What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super cheese & cookies kush

G

ganjygav

There is nothing to smoke for miles. So I forced dried a few little bits to keep me going for at least today.
Anyway I put the's buds on a bit of cardboard with a small fan blowing and temp at 24c.
Little over 24hrs and it's crispy dry.
Amazingly it has retained a lot of its cheese smell with only a slight whiff of the hay smell of a force dry.
Nice high as well.
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Always within 3 weeks of bloom. Dont matter what I've tried they come by that time. Plants look perfect during the 4 weeks of veg. Fools me everytime

Blazeee

Veteran
Well I took them down yesterday. I carried one through to bathroom so I could look in bright light and they were ready.
Took all day because I have problems with concentration and sitting still.
View Image

Yield still looks average. I only did a quick trim of fan leaves and any leaf without resin. When it's dry I will give a manicure and collect trim to go with popcorn bud for butter (I love them cookie's)

Anyway I hate harvest. Hate hate hate it.
Looking at stuff to speed it up. Are these any good does anyone know. Or will it ruin my buds trimming them and removing stalk while wet?
View Image

My mates got one of those spin trim machines, he stopped using it around a year ago after i told him to start hand trimming shit and started giving him in a hand. Hes running 2 8x8's and 1 4x8 tent in flower and the only time he needs to use that machine now is for the larf, he hasnt cleaned the bowl since he bought it and the amount of resin stuck to that thing is unreal.

For the tent youve got i wouldnt bother buying that and just stick to handtriming, even with the machine it doesnt give a perfect trim, you will still have to go over it again with some scissors.

Also get a decent set of scissors with springs if you havent already got some. When i started growing i must have used those regular scissors for over 2 years because i couldnt justify spending £12 on a pair of scissors with springs :laughing: My hands used to kill after trimming, springs make all the difference, have a look at your local grow shop for a set of Chikamasa scissors, i bought them because i saw other members on here talking about then and i found that they are easier to use than those other scissors with the green handles that they sell. Also make sure to scrape the resin off the blades regularly then clean the blades with some ISO to stop them getting all gunked up, hopefully that should help speed things up.

G

ganjygav

My mates got one of those spin trim machines, he stopped using it around a year ago after i told him to start hand trimming shit and started giving him in a hand. Hes running 2 8x8's and 1 4x8 tent in flower and the only time he needs to use that machine now is for the larf, he hasnt cleaned the bowl since he bought it and the amount of resin stuck to that thing is unreal.

For the tent youve got i wouldnt bother buying that and just stick to handtriming, even with the machine it doesnt give a perfect trim, you will still have to go over it again with some scissors.

Also get a decent set of scissors with springs if you havent already got some. When i started growing i must have used those regular scissors for over 2 years because i couldnt justify spending £12 on a pair of scissors with springs :laughing: My hands used to kill after trimming, springs make all the difference, have a look at your local grow shop for a set of Chikamasa scissors, i bought them because i saw other members on here talking about then and i found that they are easier to use than those other scissors with the green handles that they sell. Also make sure to scrape the resin off the blades regularly then clean the blades with some ISO to stop them getting all gunked up, hopefully that should help speed things up.

Yeah I'm not gonna bother with the machine. I have a couple of pair of topiary trimming shears with the springs. I used to get sore fingers with nomal scissors.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

Have been using Fiscars Micro-tip scissors like these: https://www.pandora.com/station/play/2012730227442029459
for the hand job, yes it sucks.. I bought an el cheapo table trimmer for next harvest and have been told that dipping the stem/branch/cola in water before trimming will help keep blades from gumming up.. haven't tried it yet and am not real optimistic about the outcome of the new trimmer but it make sense to me..

G

ganjygav

Well final weight was 10 oz 16gs of primo stinky cheese and about 2 Oz of popcorn. Not bad but didn't do as good as some of the local legends I've heard about this clone.
What came off is good stuff. It stinks a room out when I open the tub. It looks pretty Damn decent and smokes smooth.
picture.php

Next project came today. Im taking a break from clones. The biobizz soil and base nutes came today just waiting on the fish mix,root juice and bioheaven then I'm starting over from seed..... I've gone all fruity
picture.php