What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Panama Haze limited edition

thugpoet

Hi @thugpoet sorry for catch up with a reply so late. A pleasure to hear you are running Super Panama Haze and Killer A5 Haze side by side ;) much appreciated.

Correct :yes:

Glad to know you are a bit familiarized with straight Panama, so you can appreciate better her influence when crossed with Nevil Haze hybrids. Panama Goddess F10 is a very high yielding Panama mother, very resinous, of high flower/leaf ratio, very refined vanilla, lemon, incense terpene profile, musky, floral too. Potent prime quality cerebral-dreamy-psychedelic Central American sativa effects. She is basically our Panama elite mother (for non red stony types), and the one we more frequently use for straight Panama seed production (regular and fem), and Panama hybrids too.

Oldtimer's Haze never has the raw potency of selected Nevil's Haze mother. Nevil's Haze is obviously much more potent and longer lasting in effects and contains much more % of THC than Oldtimer's Haze, works well indoors (although requires experience), and is long flowering but not ethernal. On ther other side, Oldtimer's Haze is a very difficult genetics to flower indoors and take forever to finish.

Take in consideration, Oldtimer's Haze is an inbred, untouched extreme tropical sativa without of trace of indica, while Nevil's Haze hybrids are Sam's Haze crossed with NL #5, a very heavy indica and a very different cultivar, so Nevil's Haze hybrids have lots of heterosis (vigor, to reach higher peaks, also in cannabinoid production). But the more or less NL #5 content in Nevil's Haze hybrids makes their effects super strong, but also dirtier, stoney, reaching easily ceiling and they tend to have a dark vibe .... a Haze hybrid with too much NL or Skunk has a strong high, but usually ugly for most purest sativa lovers.

Oldtimer's Haze effects (especially green phenos) are totally cerebral, non ceiling, without a trace of the indica intoxicating side, so from a sativa lover point of view Oldtimer's Haze or Original Haze is a much better smoke to have than Haze crossed with a narcotic indica.

Did you already start you new batch of ACE genetics ? :)

Lots of great info. Panama Goddess seems like a real champion.
I have like 20 seeds of Panama regs, probably going to buy a few more packs and do a proper selection on it at some point. I feel like the Panama holds up very well against modern hybrids even in terms of Terpenes, vigor is good but still manageable in stretch and the best part for me is the effects. Very motivating and social with people but also nice and introspective when you are alone. Electric also, borderline psychedelic as you say.

Unfortunately, my SPHz via Mandala got intercepted by Uncle Sam and if I understand correctly Mandala is closed until October. No where else to get these in the US yet or the sweet R&D Lines, so I'll have to be patient.

I've started the KA5Hz, all 6 germinated within 48h of soak and came out of the root plugs pretty fast. They are still tiny right now, growing alongside some GHS Super Lemon Haze since I couldn't get my hands on the Super Panama Haze.

Really would love to find a decent representation of the Haze A pheno with its thin leafs popping out of the massive buds and a nice NL5 Haze pheno if possible, Silver Malawi would be a + as well but not really what I'm after.
I'm very curious how the Haze A comes through, so far all my haze experience has been Haze C hybrids aside from a buddy's cut of Mango Haze.
I've never experienced what people call Frankincense smells from Haze hybrids. Only woodsy, pine, catpiss smells or what you call incensey like the Panama.
I'm looking forward to the Oldschool terps of the KA5Hz and hopefully some trip weed.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:

Cannabrainer

I have like 20 seeds of Panama regs, probably going to buy a few more packs and do a proper selection on it at some point. I feel like the Panama holds up very well against modern hybrids even in terms of Terpenes, vigor is good but still manageable in stretch and the best part for me is the effects. Very motivating and social with people but also nice and introspective when you are alone. Electric also, borderline psychedelic as you say.

Unfortunately, my SPHz via Mandala got intercepted by Uncle Sam and if I understand correctly Mandala is closed until October. No where else to get these in the US yet or the sweet R&D Lines, so I'll have to be patient.

I've started the KA5Hz, all 6 germinated within 48h of soak and came out of the root plugs pretty fast. They are still tiny right now, growing alongside some GHS Super Lemon Haze since I couldn't get my hands on the Super Panama Haze.

Really would love to find a decent representation of the Haze A pheno with its thin leafs popping out of the massive buds and a nice NL5 Haze pheno if possible, Silver Malawi would be a + as well but not really what I'm after.
I'm very curious how the Haze A comes through, so far all my haze experience has been Haze C hybrids aside from a buddy's cut of Mango Haze.
I've never experienced what people call Frankincense smells from Haze hybrids. Only woodsy, pine, catpiss smells or what you call incensey like the Panama.
I'm looking forward to the Oldschool terps of the KA5Hz and hopefully some trip weed.

Cannamicably,

Why are collectibles like hemp seeds being confiscated by Uncle Sam? Technically, it is not illegal to import, export, or transport seeds trough inter-state commerce in states where cannabis cultivation is not legal.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Super Panama Hazes

One has been exceptionally hungry. They all smell very nice, old school dank smells. One kinda reminds me of gun powder.

20230619_222032.jpg
20230619_222051.jpg
20230619_222100.jpg
20230619_222110.jpg
20230619_222114.jpg

Cactus Squatter

Can’t wait to flip these over. Probably end of next week.
2 of them are so far growing very similar to the one I ran earlier this year and one is showing a lot of variegation and odd leaf growth but is keeping up size wise.
IMG_8143.jpeg
IMG_8144.jpeg
IMG_8145.jpeg

Here’s a closer shot of the oddball, it’ll be interesting to see how she grows out.
IMG_8146.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Cannamicably,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Super Panama Haze seeds by customs of your country. Although US has changed laws for cannabis seeds, a phytosanitary certificate (and other documentation) are still required to enter the seeds in the country in a fully legal way. That's why we no longer ship there directly from our website, and now we do all the process fully legally through export partners.

We have big official US retailers such as North Atlantic Seed Co, Well Grown Seeds and Multiverse Beans doing a great job with our distribution in your country, it takes more time to re stock them, but it's better to do it in the right way.

Hopefully one day you can get and grow Super Panama Haze and let me know how does she compare with Super Lemon Haze :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Super Panama Hazes

One has been exceptionally hungry. They all smell very nice, old school dank smells. One kinda reminds me of gun powder.

View attachment 18856145 View attachment 18856146 View attachment 18856147 View attachment 18856148 View attachment 18856149

They have become tall girls with long legs for you @Keif Cake :) with those red Panama Red-Punto Rojo stems. This super sativa hybrid is a hog for feeding, takes it all and translate it into huge yields when they reach 2/3 parts of flowering without showing major deficiencies. How are they finishing friend ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Can’t wait to flip these over. Probably end of next week.
2 of them are so far growing very similar to the one I ran earlier this year and one is showing a lot of variegation and odd leaf growth but is keeping up size wise.
View attachment 18870991
View attachment 18870992
View attachment 18870993

Here’s a closer shot of the oddball, it’ll be interesting to see how she grows out.
View attachment 18870994

I also can't wait to see my friends here finishing the 3 new super sativa hybrids released this year @Cactus Squatter Your Super Panama Hazes want to go really quick as a seedling into producing leaves with many leaflets. I have the feeling that the less tamed one is going to be a wild girl! ;)

Keif Cake

Veteran
They have become tall girls with long legs for you @Keif Cake :) with those red Panama Red-Punto Rojo stems. This super sativa hybrid is a hog for feeding, takes it all and translate it into huge yields when they reach 2/3 parts of flowering without showing major deficiencies. How are they finishing friend ?
Yes they stretched as much as they were allowed to. The quickest two are in the jar curing. I certainly underfed them, and only one cut made it, they all showed defieciency by end, and only the longest flowering heaviest yielding one. The longest flowering one was harvested the same day as the last remaining Zenith, probably another week in the dry box. Ill be interested in how it looks on the second run when i load up the mix pretty heavily when planted for flowering.

I sampled the quickest finisher, doesn't seem to be clear headed at all, maybe almost a groggy feeling to it, but i expect it to change quite a bit as it cures out, it wasnt really at a point where it would burn well last week.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Dug around in the jar after work and found an acceptably dry piece.
It gets you ✈️ 🛩 🛬 highh, lost in thought, a short attention span. Fairly strong smoke, probably about a 8 potency, high ceiling. Not a clear headed smoke, much much stronger than the only Panama Haze ive grown. Not a comparable smoke effect wise. Very nice bud structure.

20230802_164657.jpg
20230802_164647.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Hey @Keif Cake
When she's sufficiently cured for evaluation, I would love to hear you elaborate on the similarities and differences between Super Panama Haze, Panama, Panama Haze and other Panama hybrids.
Ill contribute what i can, although i Havent run the straight Panama yet, i have a pack or two, just waiting on when to run it.
I think the next seeds i start will be Oaxacan 79 IBL and Chem 91 S1, then after that i may squeeze Panama in. Also may just a fem seed on a whim at any point.
I also have some Panama Bangi crosses i need to run at some point.

Of the SPH I'm most interested in evaluating the longest flowering one, partly because its the only cutting that lived.

Keif Cake

Veteran
@Ras Kali Rasta maybe ill add in a 3 pack of Panama. From what i understand of Oaxacan, the 4 - 6 females wont take up much space, and most or all of the chem will be run in the 4x4.

Now that I'm thinking about it, ill possibly have a gap, although theres usually always something rooted i could fill it with. But Ive been sticking to my New Years resolution, which was to start more seeds this year

Panama x Oaxacan may be an interesting cross along with Chem 91 x Oaxacan
The must have cross i want though is the Mexican Honduras x Oaxacan

Keif Cake

Veteran
How long did that one flower for? Any pictures of its structure?
I think it went around 12 weeks, id have to check dates to be certain, if i remember correctly it was harvested 4 weeks before the longest flowering which went a good 4 months.

It is the 3rd picture on June 20th on this page.

The 2nd picture is the one that the clone made it, and the longest flowering. Jarring it up tonight, sampling it here in a minute, pinched off a couple small dry buds and letting it air dry a few minutes before stuffing the cone. It smells like Lemon Pine Sol, will take a pic when jarring it up, and possibly a bud from the one in the 1st pic also, i haven't sampled this one yet.

Edit:
Correction, the one i was most recently talking.about making me tired was the one in the 1st Pic, the very 1st sample of the other did as well, not.as bad though

Last edited:

Cactus Squatter

Just a little update of the 3 SPH. They are still looking like they’ll finish faster than the Super Congo and the Bangi Haze x A5. And… They’re in the back of the tent! 😂

The Freak Pheno is doing what it does best. Being dramatic about anything and everything. 😂 I’ve discovered this plant absolutely hates water. It wants to exist in the absolute bare minimum of moisture or it throws a hissy. But get it too dry and there’s another hissy. It also does not like to be fed. At all. I’ve been keeping it mainly to see what happens when it flowers, she came out of the ground variegated and funny looking but never super stalled like most mutants do. She’s growing tall and super thin, no real smells yet.
IMG_8664.jpeg

IMG_8663.jpeg

This next pheno is leaning a little more to the Haze side if I had to guess. Narrower leaves, more delicate initial flower formations. This one has one fasciated branch. Definitely isn’t a hungry plant either, just what is in my soil mix is good enough for her and probably slightly too much.
IMG_8669.jpeg

IMG_8673.jpeg

IMG_8672.jpeg

That last shot is the fasciated head. The one before is the fasciated stem leading to it.

This last one is so far my keeper unless effects from the others tell me something different.
She’s fast to flower, fast to produce resin, super easy to grow, wants to eat without a fuss. She’s very similar to the other SPH I grew and posted indoor shots of previously in this thread that I really like (and am currently smoking all the time because it’s freaking awesome).
I’m super stoked to see how she progresses.

IMG_8667.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpeg

IMG_8665.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts