What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Silver Haze - Mr Nice

Terppalooza

Super Silver Hazes seedlings from 1 pack

Attachments

• PXL_20231005_210412302.jpg
    PXL_20231005_210412302.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 162

goingrey

Very interested in this especially as I'm growing GHS SSH atm myself so it will be interesting to see the differences and similarities. Obv. shouldn't jump to big conclusions with different environments and so on but still..

How vigorous have your seedlings been so far? Honestly with the GHS version I have been surprised at the lack of vigor and post-flip stretch. Then again it's as much an NL/Skunk hybrid as it is a Haze hybrid.

Terppalooza

Very interested in this especially as I'm growing GHS SSH atm myself so it will be interesting to see the differences and similarities. Obv. shouldn't jump to big conclusions with different environments and so on but still..

How vigorous have your seedlings been so far? Honestly with the GHS version I have been surprised at the lack of vigor and post-flip stretch. Then again it's as much an NL/Skunk hybrid as it is a Haze hybrid.
tbh pretty good growth for the most part. out of 18 seeds 15 alive and 12 of them are pretty strong. so overall veg growth is good. online from others, i seen some larfy looking buds not like my silver amnesia ore core cut. but lets see. i mostley got them for male selection, but offcourse ill keep clones of all and if any good females are around ill be reporting :)

right

I would love to see how they match up.

nick11

Veteran
Ssh is very hit and miss these days. Plants were mostly skunky smelling and looking. 1 in 10 were hazey. Amnesia I've had much better experience getting incense church afterburn smells. Not so much with ssh. Good luck to you, hopefully you find a nice hazey plant. You haze heads know the smell I'm talking about..it's unmistakable.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Ssh is very hit and miss these days. Plants were mostly skunky smelling and looking. 1 in 10 were hazey. Amnesia I've had much better experience getting incense church afterburn smells. Not so much with ssh. Good luck to you, hopefully you find a nice hazey plant. You haze heads know the smell I'm talking about..it's unmistakable.

for me it was ....miss.... no hit - ran about 1/2 the pack 10-12-15yrs ago, n did not find a keeper... pretty disappointing as the seeds were not cheap...

nick11

Veteran
Tbh there's much better sativa options these days unless you can get a cut like core, amnesia, etc. Sorry to get your thread off topic, I love my ssh keeper so not bashing ssh at all.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for me it was ....miss.... no hit - ran about 1/2 the pack 10-12-15yrs ago, n did not find a keeper... pretty disappointing as the seeds were not cheap...
You need to crack that half pack , the old yellow paper packet SSH were very good , your other half pack might hold all the gold phenos.
Do a log I'm sure there will be alot of interest , il defo follow it.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tbh there's much better sativa options these days unless you can get a cut like core, amnesia, etc. Sorry to get your thread off topic, I love my ssh keeper so not bashing ssh at all.
To me the old SSH cuts and Phenos were far superior to the Amnesia, far better.

People don't know Haze anymore as it's all Amnesia and quick flowering or commercial Haze.

SSH was 1 of the best varieties EVER in the late 90's/early 2000's until seed stock run out

NEED 4 SEED

I am still trying to revive my 2012 GH SSH from it's progeny because it was so good and hazy but that pheno seems impossible to get back. And the version from appr. 2017 is a completely different kind of strain. Nothing like a haze.
But it would be nice to see how they turn out today.

Latest posts

Latest posts