What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sugabear's den

ElGato

Veteran
damn suga.....very impressive

mmm hmm....you've been doing your homework and its a payin off :)
great yob maing

El

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Ha ha Toilet Hydro!

Thanks for the info. I am so stoked to see these done.

Turns out after topdressing I discovered that one (possibly more) of the OB1 cuts did not root and was only sticking in the peat pellet loosely. I tamper them all down, placed ziploc bag ghetto humidity domes over them, and prayed to the high ones. They don't look like they are deteriorating, so I have high hopes. I think they will pull through, but damn they are stubborn little non-rooters.

BTW, you were asking about coco, my mix is looking oh so good, light, fluffy and chock full of goodness. We'll see how it performs after it has cooked.

The 5kg cocobrick is so convenient. 1 brick did 2 80-plus liter rubbermaids, and when the rest of the mix was added, filled the 2 bins perfectly. No 50kg bags of soil!

My recipe:

Half of 5kg brick of coco - presoaked in plain water (must cut brick with power saw)
10 L of perlite
10 L worm casting
100 mg (approx) of dried kelp
100 mg (approx) dolomite lime
approx 1/3 of a 5L bag of BioBizz dry PreMix

Mix thoroughly, turn daily, cook for two weeks. Smells like heaven!

Last edited:

sugabear_II

Veteran
damn I'm bummed about the cloning difficulties with this strain you and bonsai are experiencing.. I know the o90 was a bitch to clone but I still managed a 60% success rate. I would suggest that when it comes time to clone the ones you have you consider doing it after flowering has been initiated during the stretch - I've always found cloning at this point was a good idea as the shoots created on the lower portion of the plant tend to be less woody and therefore easier to root. ...

so let's see where was I - oh yeah - dry bud shots of the indica pheno which leads me to the smoke report.

so after some time I decided to re-trim the buds you saw above and use the trim for hash making - It was weird I went through a stage where I thought - well I'll leave the small bud leaves on cause I may one day be dry and wishing I had them to smoke - but then I decided that I prefered to smoke the hash instead of the leaves so I retrimmed some...

anyways so these were from the first round after at least 6 months cure

and a few shots from the clone round

initially when I smoked this bud I tasted dried fruit, specifically pineapple and some mango - but mainly pineapple. After some curing I really can taste more complexities - I taste the pineapple still - but also more hashy flavors as well as some old fashioned dankness. When I smoke the burmese pure and the oregon90 and then the ob1 indica pheno I can pick out the components that came from each parent - it is a nice mix of the two, hashy, fruity, and a little exotic floral smells all present.

So the smoke is a real nice mix of body and head. Not a smack you in the face high but a bit of a creeper stone with some very good legs (length of high). I find the smoke is ideal evening or afternoon smoke - it doesn't put you to sleep but it also wouldn't be a good way to start the day. So immediatly after smoking I notice a bit of a buzz - slightly mellow in the body - the mellow ness in the body continues to build over the next 10-20 minutes and then 20-30 minutes later is when I really feel it kick the heady portion in and I'm usually like "damn I'm fucking stoned" - it's got that strong stoney feeling at this point, heavy eyes, good pain relief, and euphoric slightly confused in the head. This feeling lasts for a good 3 hours if not longer which is really great.

So I did gift a bit to JJDubz and here is what he had to say.... with his permission of course

JJDubz said:
...OB1

Appearance wise the nugs look nice medium shades of green, definetly frosty, moreso apparent when broken up..somewhat decieving though!

The smell was not too overpowering - I was getting a few hints of fruityness from the burmese, but the O really adds some earthy/hashy undertones.

Taste was really interesting - had a very hashy earthy taste, nice hints of spice, and quite expansive...most impressive was how smooth it was, definetly flushed and cured very well.

The High was the best part of this strain, starts off mild, really creeps up on ya, starts to get a strong spacey feeling in the head, with a mild body buzz, which then totally relaxed my back...The high continues to build, and comes on quite strong even 30 minutes after take off...its quite a nice hybrid as it has a strong head buzz, behind the eyes, as well as nice mild body effect. A superb med strain in my books, put me to sleep 1.5 hours after consumption, woke up feeling very well rested. Great stuff.

JJ

-suga

p.s. next up will be the rest of the story on the sativa pheno and then a few pictures from other people's grows of this strain...

Last edited:
B

buzzed day

hello sugabear,your grows are vantastic !!! both on here and og.i have always thought you were the best scrogger i have seen,no offence to anyone else but you do a hell of a job thanks for the show and have a buzzed day!!!!! peace

Last edited:

sugabear_II

Veteran
OB1 sativa pheno

OB1 sativa pheno

Ok - so the 12 week pheno which when we last left off and finished the indica story was around 52 days in and really quite airy - I topped it mistakenly at 4 weeks into 12/12...

so here's full plant 52 days in - I really was caught by suprise by this one and did not take a clone and still curse myself for it :cuss:

I think I stopped feeding around now

and then at 65 days I noticed she was begginning to really fill in

and a faint smell of bannanna and lightly fruity flavor became apparent - but very much a low odor plant.

by 73 days I realized my mistake and how special she was becoming

by 80 days she had turned her leaves all purple and such (over 4 weeks into flush now) and was just really pretty - I took many pictures trying to convey her beauty - temps did not cause the change in color - purely flushing and genetics

81 days

harvest at 83 days

the whole plant - yield was very good as can be expected for the size and flowering time of this beast

Just the big colas :D

sugabear_II

Veteran
so let's see that was the grow of her and now the dry buds

it was sad to have to cut some of these big colas up to get them into the jars - but I managed

so the smell once cured was immediatly dank - fruity puke is for sure it - reminds me of the smell on the bus in elementary school when somebody puked and the bus driver put down that cat liter type stuff to absorb it but it kinda had a strawberry fruity flavor too.

when broken up it is very pungent and continues the fruity dank flavors

People notice when they're smoking this and say it tastes really good or just "wow"

I've only shared it with a few folks - once at a wedding with a group of 5 heads and all were trashed from a joint less than the size of a cig - one person had trouble communicating and another was like "I'm super high"

Also smoked some with my budy who has taken over the cabinets and he was at first doubtful that anything was worth a 12 week wait (sees things more commercially than I do) but after 2 hits off the pipe he put it down and was like I don't need any more.

So yeah it's my favorite weed I have grown and smoked

always the first jar emptied - I'm out right now until I smoke the rest of the other jars :( that are open

so the high is very much in your face - damn I'm wasted high - people drop out mid way through the joint - you find yourself putting the bowl down after two hits - kinda thing - then it's up at a nice steady pace for a good half hour - very visual and also good legs keeping you high for a while.

that's it for tonight

but before I go - some grow thoughts....

bushy with side growth = indica - 8-9 weeks
poley with no side growth = sativa 12 weeks

huh? yeah I know but you'll see when I post the other pictures from other growers that these are the two traits of the two phenos and both grows mine and anothers that I have seen finished had at least one sativa pheno and both times it had this pole like growth - wider spread leaves - etc.

Also like the burmese I found both phenos to need a good bit of MG in the form of epsom salts during first half or so of flower.

Medium feeder - vigorous grower thanks to f1 nature.

stretch up to 3+x from sativa pheno and 2x from indica

-suga

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Beautiful girls S, your skills show through the entire show, thanks for posting the review.
H

sugabear_II

Veteran
and next my friends outdoor

and next my friends outdoor

thanks haps - I appreciate your words as you were one of my inspirations years back to start working with reef's strains and also go hydro... how's your bluethunder resurection project going?

so this is my friend mari's outdoor grow of two plants - both of which turned female - spoiler alert - he had to cut short at 6 weeks flower for security reasons (he's a cali med patient but had some other worries...)

so seedlings

I can't really tell them apart here

a little later I'm pretty sure sativa is on the left and indie on the right

so now they went outside in the ground - immediatly I see this to be the sativa

and this is the indica

at 4 weeks old
sativa

indica - got topped

shortly after this point flowering began (this was fall outdoor - too hot in summer - warm enough all year round to do an outdoor fall and spring grow - must be nice

sativa

topped indica

and then a couple weeks (about 4-5 weeks into flower) later sativa pheno

indica

and that's it unfortunately he had to chop around 6 weeks - but reported back that even at 6 weeks the ounce or so he got was still very heady and potent for 6 weeks.

He's got more seeds and will try them again this fall he said - I can't wait :jump:

Last edited:

sugabear_II

Veteran
and next we have my 150 club friend Bulénath

and next we have my 150 club friend Bulénath

ok I'm just going to repost Bulénath's post from the 150 club thread and maybe add some narratives later - haven't seen him around and never got a report on his 12 week pheno - but again it was distinguished by a lack of side branching.

Bulénath said:
Sugabear this one is for you!

Sorry I been away for a few weeks.

Turns out that the alleged stativa pheno #2, the same one that was finishing first, is the best producer yet! She is a perfect hybrid with the most dominant Indica traits of all OB1 seeds recieved. Although she was more "branchy" and streched more than the alleged Indica Pheno, her nugs are rock solid and quickest to harvest. In onther words, this pheno really is the Indica Pheno I been waiting for!

I harvested her on day 71 flower, after a 1 week flush. She has the dankest, rock solid, nicest-strcutured flowers I have ever grown. She is the one of the best smokes I ever had.
For this reason she will be replacing my old, 270+ day mother of the Nuclear Cloud sister Pheno, the C-Dub strain. She will be the sole plant that I hope to grow from now on. She is my golden cup of Canabis and a hybrid of your expertise.
Here is the story you have been waiting for...

On March 31st I harvested this Pheno #2 of Sugabear's OB1 hybrid:

And at day one cure (April 5th). It dried the fasted of all weed I ever dried, which is wierd because it is the most dense weed I ever harvested.
She Yeilded 38-40 grams for a single 1 gallon pot! The weed is so dank, that on day 5 of being dried, full on stoner/ weed-seller paid $240 for a half oz without any cure. It is THATgood of a smoke. Fucking potent shit mang. (p.s. im not a dealer, Im just a poor car-less student who cant refuse a good deal)

Then on April 4th, Stativa pheno #1 turned out to be more Indica like the above Pheno, but she took a little longer, and is starting to dry/cure into an almost indentical product of the above pheno.

Here are my three OB1 clones that still vegging under my 150HPS.
The brown pot has my Golden Pheno, and the other two is the above Pheno, which I dont plant to save. (I have enough room for one mom only)

And the eldest OB1 clones at day 36 Veg.
One is the last and final pheno that I dont plan on saving (which is the allegeed Indica pheno that wasn't branchy, yet turned out to have stativa like buds, and is still flowering!).
The other is going to be the new mom!!

Here is the alleged Indica Pheno that was not "branchy" and had a very Indica structure. Yet, her flowers remain fluffly to the touch, and it seems she will not produce much at all. Here she is at day 71, about ten days ago.

Here is the 237 day old mother plant that I have been holding on to. She is the C-Dub strain and will be flowered soon so I can use her pot for the OB1 Pheno I plan to keep.

And her product cured at 3-4 weeks old.

and then
Bulénath said:
Suga,
Looks like I do have that "12 week pheno". It's disguised as a Indica, but it's definately the twelve week pheno! Here she is at day 80, being fed pure tap water for 15 days straight. I didnt know she would flower this long, and would have fertilized a bit longer. Though she will be ready soon, so hopefully over 15 days of pure h20 will produce some really clean smoke...

Here is the newly named OB1 Indica #1, since she is rock hardest and finished first. She is also the sole keeper strain, so It's only right that she is named #1. This is at 4-5 days cure, and ten grams:

Here is the newly named and soon to be flowered for the last time: Indica #2, since she finished second, and is predominantly Indica although with Stativa-like traits similar to that of Indica #1. These buds are about 5 days old and still drying, though will be jarred probably tomorow.

#1 has been cured for four days, and #2 has yet to be cured. This makes a difference, but i doubt it has much to do with the noticeable difference in appearance when compared. Rather, the difference is most likely from the Pheno difference.

Well I just took two bowls full of the Indica #2 for the first time, while typing this. The buds are definately much more fluffly that Indica #1. It burns faster, feels lighter, smells weaker, looks just as dank though. I dont think #2 is as potent as #1. And I doubt #3 is going to top any of them.

Lets just pray that the clones taken from Indica #1 adult vegging in the flower pot/cab, and the Indica #1 in the CFL cabinet will all survive!
I also pray that the Indica #1 in the CFL cab becomes a suitable mother...

Oh yeah, and since we are flowering the current C-dub/ Nuclear Cloud sister mother, we shall see once and for all what the purple clones really were....
This is becaus shes going in the five gallon pot, and in the big, black cabinet.
Nuclear cloud style baby.

Last edited:

sugabear_II

Veteran
some pics from his veg of these - he started 5 and got 3 females

Bulénath said:
Heres the OB1's at day 19 veg. This is Sugabear's strain thats Oregon 90 X Burmesse pure. They will be flowered soon. All seeds germinated and sprouted! Their size and progress is almost euqal.

I noticed they all have fat leaves, fatter than the stativa I am growing. But there are different traits among them. One is very squat but has very pointed, well defined leaves, the 4 others look more uniform.

Bulénath said:
OB1 babies were transplanted into these 1ish gallon pots yesterday. They went for 26 days of veg under the 19w CFLs, because my new florlaux's light bulb burned out after ONE MONTH of use. And the flowering begins :woohoo:

At day 22 each one started to show some kind of yellowing problem on the fan leaves attached to the bottom two nodes. By day 26 veg, the root ball was severe on all five. Hoping this is the best idea, I broke up the edges of the rootball and then transplanted. They dont look really happy, but im sure they will bounce back.

and then begginning flower - what he's calling the indica pheno turns out to be the 12 week one if you look above...

Bulénath said:
Some of Sugabear's OB1 hybrid: Oregon90 x Burmese Pure.
Stativas on the left, Indica on the right.

I just kinda....stuff em in there...

and just a few at 45 days flowering too

Bulénath said:
Pictures are from about day 45 or so...(1 week ago)

Indica pheno on the left, stativa #1 on the right.

Indica Pheno:

Stativa Pheno #2

Stativa Pheno #1 and ready to harvest cw20 bonsai in indentical pot and under same wattage. Amazing what LST can do for a plant eh? I didnt really LST the OB1.

Stativa Pheno#1 is the best of all of em so far...

Six OB1 clones, two from each plant. The big ones are 10 days ahead of the smaller ones! The root sprouting time had much variation for the clones.

:sasmokin: Suga they stink like fermenting pineapple ganja. :sasmokin:

You werent joken about the pineapple smell... It's very Dole/Hawaii plantation style.

Last edited:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Gold, Jerry, gold!

Thx Suga!

I put ziploc bags on the other two cutz as it looks to me like they may not be winning the clone battle while the two I covered seem to be in better shape. I am giving them the tlc they need to prosper. I will let you know.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Hi Suga,

So it is looking like 3 of the 4 clones are gonna make it.

The 2 OB1s (sex unknown) are good with one really starting to pick up and grow.

1 OB1.2 (confirmed female) looks good and the other is still questionable. At least I will get a mom out of it, for sure.

These will be my pride and joy after all this special care.

Thanks again for your hard work. Hope you are well.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Whoops, got those backwards.

2 female OB1.1s doing well (one really picking up), and 1 OB1 (sex unknown) doing well and one OB1 doing okay. I think they will all make it, personally.

So not only do I have a mom, but I also have a female clone to start flowering out soon.

Yeah!

I saw Bonsai's OB1.1 girl in 12/12 last time I was around and it was starting to put on some bud.

sugabear_II

Veteran
heady that is good to hear that the known females are the ones doing well. I hope she turns out nicely for you - I smoked a bit of the indica with some friends after work today - a bowl did everyone pretty well :rasta:

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
looking forward to the pineapple.....

The first girl OB1 has officially come out of the sickie tent and is showing good new growth, great deep, even green colour and reaching up nicely to the light. I will call her mom..... the other girl looks good and strong, no new noticeable growth, but everything else looks good (sturdy, original leaves reaching up, no deterioration at all). I feel she is real close to popping some leaves.

The leaf fingers of mom are so nice and slender, quite unlike the LUI beside her. I am thinking sativa, but they differences are subtle to me from the pix. From my best guess, the sativa is straighter with little side branching and the indica is bushy with more side branch growth. Maybe I will see against the other pheno when they get going.

What is the highest wattage these have been flowered under? BG is doing it under 150, and I believe you and bulenath did them under 150. I am interested to see if the flower time comes down under 600hps.

You know, it occurred to me that I could take over your thread with this if I go on. I do not mean to fill your thread, I should have a diary, but I am really against taking and posting photos right now. Security first. I just wanted to get to the point that they are gonna make it and keep you updated. Thanks you for all the posts. They really help with the background and care, and the history and pedigree factors are really cool! Really nice to have these genetics.

Take care.

sugabear_II

Veteran
heady my friend please feel free to crash here and take over the thread as much as you'd like :yes:

Actually the ob1's started life under my 150 but flowering was under a 400 watter - and the clone run of the ob1 indica was all under the 400 watter.

I think it will like the 600 as well.

good luck and keep me updated - I'll have to give bonsai some shit for putting it into flower and not even throwing me a picture :spank:

And well just cause I feel like it I'm going to post up some pictures of some grapefruit from my last grow

and a few pictures of leaf stem buds from the burmese in that grow.

G

hey suga :wave:
as much as i love your posts and threads, i never realized OB1 was your creation, lol. what can i say? i guess im a pothead. well here's a super-late :respect: for that. your setups are inspirational bro, i hope you're plowing through those jars so you can get us some fresh bud porn, lol. :D

B

buzzed day

wow those look so good suga thanks for the show peace

Last edited: