What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Silver Haze SCROG.

G

shaolin what's up? love ur grow brother, i've seen nothing but good things when that SSH gets to growing hard and the smoke is unreal, i've never smoked neville's haze but i liked it as much as the amnesia haze IMO...keep it green buddy i look forward to seeing that sweet scrog nug up for ya...

peace,
phat :canabis:

shaolin730

Thanks a lot PhatDaddy and littlesamsonite. Phat I loved your SC grow on OG, was a nice one :D. Here's a little update... between a week and 2 weeks flower or someting like that... I overwatered a little bit this afternoon a little before I took these pics, but not too bad.

Shots of the SSH Scrog.

Here is the rest of the closet.

And some nugs I'm smokin' on that a buddy grew. First is Karma Train (Trainwreck x Buddahs Sister) and other is Great White Shark.

G

hey thanks man i actually sold that box and am growing bigger plants now but i sense a return to scrogging at some point although going forward i think if i scrog it will be sativa strains only as u are demonstrating here...i'm redoing the flower room in a couple of weeks and I was thinking about setting up vertical lights in the front of the room and a scrog in the back, 2kW vertical and 1.8kW for the scrog...i smoked some buddah's sister from soma in the 'dam and it rocked, i'm sure the cross with the TW makes it even more of a crippler...i've heard of the GWS but never puffed it, is that from the people who had the NLKush and Rescue Me I grew? My dipshit friend killed like 50 NLK clones so that is now gone and the Rescue Me is being a little bitch, we're going to have to pollinate her and go from there to try to work with the strain anymore...anywhoo nice update, the canopy coverage is excellent and the strain is still going to stretch some for u, its going to be killer...

O

OHenry

Hey Shaolin! Sick grow. I noticed that the containers you were using for the SSH Scrog are clear. I may be wrong but hasn't clear containers , in which light can pass, shown to cause problems? I heard , or thought I heard that it does damage to the roots. From your grow it certainly doesn't appear to be :joint: I've heard it once before and you may be proving it wrong. Anyone else know anything about this.

Good work Shaolin! Later OH

shaolin730

Hey Henry. I've heard the same thing about clear pots as well. Never used them before but it doesn't seem to be hurting them at all yet. I've started seeds in clear cups before and had no problems as well but we shall see :D, so far, so good.

Here's some shots of her roots...she's starting to fill this container easy before flowering for even 2 weeks. I hope she can take 65 days flower in there without goin' rootbound.

O

OHenry

I think I heard that light exposure ends up causing over-production of smaller capilary roots...? Don't know though...very curious now.!!!

I'll be watching as I like the way it's going for sure! Later OH

G

awesome grow man :tup: u have trained that very nicely through the screen.ill definately be following this one to the end, cant wait to see the results

i am a huge fan of the SSH absolutely superb genetics. out of 12 beans i ended up with 7 females all were outstanding but i managed to wittle it down to one favorite - the one pictured.

IMO its up there with the very best. certainly in my fav 5 smokes and ive smoked alot of tasty bud :joint:

G

i'm willing to bet that that canopy is dense enough where there won't be a significant amount of light making it down to the container...like if a plant is big enough to shade a rockwool cube it is in then the cube won't get green algae growth on the top of the cube....however since roots lack chlorophyll it seems to me it shouldn't matter if they receive light or not i don't know how they would use it...the main problem from clear containers is that it can cause algae growth on the surface of the medium facing the light if the light is strong enough...

shaolin730

hashstar I remember looking at those pics :D. nice lookin' SSH, your looks a bit more on the sativa side than mine. mine finishes in about 60-65 days, you can take it at about 55 if you like the heady high. nice hazey flavor with a bit of skunk/pine on top.

phatdaddy I was thinkin about mentioning about the thick canopy shading it, the container doesn't get much light as you said :D

G

Nice job Shaolin!! Thanks for highlighting our SSH. You've done an outstanding job brother.. The buds from her when finished and ripe, dried out and ready to smoke will have a real strong skunk smell and when squeezed and sniffed it smells like sour apples. @63 days 12/12. She's one of my alltime favorites. If all goes well there could be a 4 or 5 oz harvest heading your way. She really likes the light and the nutes. Hogs them both up like a vaccume cleaner. Have fun bro, I'm more than proud of ya. not too long from now and your pics of the SSH will have frosting.

shaolin730

2 weeks 12/12

2 weeks 12/12

Tracked down the date I flowered and it was exactly 2 weeks today. New pics...attatched the screen to the pot, instead of the wall, so I can move it out of the chamber and get better pics now.

G

2 things real quick. How do you get those plants to be so bushy? do you plant multple clones into the bucket, or do you just keep pinching and bending plants so they fill in like that? And secondly, how do you feed and water them plants? Do you water from obver top of them?, or do you water right at the dirt?
Also, if you scorg the plants in round pots, what will you do when you have to flush the soil in the last two weeks? Just curious.
She's lookin good! She should be sweet when she's finished! Haze is the SHIT!

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Sh - you're doing a great job with this SCROG. Perfect I would say.

Luv, they get bushy like that by retraining the vertical growth back under the screen. Train-Grow-Repeat until stretch is over.

Again, nice 1 Shao.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job, i love the SSH, well in particular i love the sample i tried off Hashstar...... so much that it is right near the top of my to do list.....your thread has merely concreted that desire.
Dr D is planning on running a pack soon, cant wait......gonna be on his case for clones when he does.
Peace

G

:woohoo: Houston...the eagle has landed :woohoo:

I'll join in on the fun with some of these beauties..

shaolin730

Luvoxy: I wish I had a 40 or an 80 would be better if ya know what I mean :D. steelers hit the dot as far as gettin' em bushy.

steelers and truecannabliss, thanks for stopping by, enjoy the show :D

Wassup Kringle, glad you're able to stop by on IC and drop some pics off :D lookin nice as usual...but what else do I expect from you :D

Be back in about 30 minutes with some pics folks...

shaolin730

17 days 12/12

17 days 12/12

Ok here we go, got a nice detailed update of the SSH Scrog along with everything else in my garden. We're at 17 days flower and counting on everything.

First up, SSH Scrog. Comming along nicely, I trimmed a bunch more below the screen as you can see in the last pic.

Next up we have Blue Diamond. This would be a good choice for a future SCROG. Only topped her once and look how much of a bush she turned out to be.

Great White Shark. Grows nice rock hard nuggets that knock you to sleep :D. Excellent yielder.

New York City Diesel.

Crack's Mystery. My roommate started a bunch of seeds in paper towels and dropped the tupperware when they were germing. They are either DJ Short/Chimera's Moutain Jam, JLP's Ghaze or Lowryder x Neville's Haze. So far looks like Moutain Jam. Both are the same plant, right one is a clone of the left.

Shoa that ssh is coming along nicely, i'm a big fan of the sativas, i have a phoenix plant from JLP's line and it's about four and a half feet out side and i top her every day almost,a bush would be an understatement, it's about the same wide as it is tall. I'll have to get pics, good luck on a big harvest! Thanks......Herb