What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sunnydog's 2000w Verticle,Organic,Auto-watered, SOG Tent!

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran

Just stumbled upon your thread, definately tagged in now.

I found it looking for info on the Blumat system, which I'm hoping to use with Organics, potentially in a vertical setup, so your grow ticks multiple boxes for me.

Going to have more of a read around, but may well be back to pick your brains if that's ok..

I will do the best I can to be around, Got some other stuff to tend to.
I'll be up again in the fall.

Can I get this thread moved to the verti sub-forum???

SD

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
wow, intensive growing going on in there....
good work, looks rewarding too.
im def lurk around for round 2.

TheBEAK

Hey Sonnydog.

Impressive setup you have there:)
I'm planning a grow using Blumats, so I'd just like to hear if you found any downsides to them at all?

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Hey Sonnydog.

Impressive setup you have there:)
I'm planning a grow using Blumats, so I'd just like to hear if you found any downsides to them at all?

They can on rare occasion get stuck on for a bit longer than they should.
Therefore, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using a black nursery type tray under the pots, to catch any excess.( a battery powered wet and dry is real handy,too)
Larger pots, 3gal and up, appear to be much less affected by this issue.

SD:joint:

S

silent_lemon

hey sunnydog, love the grow youve accomplished, looks really good! I was wondering if you think you could achieve more with bigger pots still? you were saying earlier in your thread 5 gal pots?
hows your tent doing?

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
hey sunnydog, love the grow youve accomplished, looks really good! I was wondering if you think you could achieve more with bigger pots still? you were saying earlier in your thread 5 gal pots?
hows your tent doing?

I think 3s are all that is needed. Not up yet this season.

SD:joint:

bostrom155

Hello Sunny, very nice job on the vert grow. I was wondering if your cool tubes were "bake a round" or not. they look bigger than the bakes.

labtec

Sunnydog where's the shots of the new setup. You were a huge inspiration for my grow chambers. Looking forward to seeing whats next.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Thanks for the heads up on the Blumats, these are perfect for my needs. I'm tired of hand watering all my plants.. score. And never have to worry about my plants when on extended vacation, nice. I was going to do a drip hydro set up but this is way better because my plants could survive a prolonged power outage with little maintenance.

Your plant leaves are drooping down though, is it overwatering them?

I have 8 quarts perlite and 8 quarts vermiculite (1 bag of each basically) to 3 cubic ft soil plus kelp/greensand/bonemeal amendments, and now my leaves won't droop, the lowest they go is level after soaking/misting them, otherwise they have those "praise the light" upreaching leaves. I just started using vermiculite and though I hate how messy it is I love the results.

I like your use of mylar foam and terracing, and horizontal lighting.. veddy nice.

rootfingers

Sweet. looks like i found this thread just in time! Good to see you are back sunnydog, I just finished reading your awesome thread you then you post! Best of luck on the next round I'll be tuning in for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts