What's new

Super Silver Haze (Green House Seed Company)

goingrey

GHS said:
Super Silver Haze (Feminised)
1696613765496.png

Description
70% SATIVA - 30% INDICA

THC: 26,50% CBD: 0,17% CBN: 0,74%

GENETICS

Skunk x Northern Lights x Haze.

EFFECTS

Probably the most famous sativa plant in the world, a classic hit.

Strong, fast-hitter, long lasting effect.

FLOWERING INDOOR

10 to 11 weeks with yield up to 800 gr/m2.

Long branches, ideal for ScrOG or LST.

FLOWERING OUTDOOR

Finishes by mid-October (North hemisphere).

Production can reach 1500 gr/plant.

Ideal for equatorial, tropical, subtropical and temperate climates.

DESCRIPTION

The Super Silver Haze is one of the most famous Sativa strains in the world. Created by Arjan at the end of the 90´s from a cross of Skunk x Northern Lights x Haze, it instantly won numerous 1st Place prizes at the High Times Cannabis Cup, and, from that moment on, history was written.

The Super Silver Haze is an expression of the famous Haze plant that has that strong, vigorous stretch, vivid green color on the leaves and stem and a very typical kind of woody or piney terpene profile. To make the Haze plant more appealing, Arjan added the Skunk and the Northern Lights to add some yield to the flowers, forming some big chunky flowers covered in resin thanks to the Skunk genetic, and shortening the long flowering time from the Haze while keeping that particular Sativa taste that so many people love.

The result is a beautiful Sativa-dominant plant with the yield and flower appeal of some of the prettiest Indicas. The stretch during flowering will be 2–3 times the size of the flower, and the plant can turn into a huge tree if given enough soil and food. A beautiful strain very resistant to most insects and fungi.

The taste is a complex mix of the Haze ancestors, the Skunk and the Northern Lights. On the inhale you get that really strong Haze note, with a strong pine-tree and woody taste. The most expressed terpenes are Myrcene, D-Limonene, and α -Pinene.

The smoke in the room leaves a kind of church smell, and after the woodiness you get hit by the sweetness of the Skunk and some light metallic notes of the Northern Lights on the exhale. The high is instant and strong. A very psychoactive strain great for any occasion, party or brainstorming session, it will let you be active while it lasts, which will be for a long time.

AWARDS

1st Hydro HTCC 1997,

1st HTCC 1998,

1st HTCC 1999.

Archived old thread.

jakespeed

Veteran
hope you dont mind a pic goingrey, my slh is a staple in my garden , she is always in my jars , she can make people to high , I put lots of seeds down and cull plenty , but this holds it place , I just put some more into flower , she is from 2009 stock , 12 years old this one
unnamed.jpg

Terppalooza

Thanks. In all honesty I must confess the look has been faked by removing some less pretty leaves. In my defense, the canopy was too dense, and some defoliation was needed anyway.
fake it till you make it haha. looks great! cant wait to see more updates. have a pack of their super lemon haze here, got it sith the mr nice silvers. if yours turn out fire might just pop the super lemon xD

Terppalooza

hope you dont mind a pic goingrey, my slh is a staple in my garden , she is always in my jars , she can make people to high , I put lots of seeds down and cull plenty , but this holds it place , I just put some more into flower , she is from 2009 stock , 12 years old this one View attachment 18900569
beautiful :) for 12 years old she deserves to be in a bigger pot tho hehe

goingrey

Day 20 12/12

Have been feeding quite light, and as a result the SSH are showing signs of malnourishment, especially the biggest one. This strain is a heavy feeder.

s.jpg

Initially the plan was to just have one SSH plant. The first one was so lacking in vigor that I deemed it a total runt and dropped another seed in a cup of water. The second seed turned out to be twins. All were kept around, so there are three SSH plants in the tent.

The little one did eventually grow. Still only the size of a single branch on the other two despite having had a couple weeks more veg time, but at least it looks like a proper plant now. Maybe it's an NL pheno.

s2.jpg

Last edited:

Terppalooza

Day 20 12/12

Have been feeding quite light, and as a result the SSH are showing signs of malnourishment, especially the biggest one. This strain is a heavy feeder.

View attachment 18905158

Initially the plan was to just have one SSH plant. The first one was so lacking in vigor that I deemed it a total runt and dropped another seed in a cup of water. The second seed turned out to be twins. All were kept around, so there are three SSH plants in the tent.

The little one did eventually grow. Still only the size of a single branch on the other two despite having had a couple weeks more veg time, but at least it looks like a proper plant now. Maybe it's an NL pheno.

View attachment 18905159
Looking good. You feeding them organic?

goingrey

This is what is being sold at Greenhouse coffeeshops as SSH, bought from Cookies Lounge (formerly Greenhouse United). Ground up and whole.

s3.jpg

s2.jpg

Wrote a small review in the coffeeshop thread.

Let's see if my plants end up with something similar.

Mimpi Manis

I did a little cross of GHS SSH with their White Strawberry Skunk and lucked a very nice cross indeed. (Outdoor) One of the more potent ones in my fairly modest inventory. (How do people manage with just one strain in the bank)? Retained that glorious tropical sweet fruity nose too. Stronger than both parents as well. Bit of a surprise really. Just goes to show don't it? MM

PS: Big fan of what these guys are doing:

TheDarkStorm

This is what is being sold at Greenhouse coffeeshops as SSH, bought from Cookies Lounge (formerly Greenhouse United). Ground up and whole.

View attachment 18909857

View attachment 18909858

Wrote a small review in the coffeeshop thread.

Let's see if my plants end up with something similar.
Is that a brand new batch from the shop......I know arjan recently grew out some jack herer seeds from 93-94....he for some reason thinks its super silver haze and was growing them out to select a new mother to reverse and sell as super silver haze seed....he dont realise that those jack seeds are different quite abit to the 97/98 ssh seeds...the jack seeds have a additional nl5hz super skunk father.....but he is off his head anyway .....not sure what he has been selling as ssh for ages as it keeps changing.....anyway good luck I hope your plants turn out great...might actually be a bonus if they turn out to be the feminised version of the 93/94 jack seeds they were trying do...not sure if they completed that yet.

goingrey

Is that a brand new batch from the shop......I know arjan recently grew out some jack herer seeds from 93-94....he for some reason thinks its super silver haze and was growing them out to select a new mother to reverse and sell as super silver haze seed....he dont realise that those jack seeds are different quite abit to the 97/98 ssh seeds...the jack seeds have a additional nl5hz super skunk father.....but he is off his head anyway .....not sure what he has been selling as ssh for ages as it keeps changing.....anyway good luck I hope your plants turn out great...might actually be a bonus if they turn out to be the feminised version of the 93/94 jack seeds they were trying do...not sure if they completed that yet.
The buds were from Friday. Smell was a little bit soapy.

The seeds are from last year. Smell in the tent is on the fruity side. Different. But there's still time for the aroma to develop and let's not forget it's a polyhybrid with the pheno variation to match before jumping to conclusions.

Not sure what to think of your JH theory. GHS does sell Jack Herer and also three hybrids (Jack Herer Auto, Jack's Dream, and Exodus Cheese x Jack Herer x NL5).

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Jack herer was around when SSH wasnt...you are missing something hard.
Super skunk in Jack ??
Its just no sense Dark.
Its also no sense that guy like Arjan cant find some genetics.
He atm is searching through 50 000 plants or more.He planted in Thailand about 25 000 seeds from various Hazes.

TheDarkStorm

Jack herer was around when SSH wasnt...you are missing something hard.
Super skunk in Jack ??
Its just no sense Dark.
Its also no sense that guy like Arjan cant find some genetics.
He atm is searching through 50 000 plants or more.He planted in Thailand about 25 000 seeds from various Hazes.
I agree jack here was around wen ssh wasnt, point is you know that, I know that...but I dont think arjan understands that... He not long ago was growing the first batch of jack seeds from sensi from 93/94 (those are the the onez in Thailand the seeds from 93/94 he says is ssh, but ssh hadnt been made then).. He is going to sell it as ssh...He dont understand ssh was made later...Dont really mater if you grow 5000000000 seeds, if a person dont know how to breed and is using different seeds it means nothing... He has already messed up loads of the old strains recently, they haven't maintained them in their original form...im sure you'll agree, if there jack seeds he should just say there jack seeds and not ssh.

Last edited:

goingrey

s2.jpg

Day 35 12/12

The two phenos side by side. Single branch on the left vs entire plant on the right. Leaves distinctly different and buds much more compact on one than the other.

Having trouble keeping up with all the drinking and eating the one on the left is doing. Well not sure if having trouble is the correct phrase but she has caught me off guard a couple of times, as you can see. Watering every day, even twice a day. The one on the right I've had no trouble with and gets watered about once a week.

Cool temps bringing out a purplish hue, 14c lights off 17c on. But it's fine. Not going to be turning on the radiator just yet.

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Latest posts