What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SubGirls Garden

BubbasPlace

Do you recycle your dirt? You start feeding them that 20-20-20 right away? The leaves look a bit stressed. bit I’m no expert for sure. mine are still working the nutes from the soil at this stage. I’m thinking you are not using loaded soil though right?
No load, just straight pro mix. I have started saving the dirt from the last several. Not growing this summer, so thought I would get a few really big pots, load the used promix in them, set them out back and let a bunch of water wash through it, then into kiddie swimming pool to dry with slow fan blowing across it. If successful, will work up a bit more sophisticated "dirt recycler" setup

BubbasPlace

Do you recycle your dirt? You start feeding them that 20-20-20 right away? The leaves look a bit stressed. bit I’m no expert for sure. mine are still working the nutes from the soil at this stage. I’m thinking you are not using loaded soil though right?
Oh, when little clones, water, weak mix, then by second or third water it's straight up 1 teaspoon per gallon, every water. Straight tap, no ph or it will mess it up. Straight tap last couple of weeks.

I think my yields would be a little better with my "fancy" routine with Advance Nutrients stuff, but this works great, and may not be losing anything.

My grows are super simple, plants with known structure that I am looking for. On some, I haven't topped them. The LA pure Kush stops around three feet. Typical indica structure allows removing each cola bearing branch, cutting tips off the remaining fans, strip buds off by hand, after hanging couple few days, while buds still fairly wet they go into bowl trimmer, set out one night, then into Grove bags for cure. The LB x TK is about 70% humidity, coming right along.

SubGirl

420club
No load, just straight pro mix. I have started saving the dirt from the last several. Not growing this summer, so thought I would get a few really big pots, load the used promix in them, set them out back and let a bunch of water wash through it, then into kiddie swimming pool to dry with slow fan blowing across it. If successful, will work up a bit more sophisticated "dirt recycler" setup
I usually empty my old soil and perlite in my vegetable garden. I’ve had neighbors ask about the perlite. They didn’t know I grow inside. I just told them that the perlite helps the soil breath. There is no more room in my garden. I’m gonna use some of it in the “inground” plants outside but I haven’t yet re-used it but think that it’s possible for sure with the right nutrients. I also worry about bringing bugs in my tent and reusing soil is a risk to me. I hate bugs in my tent…

BubbasPlace

I usually empty my old soil and perlite in my vegetable garden. I’ve had neighbors ask about the perlite. They didn’t know I grow inside. I just told them that the perlite helps the soil breath. There is no more room in my garden. I’m gonna use some of it in the “inground” plants outside but I haven’t yet re-used it but think that it’s possible for sure with the right nutrients. I also worry about bringing bugs in my tent and reusing soil is a risk to me. I hate bugs in my tent…
Well, my plans don't have that covered, bugs...I guess I could spray it down with pyganic once dry? If it's a fail it will go into flower beds.

Been thinking (have all the parts) of doing one of gmo's hydro set ups. More utilities via chillers and heaters, but liquid would be far simpler...maybe 5 gallon bubble buckets?

It's always something.

Kimes

Not sure if it is easily available where you live, but I've found biochar to be an excellent alternative to perlite.. Have you tried it yet? ( I guess one could make it DIY too..)

Other than that, been enjoying your thread and subbed it too to get the latest updates.. Keep growing ! :LOL:

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
I’ve had neighbors ask about the perlite.
I put all my indoor media in my outside garden, 20 years ago a next door neighbor and her kid were

talking to my wife by a vegetable garden I was tilling

kid was looking at worms and found hydroton and ask his mom "why don't we had these?" showing

her round clay balls

I just kept tilling and let my wife figure it out

I put up fences so the neighbors can stay good neighbors ;)

be safe and grow weed

Dequilo

SubGirl

420club
Not sure if it is easily available where you live, but I've found biochar to be an excellent alternative to perlite.. Have you tried it yet? ( I guess one could make it DIY too..)

Other than that, been enjoying your thread and subbed it too to get the latest updates.. Keep growing ! :LOL:
I’ve never tried biochar. I’ll give it a look up. Do you or anyone you know use it?
thanks for the kind comments and visiting the garden. I’m glad you are following along. We have fun here too so feel free to join in 🥰✌️

SubGirl

420club
Well, my plans don't have that covered, bugs...I guess I could spray it down with pyganic once dry? If it's a fail it will go into flower beds.

Been thinking (have all the parts) of doing one of gmo's hydro set ups. More utilities via chillers and heaters, but liquid would be far simpler...maybe 5 gallon bubble buckets?

It's always something.
when I finish my inside grow, the pots of dirt roots and all get stored behind the shed until Mr Sub says WTF? Then I gotta find a place for it. I’m sure loaded with spider mites or other things before I would use it again

I may try GMOs hydro set up in the future. I try a little something new each grow but haven’t got near the hydro yet although it is in the back of my mind to try one day…

Kimes

I’ve never tried biochar. I’ll give it a look up. Do you or anyone you know use it?
thanks for the kind comments and visiting the garden. I’m glad you are following along. We have fun here too so feel free to join in 🥰✌️
I use it and I am sure legions of growers use it or at least have tried it.

Do check it out, there's tons of good info on internet as it gains more popularity due to increased interest in old ways and organic growing, climate change etc..

Not that I wouldn't use perlite, for my purposes vermiculite works better and bio char is superior compared to both perlite and vermiculite, depends on the need really. Plain "uncharged" biochar soaks nutrients from soil before giving them back slowly, so I either precharge them with nutrient solution or even better just mix it with moist wormpoop for a week or so before using it. They sell precharged biochar but it is pricey.

up to 1/3 of total soil mixture seems to be the upper limit to me, they recommend 10-20% though

it has millions of micropores, perfect home for beneficial microbes and fungi to make homes..

Many thanks for a warm welcome! :greenstars:

SubGirl

420club
I use it and I am sure legions of growers use it or at least have tried it.

Do check it out, there's tons of good info on internet as it gains more popularity due to increased interest in old ways and organic growing, climate change etc..

Not that I wouldn't use perlite, for my purposes vermiculite works better and bio char is superior compared to both perlite and vermiculite, depends on the need really. Plain "uncharged" biochar soaks nutrients from soil before giving them back slowly, so I either precharge them with nutrient solution or even better just mix it with moist wormpoop for a week or so before using it. They sell precharged biochar but it is pricey.

up to 1/3 of total soil mixture seems to be the upper limit to me, they recommend 10-20% though

it has millions of micropores, perfect home for beneficial microbes and fungi to make homes..

Many thanks for a warm welcome! :greenstars:
I’m reading about it now. Thanks Kimes and have a sweet day 😊

oldmaninbc

In one batch of soil mix ( Fox Farm) I added 30% perlite, when I finished the grow like always I add it to the outside garden soil. The 30% perlite was very obvious. I don't add as much anymore.

SubGirl

420club
In one batch of soil mix ( Fox Farm) I added 30% perlite, when I finished the grow like always I add it to the outside garden soil. The 30% perlite was very obvious. I don't add as much anymore.
I do about the same but haven’t changed anything. I like that mix. I found a spot in my back flowerbed I can put it

this is my garden soil 2 each 4x8 beds of it…
IMG_9877.jpeg
IMG_9879.jpeg
IMG_9878.jpeg

Last edited:

BubbasPlace

That perlite in big piles of used soil used to be probable cause for a grow op. I guess the paranoia never stops. If my recycle idea doesn't take flight, I will put it in flower beds in front of house and cover with mulch

SubGirl

420club
Took this early sample of the sweet tart plant a few days ago and gave it to Mr Sub to roll us up a couple Marley’s. This plant had a sweet smell since they began to flower. They seemed to have lost some of their smell during the drying process but the beautiful sweet taste came out first hit and stayed throughout the entire spliff. As far as the early buzz goes, at first I rated it midz but did stick with me during my very productive day so there’s that.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

the plant is still not ready even tho in the end of her 11th week. Leaves are starting to yellow out and I’m thinking about harvesting it as soon as I see just a few more amber trichromes.
this is the plant today
IMG_9909.jpeg

so the jury is still out on the buzz. For sure if it’s not strong enough for me, it will be very tasty for the silly girls I sometimes drink wine with well actually bourbon while they drink wine with that only smoke weed when we get together at my house. I usually make sissy sticks for them 😂🤣 they have a giggle fest

Finally got the tent cleaned out and the tiny new plants in their new home.
IMG_9908.jpeg

there are theee Cap Junky x Cinderella 99
and three Cap Junky Rosetta Stone

these seeds were gifted to me by @Sun&Soil after he found out I grew them and wanted to grow them again and was sorry I planted all the seeds. Thanks so much S&S (and I still won’t forget the white chocolate snowmen that came with it nor will @Boo) we still have flashbacks about those snowmen 🤪
‘the Cinderella 99 seeds practically jumped out of the seed cases but the Rosetta Stone all had to go thru me prying their little helmets off. I think they all made it thru the torture tho. Looking forward to growing them out. Stay tuned…

Latest posts

Latest posts