What's new

sugabear's den

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Yo still lookin good over there Sugabear! I have some lovely blue sativas this year, but the BT's were a dissapointment, I may try a few more next year, that girl was a bitch to clone too. Keep having fun man.
H

sugabear_II

Veteran
greenfelix said:
So this depends on being able to build a stealth exhaust system. Could you please tell me more about the can filter? Is it a tube filled with carbon, which you push air through one end and the clean air comes out the other? Can it sit vertically or does it have to be horizontal? Do you think it could work with a 50CFM fan pushing air in one end and another 50CFM fan pulling air out the other? I ask since these smaller fans are quiet enough (17-18dbA) that they could be shrugged off as computer noise.

The filter I use on my 150 cabinet is a professionally made can CF 2600 filter and I pushed through it with a 134cfm dayton blower. The filter can be either pulled through or pushed through. I bought it at a hydro store like for $50 usd and IMHO it was worth every cent.

http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=CF0062

They also make a can CF 705 filter which is cheaper and even smaller and would probably work well for a micro grow with some 50cfm fans.

http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=CF0067

As heady pointed out there are several threads here on icmag that show you how to build your own filter from commonly available materials. I even wrote one on how to build a filter with net pots that I made for a drying box and it worked well. These filters when constructed properly work well but it is easier to buy one (at least for me as there are a couple hydro shops not too far away) and that's what I did for bigger applications.

I would not try to do a fan pushing at one end and another pulling on the other end. It will be quieter if you push into the filter as the filter distributes the air reducing the wooshing sound.

maybe have two 50cfm fans pushing into the filter side by side.

LEMON said:
Female seeds would be oh so very convenient, I must admit. I'm actually currently trying to think how I'm going to manage this with non feminized seeds since I need to start training them into my scrog before I'll know thier sex. Even if I did start training the plants that turned out to be male and then pick them out of the screen afterward, it would be really difficult to repot the remaining females into larger pots once they are in the screen (I'd have to veg in smaller pots to create sufficient room for the required number of unsexed plants to get the number of girls I want. Oh so many things to worry about, heh.

What do I like in a buzz? All in the head! Theres no such thing as too racy for me, And I've never experienced paranoia. I also hate feeling tired after smoking. I actually want to, at some point, attempt the rediculous and grow Hawaiian Snow (pure sativa, and 14 weeks i believe) inside a 2.5 ft cabintet, haha!

I'll check out all the strains you've mentioned so far. Thanks again for the info!

Lemon

yeah fem seeds are really nice - definetly check out seedbay as they've got many more femaleseeds varieties than seedboutique does right now - maybe try out cinnamon four pack for $20 - and a four pack of skunk special for $24 might not be a bad thing to try assumming your odor control is in good shape. They also have a couple of NL crosses (sour NL x haze and NL x grapefruit) but these will be very similar to the NL x c99 you already have. They also have a 10 pack of the indoor mix for only $32 which would give you a chance to try a few different strains...

other feminized beans...

Dutch passion has some fem 5 packs - orange bud mazar and blueberry are solid performers but kinda costly at $50+ and $80+ for 5 beans.

Greenhouse has supersilverhaze 5 packs for $66 which might be a good one to try - I have a 5 pack of the strawberry haze I have yet to try...

speaking of strawberry - res seeds has double straw diesal for $40 a pack which seems like a steal - haven't tried his seeds but have yet to see a bad grow report on his stuff. No feminized stock though.

seed selection is a little lacking right now as the breeders usually do the biggest restocking in late fall early winter as people buy up lots of seed in winter/early spring for the coming outdoor season.

anyways that's about it - I'd pick up the fem seeds indoor mix and something else in the $50-70 range like the ssh - or maybe a mandala and the cinnamon instead

-suga

sugabear_II

Veteran
Haps said:
Yo still lookin good over there Sugabear! I have some lovely blue sativas this year, but the BT's were a dissapointment, I may try a few more next year, that girl was a bitch to clone too. Keep having fun man.
H

hey haps you stone fool - what blue sativa is that? I

Here's some photos of the bluethunder I ran...
dried

from clone

from seed

It's not bad bud - but not the flavor/head bomb I had hoped for - very distinct flavor like that red opium that was around for a while.

My friend ran her from clone in dirt and said it was the best plant of the bunch for him and that was up against my trainwreck and grapefruit and a burmese which he managed to kill...

anyways I still have 10 of the original 12 pack of the blue thunder - maybe I should keep searching for a really bb pheno? what do you think haps?

-suga

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
The BT is worth some of your time in my opinion, you will get a couple winners in 10 beans. It is good day smoke, quality of the high is the reason I like it, not heavy. I was doing Reef's blue nepalese and he sent me some of the G13 x Blue sativa to test grow, and I used a male from the GBS on my blue neps, and the GHP. The blue sativa going into both sides of the cross worked real nice, big tasty bitches with clear highs. The GBS x GHP cross was amazing, but I lost the clone batch from it last year, so I have it on my dance card for next year's seed run. I have BT f2's, but the blue neps won out on tast and yield. Happy Buds,
H

sugabear_II

Veteran
Haps said:
The BT is worth some of your time in my opinion, you will get a couple winners in 10 beans. It is good day smoke, quality of the high is the reason I like it, not heavy. I was doing Reef's blue nepalese and he sent me some of the G13 x Blue sativa to test grow, and I used a male from the GBS on my blue neps, and the GHP. The blue sativa going into both sides of the cross worked real nice, big tasty bitches with clear highs. The GBS x GHP cross was amazing, but I lost the clone batch from it last year, so I have it on my dance card for next year's seed run. I have BT f2's, but the blue neps won out on tast and yield. Happy Buds,
H

ah that blue nepal x gbs sounds awfully lovely haps - got and pictures?

I'll take your advice and drop a few more bt's for my friend to grow out

-suga

hazy

Veteran
you sure grow some kick ass buds and with a 150.
awesome man.
so you gonna run some more BT?

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
suga
Howzit brother..??? Hope all is well over yer way.. Love the shots man great work.. ill bbl to peep some more shots... peace..

sack

rooted

suga my nuga, how's everything going man!? :wave::wave::wave:

i'm really glad to see you're having some fun :D my friend tore down and the burmese is long gone.....damn that was some incredible flavor though, one of the best IMO

B

buzzed day

wow your stuff always looks good but these ones look incredable.you take good pictures and you have some good looking plants !!! thanks for the show and have a buzzed day i know i am !!! peace

sugabear_II

Veteran
rooted said:
suga my nuga, how's everything going man!? :wave::wave::wave:

i'm really glad to see you're having some fun :D my friend tore down and the burmese is long gone.....damn that was some incredible flavor though, one of the best IMO

hey rooted - good to see you back my brotha :wave:

thanks for stopping by.

So the burmese f2s turned out good for your friend - glad to hear that. I'm sending some to another member here for use in a Deep Chunk cross. Should be good.

She's still one of my favorite flavors too. Sorry to hear you did not keep a mum around - oh well soo many strains - so little time, right?

-suga

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Haps said:
The BT is worth some of your time in my opinion, you will get a couple winners in 10 beans.
H

Hey Suga... just wanted to chime in here. I agree with Haps. I ended up with a single BT female outdoors this year. She wasn't that impressive in veg, got a tad leggy in flower, low yield, excellent smells.

She ended up HEAVILY seeded and I wasn't all that excited about her, to be honest. But once I dried everything and the BT got a decent cure, holy shit brother, it turned out to be a skull crusher. Very potent, very medicinal, narcotic. Not what I expected, but impressive for medical users. :joint:

I can only imagine how she might have turned out if she hadn't put so much energy into all those seeds. :spank:

I wish I had F1s left... pop 'em! pop 'em!

Last edited:

sugabear_II

Veteran
Dignan said:
Hey Suga... just wanted to chime in here. I agree with Haps. I ended up with a single BT female outdoors this year. She wasn't that impressive in veg, got a tad leggy in flower, low yield, excellent smells.

She ended up HEAVILY seeded and I wasn't all that excited about her, to be honest. But once I dried everything and the BT got a decent cure, holy shit brother, it turned out to be a skull crusher. Very potent, very medicinal, narcotic. Not what I expected, but impressive for medical users. :joint:

I can only imagine how she might have turned out if she hadn't put so much energy into all those seeds. :spank:

I wish I had F1s left... pop 'em! pop 'em!

nice looking shot dignan - I still have the rest of the pack (10) and will get to them some day with any luck.

The bluethunder pheno I grew was pretty good, don't get me wrong, but it's definetly not scullcrushing - very clear high - long lasting - but just doesn't give me that :bashhead: - I'm going to roll up a joint of it for after work tomorrow and give her an honest smoke report.

It was very low odor in flower - never smelt like much of anything in flower and yield was absimal

I never got to grow a good blue strain before I went on hiatus.

I started some blue mystic which a friend now has - I'm hoping to taste some of that soon.

After that maybe more blue thunder - but I got a pack of Reef's sourdiesal - the old one which was ECSD x lemony kush - really want to hit them up...

I really need like a room and a couple of lamps to just play with - and give the bud to the sick or something - too bad I don't live in Cali...

-suga

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
10099blue_thunder_day66_cola01.JPG

Hey sugabear_II, I haven't been around to see your thread been really busy. Things are looking prime my friend. Blue thunder is amazing, you have that baby dialed in..... great job man.

B/R

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Hi guys,

OB1 just transplanted to 2 gal pot last night under 20/4 lighting.......

LUIs finishing up and soon the OB1 will go into flowering and I am stoked.

So far the LUI is good, but the first bud was picked early, 66 days and didn't get a good cure, but we needed the dope to smoke. The next bud is a 72 day, with a 75 day behind it and 2 of the biggest colas hanging now after 80 days and 30% amber trichs. I feel these should be much more stony.

I like this pheno so far, not alot of smell but a nice soft fruity berry smell with some lemon skunk/hashy tones, but the yield of this plant is killa, so I hope the stone lives up.

2 other phenos are a couple weeks away from harvest.

Because these go so long I ended ferts a week early and had some leaf necrosis because of it. The other two got an extra week of fert now to compensate. I wonder if I could have gotten more out of the first had it had the extra week of flowering.....

Take care suga until next update.

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
great pictures sugarbear :D that bluethunder does look really nice. hope all is well with you and keep the great pictures coming :wave:

sugabear_II

Veteran
HeadyPete said:
Hi guys,

OB1 just transplanted to 2 gal pot last night under 20/4 lighting.......

LUIs finishing up and soon the OB1 will go into flowering and I am stoked.

So far the LUI is good, but the first bud was picked early, 66 days and didn't get a good cure, but we needed the dope to smoke. The next bud is a 72 day, with a 75 day behind it and 2 of the biggest colas hanging now after 80 days and 30% amber trichs. I feel these should be much more stony.

I like this pheno so far, not alot of smell but a nice soft fruity berry smell with some lemon skunk/hashy tones, but the yield of this plant is killa, so I hope the stone lives up.

2 other phenos are a couple weeks away from harvest.

Because these go so long I ended ferts a week early and had some leaf necrosis because of it. The other two got an extra week of fert now to compensate. I wonder if I could have gotten more out of the first had it had the extra week of flowering.....

Take care suga until next update.

Heady - thanks for stopping by and glad to hear that things are going well and the OB1 will be hitting the flower room soon - any chance of a picture?

I hope it compares decently to the LUI which I am sure is good :rasta: and you're enjoying.

Speaking of the LUI - you should really see about finding a nice male in the Dr. Atomic's NL pack you have waiting and dust down a LUI with NL - sounds like a for sure indica F1 winner to me :yes:

DimeBag65 said:
great pictures sugarbear that bluethunder does look really nice. hope all is well with you and keep the great pictures coming

DimeBag thanks for stopping by I'm going to throw up some random shots I took recently and maybe a few from the gallery that haven't been shown off here...

my stash box

opened - you can see I have a number of little jars to choose from - I replenish these from a bigger stash when they all are empty - this way I don't torch through my favorite strains first.

my little pocket stash

close up - that's a TW bud there in the top

a nice little piece of scissor hash that was smoked many moons ago...

a study in color changing forced by N depravation and flushing... on a femaleseeds grapefruit that I scrogged from seed

45 days and still being fed

52 days now - nutrients have been shut off by now

59 days

64 and the leaves have turned a nice shade of black purple

which makes the buds look so pretty

chopped the next day

dried

sugabear_II said:
Heady - thanks for stopping by and glad to hear that things are going well and the OB1 will be hitting the flower room soon - any chance of a picture?

I hope it compares decently to the LUI which I am sure is good :rasta: and you're enjoying.

Speaking of the LUI - you should really see about finding a nice male in the Dr. Atomic's NL pack you have waiting and dust down a LUI with NL - sounds like a for sure indica F1 winner to me :yes:

DimeBag thanks for stopping by I'm going to throw up some random shots I took recently and maybe a few from the gallery that haven't been shown off here...

my stash box

opened - you can see I have a number of little jars to choose from - I replenish these from a bigger stash when they all are empty - this way I don't torch through my favorite strains first.

my little pocket stash

close up - that's a TW bud there in the top

a nice little piece of scissor hash that was smoked many moons ago...

a study in color changing forced by N depravation and flushing... on a femaleseeds grapefruit that I scrogged from seed

45 days and still being fed

52 days now - nutrients have been shut off by now

59 days

64 and the leaves have turned a nice shade of black purple

which makes the buds look so pretty

chopped the next day

dried

You must be medicated 24/7,I know I would be if I had all those tasty looking buds.

sugabear_II

Veteran
igrowdadankest said:
You must be medicated 24/7,I know I would be if I had all those tasty looking buds.

Pretty much 24/7....

Hey Diginan - There's some Blue Thunder up on Seedbay right now...

Latest posts

Latest posts