What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Panama Haze limited edition

thugpoet

Hi Dubi,

Such a gorgeous strain. Looks like the old monster phenos of Jack Herer. :love:
This strain in fact, reminds me of Jack Herer between the monster vigor, the generous spear shapped buds full of Calyxes and the Hazy lemony scent. Probably a lot better in the citrusy department with Panama terps and Panama has really high-quality energetic/social effects which I assume enhance the Haze vibes here.

As a Lemony Haze Fan, this is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks for making these available.

Would you say she is stretchier than Super Malawi Haze? The Panama is quite stretchy from what I remember and very vigorous (never ran Malawi so don't know how that compares), the NH cut also seems like a monster in that regard as expected for NH.
I see you recommend 2 weeks of veg before switching the lights to 12h of darkness, I assume that is if you don't top or tie them down.
Is it reasonable to give her a nice veg and try to tame her with heavy pruning and putting her under a screen? I was thinking like 5/6 weeks of veg and topping + scrog to fill out my grow space horizontally and let the stretch give me about 3 ft in height with 16 or so colas per plant? (that's worked for me well for the average dutch Haze hybrid or something fairly stretchy like Panama. But I've never tried my hand on something quite as extreme as this before)

How does this compare to the Panama OTH and Panama A5?
I'll have to try all 3 of your Panama Haze Hybrids, but it would be helpful if we could get a better idea of their differences.

Cactus Squatter

Love all the little variegated leaves this one throws.
EB8BA35B-2B73-4FBB-B89A-730079BCD035.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great in early flowering @Cactus Squatter Beautiful finished flowers @Mountainkush thanks for posting friends! ;)

How does this compare to the Panama OTH and Panama A5?
I'll have to try all 3 of your Panama Haze Hybrids, but it would be helpful if we could get a better idea of their differences.

Hi @thugpoet Super Panama Haze will indeed delight lovers of Dutch lemony Haze hybrids, although with better effects and stronger sativa influence than most of these due to Super Panama Haze containing Panama instead of Skunk. Easily half of the Super Panama Haze plants produce such lemony incensey terpene profiles of very potent, long lasting energetic effects.

Our catalogue offers 3 different strains, fruit of our hybridisation and refinement projects between Haze and Panama, all three use the same Panama Goddess F10 parental, in each case crossed with different Haze genetics and with differing results:
- Classic Panama Haze (Oldtimer's Haze x Panama): this is the most tropical, wild and long-flowering version, with the cleanest, most energetic and cerebral effects, with no ceiling or deterioration, and the only one that offers Purple Haze phenotypes.

- Super Panama Haze: improved version of the previous hybrid: more productive, resinous and easier to grow indoors, finishing 2-3 weeks earlier. Much denser flowers. Equally energetic, euphoric and cerebral effects, but much more potent and long-lasting, although with more ceiling and a little more deterioration.

- Last but not least, Panama A5 Haze, which is the most incensed of all, and with the potential to be equally or more potent and productive than Super Panama Haze, although it is the most irregular in phenotypes and offers by far the heaviest and most narcotic effects of the three hybrids.

OZZ_

Veteran
Looking great in early flowering @Cactus Squatter Beautiful finished flowers @Mountainkush thanks for posting friends! ;)

Hi @thugpoet Super Panama Haze will indeed delight lovers of Dutch lemony Haze hybrids, although with better effects and stronger sativa influence than most of these due to Super Panama Haze containing Panama instead of Skunk. Easily half of the Super Panama Haze plants produce such lemony incensey terpene profiles of very potent, long lasting energetic effects.

Our catalogue offers 3 different strains, fruit of our hybridisation and refinement projects between Haze and Panama, all three use the same Panama Goddess F10 parental, in each case crossed with different Haze genetics and with differing results:
- Classic Panama Haze (Oldtimer's Haze x Panama): this is the most tropical, wild and long-flowering version, with the cleanest, most energetic and cerebral effects, with no ceiling or deterioration, and the only one that offers Purple Haze phenotypes.

- Super Panama Haze: improved version of the previous hybrid: more productive, resinous and easier to grow indoors, finishing 2-3 weeks earlier. Much denser flowers. Equally energetic, euphoric and cerebral effects, but much more potent and long-lasting, although with more ceiling and a little more deterioration.

- Last but not least, Panama A5 Haze, which is the most incensed of all, and with the potential to be equally or more potent and productive than Super Panama Haze, although it is the most irregular in phenotypes and offers by far the heaviest and most narcotic effects of the three hybrids.

Well shit….. off I go to Mandala. These look amazing. 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve been hunting through a bunch of NL/haze hybrid and back crosses lately and ended up selecting a strong original haze leaner as my keeper, with a very energetic and cerebral effect…… and I’m very curious on how these would compare with the less Indica influence. I love the prospect of that.

Last edited:

thugpoet

Thanks for the details, I definitely appreciate it. I've always been a fan of the dutch lemony Haze hybrids like SSH, Jack herer even the Super Lemon Haze (my first Amsterdam experience and then first grow back when I lived in Europe).

I grew some of your Panama seeds over 10 years ago and it still is one of my favorite strains of all time. I had gotten 3 nice females out of the pack, one smelled like Lemony Vanilla/cream with a bit of hazy background, one slightly hazy strong green Lime, and a light citrus strong catpiss/hazy one like a Columbian which was more electric and cerebral. All had really good, pretty potent, and enjoyable effects too, very social, warm, and creative. I kept those 3 for a while. I think it was only like f6 or f7 at the time and I understand that you've done a lot of work to it since then.
So this seems right up my alley, been wanting to grow Nevil's Haze for a while as well.

I like that these plants have not only outstanding and unique effects and terpenes, but also they seem to be very vigorous and high yielding. The higher yield and shorter veg more than makeup for the longer flowering times compared to modern hybrids even at commercial scale. Most of the popular clones in the US are not particularly good-yielders. But despite that, you'll never find these strains at a dispensary here at least not in North CA.

So, if I understand you correctly, in terms of effects the 3 are sort of on a spectrum from coolest vibes pure Sativa lineage great daytime with OTH Panama, Super Panama Haze is close in effects but with more potency + a bit of NL influence, and A5 Panama you probably have to find the right pheno if you want a real clear Sativa high or if you just want to get destroyed A5 style with some sweet Panama influence? Does the Panama influence mellow out the narcotic side of A5 a bit in general?

Would you say Super Panama Hz has some psychedelic vibes to it, or you really have to find a unique pheno for that? I know certain phenotypes of Panama can be a bit trippy in high doses but not what I'd call really psychedelic.

Out of curiosity, is the Nevil Hz mom more potent than all of your OTH clones? Or does it just breed more true for potency?

So basically, Panama goddess reversed is the father of the feminized lines? I assume because she is way "stinkier" and has really nice terpenes?

I ordered the Super Panama Haze, going to run her alongside the Killer A5 Haze. Then I'll do the Super Malawi Haze and A5 Panama next run.
12 of these crazy Sativas in a 1 M2 x 1.8M height. Wish me luck to keep them from stretching more than 1 M after flipping.
I'm under LEDs, going to flower them under 11/13 until mid-flowering and 10/14 for maturation. I'm planning to top each of the plants multiple times so they have 8 uniform colas each (main lining). They will be in 3 Gal pots (11.4L) which I know is not recommended, but organic with amendments is really hard to pull off in a small pot with strains that like to eat.

Typically I've found that growers tend to under-veg Indica dominant strains and finish with 50-70 cm plants, so I've always tried to make sure I give proper veg time even to Sativa leaning plants, in order to utilize the full volume of my growing space and get a good yield. I just want to make sure I don't overshoot with these and regret it later.
I haven't grown in a little while now and never with this setup or genes, so I just want to make sure I have a solid plan for my grow.
I guess I'll start a thread when the seeds are potted to get input from the community.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:

Stoneroller

I'm under LEDs, going to flower them under 11/13 until mid-flowering and 10/14 for maturation. I'm planning to top each of the plants multiple times so they have 8 uniform colas each (main lining). They will be in 3 Gal pots (11.4L) which I know is not recommended, but organic with amendments is really hard to pull off in a small pot with strains that like to eat.
I would not stress 3 gal being too much when going full organic. Usually the bigger the better when relying on soil. I think there is a difference between "force feeding" the plant with Iiquids, as opposed to keeping the lunch buffet open and let the plant work for its food.

I have grown Kali China, Honduras x Panama and now growing ThaiChi and Pangi haze in 20 gallon pot with no problems. 2 plants, around 5 weeks veg, then flip to 11/13. Topping once around 5-7 nodes and then LST to grow the canopy more laterally as opposed to a moonrocket straight to the light. Topping and tying is a must, otherwise it would get messy no doubt!

You can check my results in Hon x Pan sticky, and one photo in ThaiChi also. So far so good!

thugpoet

I would not stress 3 gal being too much when going full organic. Usually the bigger the better when relying on soil. I think there is a difference between "force feeding" the plant with Iiquids, as opposed to keeping the lunch buffet open and let the plant work for its food.

I have grown Kali China, Honduras x Panama and now growing ThaiChi and Pangi haze in 20 gallon pot with no problems. 2 plants, around 5 weeks veg, then flip to 11/13. Topping once around 5-7 nodes and then LST to grow the canopy more laterally as opposed to a moonrocket straight to the light. Topping and tying is a must, otherwise it would get messy no doubt!

You can check my results in Hon x Pan sticky, and one photo in ThaiChi also. So far so good!

Well, the root mass below the ground is supposed to mirror the plant mass above the ground. So in soil with fewer plants, you need bigger pots. Small pots are good for reducing stretch which is what I was referring to. But you can't really get away with that in a supersoil grow. Especially with varieties that like a good amount of nutrients and that are going to take 100-120 days to go through the complete flowering cycle.

How is your Honduras x Panama, did you find anything exciting in there? I'll go check out your grow of it.

I am planning on doing something similar, let them grow laterally 4/5 weeks and then flip them, I'll open a thread when I pot them.

Cannamicably,

Thug :smoker:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I had intended to sprout these from a buy from my my last shopping trip to Mandala…but I think I ended up soaking a couple of the Super Malawi haze. I need to double check on things. SMH.

Last edited:

Keif Cake

Veteran
Super Panama Hazes

You can see the long flowering Christmas tree shaped Ethiopian has been put back in the tent thats in front of one of the SPH.
Im liking the structure of these a lot, not quite as out of control as the Panama Haze i ran a few times, but we will see how that ends when stretching is finished

20230515_225812.jpg
20230515_225808.jpg
20230515_225806.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the details, I definitely appreciate it. I've always been a fan of the dutch lemony Haze hybrids like SSH, Jack herer even the Super Lemon Haze (my first Amsterdam experience and then first grow back when I lived in Europe).

I grew some of your Panama seeds over 10 years ago and it still is one of my favorite strains of all time. I had gotten 3 nice females out of the pack, one smelled like Lemony Vanilla/cream with a bit of hazy background, one slightly hazy strong green Lime, and a light citrus strong catpiss/hazy one like a Columbian which was more electric and cerebral. All had really good, pretty potent, and enjoyable effects too, very social, warm, and creative. I kept those 3 for a while. I think it was only like f6 or f7 at the time and I understand that you've done a lot of work to it since then.
So this seems right up my alley, been wanting to grow Nevil's Haze for a while as well.

I like that these plants have not only outstanding and unique effects and terpenes, but also they seem to be very vigorous and high yielding. The higher yield and shorter veg more than makeup for the longer flowering times compared to modern hybrids even at commercial scale. Most of the popular clones in the US are not particularly good-yielders. But despite that, you'll never find these strains at a dispensary here at least not in North CA.

Hi @thugpoet sorry for catch up with a reply so late. A pleasure to hear you are running Super Panama Haze and Killer A5 Haze side by side ;) much appreciated.
So, if I understand you correctly, in terms of effects the 3 are sort of on a spectrum from coolest vibes pure Sativa lineage great daytime with OTH Panama, Super Panama Haze is close in effects but with more potency + a bit of NL influence, and A5 Panama you probably have to find the right pheno if you want a real clear Sativa high or if you just want to get destroyed A5 style with some sweet Panama influence? Does the Panama influence mellow out the narcotic side of A5 a bit in general?

Correct :yes:
Would you say Super Panama Hz has some psychedelic vibes to it, or you really have to find a unique pheno for that? I know certain phenotypes of Panama can be a bit trippy in high doses but not what I'd call really psychedelic.

Out of curiosity, is the Nevil Hz mom more potent than all of your OTH clones? Or does it just breed more true for potency?

So basically, Panama goddess reversed is the father of the feminized lines? I assume because she is way "stinkier" and has really nice terpenes?

Glad to know you are a bit familiarized with straight Panama, so you can appreciate better her influence when crossed with Nevil Haze hybrids. Panama Goddess F10 is a very high yielding Panama mother, very resinous, of high flower/leaf ratio, very refined vanilla, lemon, incense terpene profile, musky, floral too. Potent prime quality cerebral-dreamy-psychedelic Central American sativa effects. She is basically our Panama elite mother (for non red stony types), and the one we more frequently use for straight Panama seed production (regular and fem), and Panama hybrids too.

Oldtimer's Haze never has the raw potency of selected Nevil's Haze mother. Nevil's Haze is obviously much more potent and longer lasting in effects and contains much more % of THC than Oldtimer's Haze, works well indoors (although requires experience), and is long flowering but not ethernal. On ther other side, Oldtimer's Haze is a very difficult genetics to flower indoors and take forever to finish.

Take in consideration, Oldtimer's Haze is an inbred, untouched extreme tropical sativa without of trace of indica, while Nevil's Haze hybrids are Sam's Haze crossed with NL #5, a very heavy indica and a very different cultivar, so Nevil's Haze hybrids have lots of heterosis (vigor, to reach higher peaks, also in cannabinoid production). But the more or less NL #5 content in Nevil's Haze hybrids makes their effects super strong, but also dirtier, stoney, reaching easily ceiling and they tend to have a dark vibe .... a Haze hybrid with too much NL or Skunk has a strong high, but usually ugly for most purest sativa lovers.

Oldtimer's Haze effects (especially green phenos) are totally cerebral, non ceiling, without a trace of the indica intoxicating side, so from a sativa lover point of view Oldtimer's Haze or Original Haze is a much better smoke to have than Haze crossed with a narcotic indica.

Did you already start you new batch of ACE genetics ? :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Pleased to meet also your Super Panama Haze girls @Keif Cake :) All 3 girls look pretty uniform.
Sure, it's a very vigorous sativa dom hybrid and can get easily out of control from seed.
Saw you pruned their apical stem. Are they into flowering ?

Keif Cake

Veteran
Pleased to meet also your Super Panama Haze girls @Keif Cake :) All 3 girls look pretty uniform.
Sure, it's a very vigorous sativa dom hybrid and can get easily out of control from seed.
Saw you pruned their apical stem. Are they into flowering ?
I did remove the very tip to control the crazy growth, and only one looks like it will get out of control and need to back budded and or supercrop, as it is getting a good bit stretchier than the other. I am only seeing a few stigma at the moment, and they showed sex the 1st day they were put into flower, i think it has been 2 or 3 weeks since then