What's new

Super Silver Haze - Mr Nice

Terppalooza

I mean isn't amnesia just a very nice but atypical SSH cut from late 90s? She more C leaning than most of the SSH's which lean to the father of the mother being A? From smoking her and many other A5 leaning plants and lots of C leaning plants, whats what I think ..But yeah SSH is one of the best weeds released, most combos of the A, C, Nl5 and Skunk were stellar...Jack, Nevils, Mango, SSh...I mean..a good plant from each of those shits on most modern weed for terps, yield, vigor, resistance, uniqueness etc...and its just how 4 plants got recombined together basically... Wonder what Mr Nice uses today to make their modern SSH representation? The old stellar SSH cuts are still around and backed up clean invitro as far as I know.
I mean theese are modern seeds. I wonder what's in it. Definitely much more sativa feeling, maybe from clone they will speed up. But they are taking their sweet time compared to the core cut. Ore even my silver am.

Terppalooza

I mean isn't amnesia just a very nice but atypical SSH cut from late 90s? She more C leaning than most of the SSH's which lean to the father of the mother being A? From smoking her and many other A5 leaning plants and lots of C leaning plants, whats what I think ..But yeah SSH is one of the best weeds released, most combos of the A, C, Nl5 and Skunk were stellar...Jack, Nevils, Mango, SSh...I mean..a good plant from each of those shits on most modern weed for terps, yield, vigor, resistance, uniqueness etc...and its just how 4 plants got recombined together basically... Wonder what Mr Nice uses today to make their modern SSH representation? The old stellar SSH cuts are still around and backed up clean invitro as far as I know.
The first smells remind me of some mango haze I used to get in the Netherlands

need4weed

Veteran
Agreed, I have jack ibl, mango ibl and ssh f3 and Fort Collins cough. All from the same base genetics, all fire in their own right

nick11

Veteran
Here the Mango haze, terepalooza I wish you lived near me I'd give you a cut to run. Day 2 12 12. She very much looks like old ssh to me visually. Actually guys there is a Mango pheno in ssh, it's not very common though.
Btw i was broke when i repotted these and they are in miracle grow soil! Haha..all plants seem happy though. I only grow ffof but didnt have the $. So is mango the same recipe as ssh with a parent switched?
20231111_063019.jpg
20231111_063012.jpg

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
As far as I know the lineage of the original SSH was (Haze A x Nl5) X (Haze C x skunk) and the mango was (Haze C x Nl5) x (A x Skunk), so as they say they are parallel lines, the SSH being more A leaning as the father of the mother, and Mango being more C leaning in the terps as that is the father of the mother..Else made up from the same grandparents originally just different combination of, very closely related. So you'll get C leaning outlier SSH's and A leaning outlier mangos. So same in the mango lines does one get the outliers of leathershop, metal workings, armpits and wet dog and also the thai lemon and citrus zest terps..and in the SSH the outliers of the tropical fruits bubblegummy side of the spectrum

nick11

Veteran
Beautiful! That actually makes alot of sense about the parents. Ssh does have the haze a terps for sure..meaty incense. Mango has the haze c terps floral and fruity.

nick11

Veteran
Yeah that's a wonderful trick I learned, and still use. Basically the last 2 weeks water only when plant is almost wilted, and cut an hour of time every couple days. Really helps with sativas under led, otherwise they tend to push out white pistils.

Of course this isn't necessary, just helps speed things up.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
yeah agree with shorten days for foxtailing prone plants....run cooler at end too, that normally triggers the ripen to complete and finish..

nick11

Veteran
yeah agree with shorten days for foxtailing prone plants....run cooler at end too, that normally triggers the ripen to complete and finish..
I'm sure everyone can attest to their harvest quality/ potency being much better in the fall and winter too. Colder temps really bring out the frost and terps.

Reactions: ojd

Terppalooza

Theese SSH females are becomming an issue. This stuff grows through the roof. Im happy i made some seeds, cause i dont think i will ever want to grow any of theese females again. way to long fowering time for me. The amnesia, z55 and lemontini #1 should bring the males flower time down a bit i hope! xD

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Theese SSH females are becomming an issue. This stuff grows through the roof. Im happy i made some seeds, cause i dont think i will ever want to grow any of theese females again. way to long fowering time for me. The amnesia, z55 and lemontini #1 should bring the males flower time down a bit i hope! xD
With Haze normally the longer flowering 1's are the best , also from clone always come at least 2 weeks quicker and less stretch on clone run

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And like they mention above , reduce and hour of light every week from 12/12 to 11/13 on/off and another hour more dark every week to really speed it up

nick11

Veteran
What ojd said is exactly right, you are the sativa master after all haha. Love what you do bro with the classic hazes etc. Terpalooza good to hear you got the stretchy ones, skunk phenos were very undesirable for me. Crap drowsy high..kinda muddy feeling. Hopefully you'll get some heady smoke. Ojd I'm going to try and grab something from you for my next run. Been eyeing your gear for a while now. You got any chem d haze or something similar? Really need a good plant that will fit in my tent.

For reference here's my Mango haze, as you can see with training not too much stretch.

20231118_060903.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts