What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super cheese & cookies kush

G

ganjygav

Day 49

Day 49

They should be done in another week apparently but Im not sure. I've started the flush either way.
They're super sticky and it looks like I'm gonna have some nice trim and popcorn for making butter with.

So some burnt tips but for past few weeks I've gone heavy on the feed. I was feeding full strength every watering and I was watering every day.
The plants greened back up and the buds are looking great, so if the only negative to doing it like that is burnt tips of leaves then so be it.
This is the way I started growing. Water and feed every day, no run off and no ph adjusting. Simple
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Oh yeah I also just picked the 2nd lot of mushrooms from that kit tonight. Only got 90gs this time and I will probably get less next time as the nutrients get used up with each flush. Put them in fridge for now and I will decide what to do with them tomorrow.

Last edited:
G

ganjygav

Yeah I'm pleased but they don't look to be great yielders.
Looks quality though. I'm not sure about that plant in the back right corner. I don't if it is the cheese. I thought they were all cheese a few weeks back but it's half the size of the others and looks to have yielded a lot less.
The tent stinks of cheese and it's hard to smell anything else. I don't like moving the plants at moment because they're all floppy, so I'm just gonna have to wait until harvest to find out.

G

ganjygav

Day 56

Day 56

They're getting close maybe another week.
When I open my tent it smells like cheese but I swear when I sniff buds close to me nose I can smell fruit like pineapple.
The smell stays in my nostrils for a while after probably because I've got the resin on my moustache or nose.

Photos are pants because I didn't get in until after light came on. They're starting to yellow up with the flush and most of the heads are cloudy. I like to see a few amber.
picture.php
picture.php

superx

Veteran
Is nice to reach the finish line, (light at the end of the tunnel)

Looks tasty in there, enjoy.....

G

ganjygav

Is nice to reach the finish line, (light at the end of the tunnel)

Looks tasty in there, enjoy.....

Oh yes it is. I've gotta better with waiting now lol.
Grows don't seen to take that long now. when I first started growing it really did my head in. It felt like forever waiting for harvest. I used to be in and out of my grow tent every half hour. I was obsessed.

G

ganjygav

Hey ganjygav your grow looks amazing them buds look great..

Cheers fella.
These were the plants I topped 4 times I told you about.
Lots of smaller buds.
Next grow is from seed, I will not be training or topping. I want some fat buds next

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I have a cheese cut which is most likely of Big Buddha origin. From a stem rub in veg I get a sort of strong musty cheese smell with a fruity background. When the flowers are done a stem rub gives me a smell of overripe blue cheese, exactly like the real thing. But the buds don't have the same smell, more fruity and sweet n sour, not all that strong!

G

ganjygav

I have a cheese cut which is most likely of Big Buddha origin. From a stem rub in veg I get a sort of strong musty cheese smell with a fruity background. When the flowers are done a stem rub gives me a smell of overripe blue cheese, exactly like the real thing. But the buds don't have the same smell, more fruity and sweet n sour, not all that strong!

Ya that's what I'm getting. Tent stinks of cheese. Get up close to the flowers and I can smell fruit. Not berry but something tropical like pineapple.
I've read about people growing pineapple strains and getting cheese smells

A

AmaAlza

Oh yes it is. I've gotta better with waiting now lol.
Grows don't seen to take that long now. when I first started growing it really did my head in. It felt like forever waiting for harvest. I used to be in and out of my grow tent every half hour. I was obsessed.

I am the same I only got cpl of seedlings.
And I keep going in tent for a look lol
It's going to be a long journey for me

G

ganjygav

Harvest day 60

Harvest day 60

Well I took them down yesterday. I carried one through to bathroom so I could look in bright light and they were ready.
Took all day because I have problems with concentration and sitting still.
picture.php

Yield still looks average. I only did a quick trim of fan leaves and any leaf without resin. When it's dry I will give a manicure and collect trim to go with popcorn bud for butter (I love them cookie's)

Anyway I hate harvest. Hate hate hate it.
Looking at stuff to speed it up. Are these any good does anyone know. Or will it ruin my buds trimming them and removing stalk while wet?
picture.php

superx

Veteran
Happy dayz,

I would avoid the spin pro, i can understand maybe having a field full of the
stuff and the want to use one. Once you get a start on it with the scissors then it will not seem that daunting, make a few fat ones for yourself b4 hand.

The final product will also be much superior by hand (it wont lose as much resin and will have nice bag appeal)

I fucking hate trimming as well, i get herself to help me. Considering she smokes a good chunk of it i think its only fair.

G

ganjygav

Happy dayz,

I would avoid the spin pro, i can understand maybe having a field full of the
stuff and the want to use one. Once you get a start on it with the scissors then it will not seem that daunting, make a few fat ones for yourself b4 hand.

The final product will also be much superior by hand (it wont lose as much resin and will have nice bag appeal)

I fucking hate trimming as well, i get herself to help me. Considering she smokes a good chunk of it i think its only fair.

Ya I was thinking it looks a bit rough on the buds. I was more concerned about buds loosing smell and taste by being taken off stalks at harvest. I've never done that because I heard they dry too quick and smell like hay but that could just be another thing I've read and it's not true but Im still scared to try.

It takes me well over an hour for each plant. I can't express enough how hard I find it to stick to a task that bores me. It's almost as if it causes me pain.
I had a brain injury some years back and this is just one of the after effects I have had to learn to live with. Along with quick anger and anxiety.

The woman does try to help but she has a condition that causes her pain in the limbs and back. (Main reason I grow).

Does not help this was a very leafy strain I suppose

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Those spinners work well. I couldn't imagine using it on indoor. No bag appeal after going thru that. Outdoor buds that aren't as pretty as indoor buds and you have pounds and pounds to trim, yeah go for it. You won't lose all the smell, but enough to notice the difference compared to hand trimmed.

You can't have cola's using those either. They will break down buds to their smallest "true cola". Don't use the lawnmower type blade either. You'll be chopping the smaller pieces into nothing and losing material that could go out the door. Use the wire blade attachment.

G

ganjygav

Those spinners work well. I couldn't imagine using it on indoor. No bag appeal after going thru that. Outdoor buds that aren't as pretty as indoor buds and you have pounds and pounds to trim, yeah go for it. You won't lose all the smell, but enough to notice the difference compared to hand trimmed.

You can't have cola's using those either. They will break down buds to their smallest "true cola". Don't use the lawnmower type blade either. You'll be chopping the smaller pieces into nothing and losing material that could go out the door. Use the wire blade attachment.

Well I only ever grow 3 or 4 indoors and I think I've heard enough now to put me off buying one.
Will just have to keep going the way I do. I take half a plant then I take a break then carry on like that it takes all day but I get it done.

Latest posts

Latest posts