LSK by it self seemed more in the head and did not last as long. LSK is dope as hell but far more boring on its own than when combined with SSH.