What's new

Super Silver Haze (Green House Seed Company)

gypsyeyes

From Nev- Sept 8, 2010
Either Sensi directors authorised the release of the plant produced from a mating I had made prior to ending up in jail in 1990, or a person in a position of trust made private arrangements. The mating was NL5xHzC X SK1xHzC.
Sensi won a cup with this cutting. It was called "Jack Herer". The J.H. line of seeds had this plant as a mother.
Green House also won with this plant at the Cups. It was called Super Silver Haze. As GH never had this cutting, who knows what they are calling SSH.
In the '90s, a variety known as Diesel was making a name for itself. When I smoked it I knew instantly that this was exactly the same plant and they had a cutting. The early Diesel line of seeds would also have used this plant as a mother.
All 3 lines were made with different fathers at least and this was 20 years ago. One would assume that successive generations would all go in their own unique directions, presumably giving rise to any distinct differences today. The names have remained the same and all 3 lines gained their credibility from the exceptional qualities of the original cutting NL5HzC x SK1HzC.
N.

Super Silver Haze- Mr. Nice
SSH2ind99.jpg
SSHindoor2.JPG
SSH2ind100.jpg

gypsyeyes

Not mine. These were grown by some bloke over at mrnice site. I've grown it outdoors in the past and it can get enormous. Merry Xmas, buddies!

goingrey

s.jpg

s3.jpg

Day 77 12/12

Cut off one branch a week ago (10 week tester) and one today (11 week tester). Will harvest the rest when the (different strain) seedlings for the next round are big enough to go in. Unless that takes more then a week, in which case I will take a 12 week tester as well.

graow

This is what is being sold at Greenhouse coffeeshops as SSH, bought from Cookies Lounge (formerly Greenhouse United). Ground up and whole.

View attachment 18909857

View attachment 18909858

Wrote a small review in the coffeeshop thread.

Let's see if my plants end up with something similar.

Hello :)
What a great finish, congratulations!
10 yrs ago i tried the greenhouse coffeeshop's ssh
was so nice, amnesia style, very solid buds, i felt like i had to buy some of their seeds but unfortunately finally got nothing like what they sold me :(
Receipe may have changed since i buyed mine i remember very tall plants with long sativa style leaves, only green phenotypes
Yours look very nice because u did a nice job but i bet they also nothing to do with the weed u got from them ^^
Anyway enjoy your great buds dude ;)

goingrey

Hello :)
What a great finish, congratulations!
10 yrs ago i tried the greenhouse coffeeshop's ssh
was so nice, amnesia style, very solid buds, i felt like i had to buy some of their seeds but unfortunately finally got nothing like what they sold me :(
Receipe may have changed since i buyed mine i remember very tall plants with long sativa style leaves, only green phenotypes
Yours look very nice because u did a nice job but i bet they also nothing to do with the weed u got from them ^^
Anyway enjoy your great buds dude ;)
Thanks!

It's a polyhybrid made with three strains that are all themselves hybrids, so not sure if it's sensible to expect any certain type of plant from just a couple of seeds (as proven by the two completely different phenos here). That said, I was also expecting it to be more towards the sativa side.

Has the recipe changed? Well, for sure at least once, since they used to be regs and now they are fems.

The SSH from their coffeeshop was very nice indeed. Will be interesting to see if there are any similarities. My buds def won't have that bag permeating stank theirs did, that much is certain.

Latest posts

Latest posts