What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sunnydog's 2000w Verticle,Organic,Auto-watered, SOG Tent!

Norrath

horray!

i have copied your set up sunnydog! Except a bit smaller, 4x4 dr120 with 2 400w cooltubed..ill continue to be subscribed for your show!

Buddle

Veteran
Cool good to hear you are back Sunny :)
Will this next run be all Chronic? I have really enjoyed the thread and am thinking of trying to duplicate your setup.Makes the most sense for me.I've already got a dual bulb cool tube. Now I know what to do with it..thx a lot..peace BL

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Cool good to hear you are back Sunny :)
Will this next run be all Chronic? I have really enjoyed the thread and am thinking of trying to duplicate your setup.Makes the most sense for me.I've already got a dual bulb cool tube. Now I know what to do with it..thx a lot..peace BL
My new setup has a dual cool tube... those are super-sweet!

Lost the Chronic, :badday:

WOw, just wow, you've inspired me to start planning something like this for my tent, ive already got cool tubes running horizontally, could I just leave them that way and drop them down to the middle of the tent height wise? My fan's plenty big to pull around all the curves I think. After I typed that, I realized then Id have ducting getting in the way of the light to a degree, but I could use clear ducting inside the tent and the lost light to the sides would be made up in floorspase maybe??? Also, I could leave these rows of led bars around the sides for extra top growth. The pics are a traditional set up - I'd like to try to mimic yours - just droping the cool tubes and keeping them horizontal.

I'd love to see how you have your res set up, If, it has to be above the emiters, how does that work? I've only hand watered so the concept of a res with lines coming out of it in my spare room is a little scary.

Attachments

• DSCN1634.jpg
    DSCN1634.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN1809.jpg
    DSCN1809.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 41

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
WOw, just wow, you've inspired me to start planning something like this for my tent, ive already got cool tubes running horizontally, could I just leave them that way and drop them down to the middle of the tent height wise? My fan's plenty big to pull around all the curves I think. After I typed that, I realized then Id have ducting getting in the way of the light to a degree, but I could use clear ducting inside the tent and the lost light to the sides would be made up in floorspase maybe??? Also, I could leave these rows of led bars around the sides for extra top growth. The pics are a traditional set up - I'd like to try to mimic yours - just droping the cool tubes and keeping them horizontal.

I'd love to see how you have your res set up, If, it has to be above the emiters, how does that work? I've only hand watered so the concept of a res with lines coming out of it in my spare room is a little scary.

BINGO!!!!:jump: That is how I am running my new tent....two 600's vertical, and two 400's on the top horizontal. It is my hybrid tent!
I will get a round to posting pics, I have just been very lazy!
Works AWESOME though.
BTW, reso. is on a heavy duty shelf approx. 2ft. above highest dripper.

Thanks,
SD

BINGO!!!!:jump: That is how I am running my new tent....two 600's vertical, and two 400's on the top horizontal. It is my hybrid tent!
I will get a round to posting pics, I have just been very lazy!
Works AWESOME though.
BTW, reso. is on a heavy duty shelf approx. 2ft. above highest dripper.

Thanks,
SD

Thanks for getting back at me, what I meant was, since my tent is rectangular, what about just dropping the tubes lower but still leaving them horizontal (with no reflectors.) I can actually get two more lights from a friend and do a checkerboard still having the leds up top. Does that make sense? I could do two vertical columns but the entry and exit points for ducting (i'm cooling them on a closed circuit with cool air from under the house going up into the attic) would make that kind of awckward, I could just put a y splitter on the intake and exhaust to tie the four reflectors together. Anyone done a vertical grow with the tubes horizontal?

Also, did you plumb the lines from the res or are they just hanging out?

Thanks again!

solarz

^^how can you hang a light horizontally without a reflector? Are you talking about using a cool tube or something?

^^how can you hang a light horizontally without a reflector? Are you talking about using a cool tube or something?

Yep, I just meant pulling the reflective top out of the cool tube and not using the clip on reflector. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.

clp

Hey do you think this would be possible w/o the cool tubes or would it just be too much heat at too close of a range..
What cool tubes are you using?

I'm have the exact same tent (LOVE IT) and am doing a 1000W horizontal setup right now but would love to add an additional bulb and go 2k :)

denvermmj

you said the the Tropf Blumat auto water system works just fine for 5 gallon pots, correct? im looking into getting a Tropf Blumat system for a small medical grow, 6, 5gallon pots. what system should i get for only 6 plants. Props on your grow!

InlineMax

I would get the Patio kit and you would either have 6 extra dripper cones or use 2 per pot and be sure that your plants have water. I would opt for the latter.

mrktwiz

sunny d;

Nice job buddy, I;m also running a 2K stadium grow, but w/o the 400's BUT your giving me idea's LOL.....I'm thinking of doing duel 600
s in a cool tube in my 4 x 4 veg tent and just buy clones cuz I know some many peeps who have great genetics where I live.

Keep up the good work Broheim!

t33to

Yea, none of your links worked, but I went and googled up how the Blumat system works. I think I understand it. The ceramic cone that dips into the soil doesn't actually release water does it? rather it permits water to pass through it up into that little tiny tube that emits feed to the plant?

How much does one blumat watering-head (for lack of a better name) cost? I think if I put 50 in one room it might be really crazy with tubes and shit everywhere.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
i really like this whole set up, id like to get a working link on the water sprinkler things your raving about

i need blumats or wicks,need a way to make watering faster

I just read through the whole thread and not a single Tropf Blumat link works. Killer grow, just no live links. Looks like we need a few new ones posted. . .

Short & sweet YouTube demo of the Blumat in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWPLr0Selh8

Looks to be the manufacturer's site:
http://www.blumat.at/

Yea, none of your links worked, but I went and googled up how the Blumat system works. I think I understand it. The ceramic cone that dips into the soil doesn't actually release water does it? rather it permits water to pass through it up into that little tiny tube that emits feed to the plant?

How much does one blumat watering-head (for lack of a better name) cost? I think if I put 50 in one room it might be really crazy with tubes and shit everywhere.

See the Blumat thread....
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=111046