What's new

Super Silver Haze - Mr Nice

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I’ve been doing this run for 7 years. I’ve popped probably 1,000 seeds. I’ve got 3 keepers that way.

If you grow 40-50 at a time you’ll notice one head and shoulders above the rest, if you’re lucky.
u are probably rite, but for small home growers, that's not realistic ... that's why u need to buy seeds from a proper breeder..

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The old keeper rate has much improved over years with breeders in my opinion , especially with Feminized seeds.
Feminized seed your using 2 known clones that you smoked and deemed as winners.
Unless you used the same Male for many years you won't know everything he throws out or into the mix.

SSH has always been a bigger hunt as multiple phenos ranging from 8 to 12 plus , but the old packs were amazing , so many winners , even the 8 week Frankincense pheno

nick11

Veteran
Here yago Mr nice Mango haze...from 2014ish I think. Mango chutney Indian spice smell. Straight fire, about 11 week flower with silver flowers. Lmk if yall want me to post updates or a grow log or something. Very similar to ssh sativa phenos. She doesn't like the wild temperture swings my areas had lately between 40 degrees to 90 degrees so watering has been a little tricky.
20231107_094615.jpg
20231107_094632.jpg

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

Where do you guys think all these new “strains” come from? Most are pheno hunts of old crosses done 1,000+ at a time to find that special lady.
That's what made the old crosses so good. People would actually _work_ the plant instead of just sling seeds and chunck pollen with whatever multi-poly hybrid tootsie frootsie "strain" that's getting the most social media marketing/PR. The end result back then were stable plants that you didn't have to pheno hunt for, because the plants were a _stabilized_ pheno.

You don't get that in four or five generations, unless you've got skills like Nevil, and nobody on _any_ cannabis forum currently has that skill set.

CharlesU Farley

If you grow 40-50 at a time you’ll notice one head and shoulders above the rest, if you’re lucky.
Somewhere on the Mr Nice forum, there is a quote by Nevil that says something to the effect... anybody hunting for a pheno with less than a thousand plants is wasting their time.

Of course, he was dealing with totally different cannabis varieties than what's available now. :eek:

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
Here yago Mr nice Mango haze...from 2014ish I think. Mango chutney Indian spice smell. Straight fire, about 11 week flower with silver flowers. Lmk if yall want me to post updates or a grow log or something. Very similar to ssh sativa phenos. She doesn't like the wild temperture swings my areas had lately between 40 degrees to 90 degrees so watering has been a little tricky. View attachment 18915467 View attachment 18915468
Yeah keep us updated, got some mango haze ibl in the fridge

need4weed

Veteran
You only need 100 people globally to grow a 10 pack, that's your 1000 seeds. Someone growing a 10 pack has the chance of finding a standout pheno in any line if you work on that premise. It comes down to genetics to begin with and how they combine with each other and you jave to test the offspring. I've had excellent examples of ssh and c99, but when combined it was awful weed

nick11

Veteran
Where's the ibl from? It's a challenge trying to find a good haze that will fit in a small tent haha. Most are impractical for the space. Also i think these new leds just don't cut it for sativas. I don't recall having many issues in my hps grow days, but the heat is way too much for a tent grow at least in my neck if the woods. I still try anyways bc it the head effects I prefer, indicas are just sleeping pills to me.

nick11

Veteran
Yo how's that ssh looking? Just checking in..hope all plants are looking nice for you man! I just repotted my haze and flipped to flower so I'm right behind you.

Terppalooza

They are still stretching 🤣😬 I expected some faster less strechy plants. The one plant that does have thc already, right now have a citrussy mangoy hoppy smell pretty nice. But crazy slow. Especially next to silver amnesia and amnesia core cut

Attachments

• PXL_20231110_141049292.jpg
    PXL_20231110_141049292.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 57

Terppalooza

also the pollinations seemd have gone sucessful. i hope the cheese tent didnt get hit. cut core, my zkittlez and lemontreexsour d should eb holding my males seeds now

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
To me the old SSH cuts and Phenos were far superior to the Amnesia, far better.

People don't know Haze anymore as it's all Amnesia and quick flowering or commercial Haze.

SSH was 1 of the best varieties EVER in the late 90's/early 2000's until seed stock run out
I mean isn't amnesia just a very nice but atypical SSH cut from late 90s? She more C leaning than most of the SSH's which lean to the father of the mother being A? From smoking her and many other A5 leaning plants and lots of C leaning plants, whats what I think ..But yeah SSH is one of the best weeds released, most combos of the A, C, Nl5 and Skunk were stellar...Jack, Nevils, Mango, SSh...I mean..a good plant from each of those shits on most modern weed for terps, yield, vigor, resistance, uniqueness etc...and its just how 4 plants got recombined together basically... Wonder what Mr Nice uses today to make their modern SSH representation? The old stellar SSH cuts are still around and backed up clean invitro as far as I know.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
The old keeper rate has much improved over years with breeders in my opinion , especially with Feminized seeds.
Feminized seed your using 2 known clones that you smoked and deemed as winners.
Unless you used the same Male for many years you won't know everything he throws out or into the mix.

SSH has always been a bigger hunt as multiple phenos ranging from 8 to 12 plus , but the old packs were amazing , so many winners , even the 8 week Frankincense pheno
Man...where the hollywood haze at? I been looking for a cut of the HPH ever since I grew some s1's of it out years ago and only realized what i had once I had chopped them down...what special weed! Though a bit speedy for me LOL..

Latest posts

Latest posts