What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

blastfrompast

Veteran
Buddy is turning his cana-oil into capsules... He used 6 oz larf to 750ml of coconut oil from my White Widow.

Short of eating tiny tiny cookies he finds that he always over medicates....

7 hour crock pot treatment....

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Great thread. Thanks for sharing.
I have been into the edibles lately so I decided to make a batch of butter. The flush/extraction method is great and so easy. Here is the butter and water after the second extraction. Used half and flushed the rest a third time.
I added 7 grams of blue dream nugs, 7 grams of animal cookie nugs, and two tsp. of cinnimon to a half pound(two sticks) of butter. Starting off light.
View Image
View Image

nice cookies... round and perfect... I'd be embarrassed to post a pic of my cookies.. each was a different shape... BUT it sure did kick my ass...

BigJohnny

I think I fucked up my butter.... I eat a cookie and it does nothing, and the cookies are probably 3" around.

I only used 1/2 bud butter and 1/2 regular butter though.

I can taste plant in the cookies, but never feel anything....so that's actually typical for me and a cookie made with trim butter.

However I'll just get some new trim and try again WITHOUT the lecithin such as I did because I think that's where the problem is.

RB56

Veteran
nice cookies... round and perfect... I'd be embarrassed to post a pic of my cookies.. each was a different shape... BUT it sure did kick my ass...
Cookies are such a regular part of my life ow that I bought one of the mini ice cream scoop[s for cookie dough. Makes them really nice and uniform :)

paper thorn

Veteran
I still need to do a wash on the plant material to extract more butter, but I'm trying to figure out the best way squeeze out 483g of boiling hot material. Cheesecloth is a little hot on the hands.
]

put the cheesecloth full of material in a colander and squish with a glass or spoon or whatever.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
I pour the whole mess into a French press and it's rinsed perfectly.

OMG you're fucking brilliant! :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

I cannot believe I didn't think of this. A french press is the perfect tool for this job, thank you for making my life easier.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Damn we need a industrial size press. We usually make our butter in a 100l pot using about 5kg of butter and usually a kilo or more of dried popcorn buds/trim from the plants that didn't get to mature outdoors. You guys can imagine what a pain in the ass it is to squeeze the water/butter out of the plant matter. Oh and edit: actually after years of testing various cooking times/temps we have noticed that the best results potency wise is to bring the mix to boil, boil for 30mins or so and then let it simmer for just 3 to 4 hours. Don't know how you guys get more potency from cooking it for half a day but never has worked for us for some reason. Oh yes, and the butter we make is ridiculous :D diluting it with plain butter is a must to many but I love to use it as it is.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I pour the whole mess into a French press and it's rinsed perfectly.

yes, good too but ya cant squeeze it to the bottom, it might break. FP, then then the colander method.. theres always more in there..

EDIT: guess one could reboil and 're-press'.

Last edited:

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I can't take credit for the idea. It's some were here in cooking. Works great. Veg matter comes out so dry its like a hockey puck.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I am looking to strain Butter & Weed ...

I am looking to strain Butter & Weed ...

French Press, like this: http://www.target.com/p/coffee-pres...162#prodSlot=medium_1_1&tempterm=french+press

boil herb w butter in water (read thread post #1) and pour into french press when done and ... press.. kinda like a strainer.

Which has been processed with my MagicButter machine.

I'm looking for a better way to strain just butter and weed with no water.

How do you think it would do?

Can you put a lot of pressure on it?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Which has been processed with my MagicButter machine.

I'm looking for a better way to strain just butter and weed with no water.

How do you think it would do?

Can you put a lot of pressure on it?

(I learned about this here at ICMAG) a crock pot with water, that contains a, large enough, glass jar (with a top) to hold the amounts of butter/ghe & herb.

Submerge that jar to the level of the products in the jar, that holds the ghee/butter and herb. Put the crockpot on high with the top on and let it run for (I go 8 hours) whatever, strain (French press), pour into 1/2 cup containers, refrigerate, etc.. The top on the jar is to keep water from condensing on the inside of the top of the crockpots top and drippin into your mix.

yes, too much herb taste can make the edible taste funky but I no longer use the crockpot method for making butter (back to water method), as making the edible product with no taste can leade to eating more than one should because they taste too good and that could take one to 'tomorrow' when not intended or someone unsuspecting to eat and go where they have never gone before..

I've also used this method (I learned about it too, here at ICMAG) to make e-cigarette juice with vegetable glycerin.

EDIT: I have used a 'pressure' cooker to make oils and tinctures .

RB56

Veteran
I think I'm going to try simmering the weed for 10 hours in water without fat. Strain, rinse in boiling water and press the plant matter through my potato ricer to extract as much liquid as possible.

THEN introduce the fat into the strained liquid, boil for a while then cool and go through a few cleaning stages.

I'm thinking this will avoid having active ingredient laden fat trapped in the plant matter.

Anybody have any idea about how long it takes for the bonding with fat to occur at boiling?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I think I'm going to try simmering the weed for 10 hours in water without fat. Strain, rinse in boiling water and press the plant matter through my potato ricer to extract as much liquid as possible.

THEN introduce the fat into the strained liquid, boil for a while then cool and go through a few cleaning stages.

I'm thinking this will avoid having active ingredient laden fat trapped in the plant matter.

Anybody have any idea about how long it takes for the bonding with fat to occur at boiling?
THC isn't water soluble, it needs the fat to go to when boiling... if none is available ???? Idono.

EDIT: after re-reading, I'm not sure what I'm talking about (sssdh/rez)

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
All I am looking for is a method to strain my Butter

All I am looking for is a method to strain my Butter

(I learned about this here at ICMAG) a crock pot with water, that contains a, large enough, glass jar (with a top) to hold the amounts of butter/ghe & herb.

Submerge that jar to the level of the products in the jar, that holds the ghee/butter and herb. Put the crockpot on high with the top on and let it run for (I go 8 hours) whatever, strain (French press), pour into 1/2 cup containers, refrigerate, etc.. The top on the jar is to keep water from condensing on the inside of the top of the crockpots top and drippin into your mix.

yes, too much herb taste can make the edible taste funky but I no longer use the crockpot method for making butter (back to water method), as making the edible product with no taste can leade to eating more than one should because they taste too good and that could take one to 'tomorrow' when not intended or someone unsuspecting to eat and go where they have never gone before..

I've also used this method (I learned about it too, here at ICMAG) to make e-cigarette juice with vegetable glycerin.

EDIT: I have used a 'pressure' cooker to make oils and tinctures .

I have been making butter for many years, much like you suggest.

But now I have a machine which does it for me.

It's weakness is that it is hard to strain. I use chessecloth and I am looking for a better method.

I saw Greywolfs Press and I think I will look into that.

I don't know that Coffee French Press would take much abuse.

Peace :party::party: