What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I don't use water at all, just Ghee. Since I actually want to know that my cookies are not just a desert item, I don't attempt to remove all evidence of taste/color. KISS method. Cook time on the first wash is now down to 6 hours. Using the SWAG method I haven't noticed any less potency in the product. I do decarb, but only to remove all the moisture.

We've gone to a potato ricer to squeeze the butter out of the mash. French press Can/Will break... if you get a pressure point too strong. Don't like broken glass, or budder all over the counter!!!!

I also recook the mash with a second batch of fresh Ghee, to get more of the THC out of it. The second washing of the mash, is weaker than the first batch. However I've made cookies from it and found that my 'lightweight' ass still only needs 1 cookie (instead of a half), to get me to the levels I want to maintain. (The second mash wash is only 1.5-2 hours cook time however). Since the second wash is weaker than the first , you can elect to keep the two batches seperate or they can be combined if you want the strongest potency. The thing to remember is; if one is not enough eat two. lol Just as you would smoking. One hit not enough, hit it again.

We've also gone to single strain extraction to make the 'high' similar to the smoke of the same strain/ or even phenotype.

The cookie strains are now AK47, Bubblegum, Oregon Grape, and White Russian. AK47 is my favorite 'daytime' cookie. White Russian for the 'Knock out'.

Hope this helps some of you better understand edibles. They are indeed a mandatory method for me, since my lungs are torn up by tobacco, from years ago.

Just remember, it takes a while for the digestive tract to work it, and don't add more for at least 2 hours or so. (My standard TTE 'time to elevation' is 1 hour). .... Some of the mixed strain product took 2 hours to kick in however. About the time you swallowed the last of the second cookie, the restriction said 'May NOT operate heavy equipment'.

JM.02.... your mileage can/will vary!

I do NOT do stealth. Too much liability. If you don't like someone, don't waste good cookies on them. lmao

Raziel819

@ 2 Legal Co... I have a problem of my cookies tasting to good.

It's like the old lays potato chip commercial. I never can just eat just one. I'm 2 to 3 cookies in before I even finish drinking my coffee. Wait an hour and another cup of coffee and I've downed 6 more, I guess my failed attempts at making some "Stupid Potent Butter" has really been an subconscious mandate to prevent me from taking a "Journey to Ixtlan" without a guide to lead me back.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
@ 2 Legal Co... I have a problem of my cookies tasting to good.

It's like the old lays potato chip commercial. I never can just eat just one. I'm 2 to 3 cookies in before I even finish drinking my coffee. Wait an hour and another cup of coffee and I've downed 6 more, I guess my failed attempts at making some "Stupid Potent Butter" has really been an subconscious mandate to prevent me from taking a "Journey to Ixtlan" without a guide to lead me back.
2 or 3??? Wow either you've got a lot of tolerance built up.....
or the cookies are a bit weak, for some reason.

Most of mine, if ate even two I'd be waking up sometime later.

But that's alright too,,,, I guess. :laughing:

Buzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ladies and Gentlemen; We are now cruising at 35,000 feet.........

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
2 or 3??? Wow either you've got a lot of tolerance built up.....
or the cookies are a bit weak, for some reason.

Most of mine, if ate even two I'd be waking up sometime later.

But that's alright too,,,, I guess. :laughing:

Buzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ladies and Gentlemen; We are now cruising at 35,000 feet.........

well put 2legal, I was going to answer similarly but my response was sounding condescending.. one 'heavy weight' ate 3 of mine, I saw him the next day and he wanted 'no more'.

but he did say it was a failed attempt at 'stupid potent butter'.:tiphat:

Raziel819

:laughing::biggrin: 2LegalCo, Snook you guys got me going, I had 4 cookies this morning at 9am and hit about a full spiff over the course of the day/night and I'm feeling pretty pain free, sleepy and all that other jazz. But what I think is that the effect of eating these cookies is that its following its strain characteristics, critical (royal queen, afghani x skunk hybrid). I must be altered because I feel it in the way I'm typing

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FoloweD this recipie loosely used a ounce of trim for a lb of butter. DId everything eLse like OP explained. Made mini cookies with em and ate two last night. What a fun ride it was. Took about a hour and a half before it kicked in. Almost dozed of before it kicked in. But after it kicked in had a big rush of euphoria and seemed to come in waves with real heavy eye lids. Was Like a roller coaster. Would be a rush of intense and theN tapper of into a slightly calmer vibe. If I would have eaten another cookie I more than likely would have started feeling uncufortable. My whole body felt as if it was getting a light message. When I woke up this morning I felt refreshed and with no body aches whatsoever (which is very rare for me)..
Thanks for the recipe. Did not taste the weed in it much at all. Was a hint of cinnamon in the background.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
:laughing::biggrin: 2LegalCo, Snook you guys got me going, I had 4 cookies this morning at 9am and hit about a full spiff over the course of the day/night and I'm feeling pretty pain free, sleepy and all that other jazz. But what I think is that the effect of eating these cookies is that its following its strain characteristics, critical (royal queen, afghani x skunk hybrid). I must be altered because I feel it in the way I'm typing
I've noticed that I like the cookies better when they are made with dedicated strain material. I didn't think I cared previously,,, until I started segregating the trim and adding 'bud' to it.

Now I eat AK47 or Sour Diesel cookies for 'daytime', and White Russian, Bubblegum, or Oregon Grape for sleepytime.

Also I try to keep my ratios to 2oz of trim = one cup of budder.... or 1oz of Bud = 1 cup of budder. 1 cup of budder makes a batch of cookies and yield 50-60 cookies per batch.

I really did notice a difference when I quit using water during the 'cook'. I also 'recook' with a cup of Ghee. Cookies come out at about half strength.

Got my hands on some F2 Vortex seeds to pop soon. The F1 results were Impressive. thx ZZ

If you want to read a good thread on 'how to'.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=253112

Speaking of which: Think i'll eat a half strength Sour Diesel cookie. That ought to make my afternoon!....... and evening as well. lol

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've noticed that I like the cookies better when they are made with dedicated strain material. I didn't think I cared previously,,, until I started segregating the trim and adding 'bud' to it.

Now I eat AK47 or Sour Diesel cookies for 'daytime', and White Russian, Bubblegum, or Oregon Grape for sleepytime.

Also I try to keep my ratios to 2oz of trim = one cup of budder.... or 1oz of Bud = 1 cup of budder. 1 cup of budder makes a batch of cookies and yield 50-60 cookies per batch.

I really did notice a difference when I quit using water during the 'cook'. I also 'recook' with a cup of Ghee. Cookies come out at about half strength.

Got my hands on some F2 Vortex seeds to pop soon. The F1 results were Impressive. thx ZZ

If you want to read a good thread on 'how to'.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=253112

Speaking of which: Think i'll eat a half strength Sour Diesel cookie. That ought to make my afternoon!....... and evening as well. lol

Do you give out name and address tags for your victims, so they can be brought home? I'm killing people with 1oz of bud to one pound of ghee (3.5 cups). 1 cup makes 36 cookies (oatmeal) too hot for chocolate (anything) in FLA.

did the Ghee in the jar in the slow cooker..I went back to the water method.. don't know why or remember why any way.............after thinking it over, it was because I wanted some 'taste' in the cookies. for recognition to the innocent. not much, just some. either way works for me. and two a day would be inappropriate to me, blithering idiot.. and I'm not a lightweight.. well, maybe not up to your standard, 2 legal.. :tiphat:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I'm with you Snook...

I'm with you Snook...

Do you give out name and address tags for your victims, so they can be brought home? I'm killing people with 1oz of bud to one pound of ghee (3.5 cups). 1 cup makes 36 cookies (oatmeal) too hot for chocolate (anything) in FLA.

did the Ghee in the jar in the slow cooker..I went back to the water method.. don't know why or remember why any way.............after thinking it over, it was because I wanted some 'taste' in the cookies. for recognition to the innocent. not much, just some. either way works for me. and two a day would be inappropriate to me, blithering idiot.. and I'm not a lightweight.. well, maybe not up to your standard, 2 legal.. :tiphat:

I make Cookies all the time.

I use about an ounce of Bud to a pound of butter.

I use few tablespoons of Budder to a box of cookie mix and get around 24 cookies.

1 will bake a rookie, 2 will put you down.
:party:
My last batch was GingerSnaps. They really had a good taste.

I also use the MagicButter machine and Decarb first. I like to give people a good buzz

Raziel819

Well guys it looks like I should be hanging with ya'll, I'd pit my tolerance to any 2+ cookies that have been or will be cooked.

Waiting now on my next crop (Cheese Candy) to be finished then I'll do some more butter making, it should be real good for mid-day or night time use. I'm also going to make some changes in my procedures, I'm either going to decarb the shit first or do what I did on my very first time (35 yrs ago) and sift the shit to powder and add that to my cookie mix. Either way I got to get a better batch that the last couple I've made.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I'd go with making Budder

I'd go with making Budder

Well guys it looks like I should be hanging with ya'll, I'd pit my tolerance to any 2+ cookies that have been or will be cooked.

Waiting now on my next crop (Cheese Candy) to be finished then I'll do some more butter making, it should be real good for mid-day or night time use. I'm also going to make some changes in my procedures, I'm either going to decarb the shit first or do what I did on my very first time (35 yrs ago) and sift the shit to powder and add that to my cookie mix. Either way I got to get a better batch that the last couple I've made.

Once you make your first batch, you'll be ready for your next.
:party: Cannabutter is probably the best way to cook with weed.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I make Cookies all the time.

I use about an ounce of Bud to a pound of butter.

I use few tablespoons of Budder to a box of cookie mix and get around 24 cookies.

1 will bake a rookie, 2 will put you down.
My last batch was GingerSnaps. They really had a good taste.

I also use the MagicButter machine and Decarb first. I like to give people a good buzz

ginger snaps!? good idea.. next batch.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
My biggest problem is holding down the amount of Ghee that I add initially. It always seems like I don't have enough liquid until it cooks for about 15-20 minutes, then it's fine.

I'm mostly my own 'victim' so when friends participate, I know to warn them of the potency. lol Most batches I recommend 1/2 cookie, eating more after 2-2.5 hours.

I do know a couple of guys who are almost immune to THC (by my standards anyway). My lungs really Hate me when I smoke it, so I really prefer the edible result.

'Just eat it!'

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
My biggest problem is holding down the amount of Ghee that I add initially. It always seems like I don't have enough liquid until it cooks for about 15-20 minutes, then it's fine.

I'm mostly my own 'victim' so when friends participate, I know to warn them of the potency. lol Most batches I recommend 1/2 cookie, eating more after 2-2.5 hours.

I do know a couple of guys who are almost immune to THC (by my standards anyway). My lungs really Hate me when I smoke it, so I really prefer the edible result.

'Just eat it!'

If one smokes cigarettes, your lungs are already not happy (and not saying you do 2Legal). Vaporize! If your running your own shit, vaporizing will grow on you... easier on the lungs too. I find that edibles, for me, are harder to regulate.. my girl says I act differently, I'm numb so I have no idea.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Once you make your first batch, you'll be ready for your next.
:

not me.... I made my 1st batch 4+months ago... 30g of sdkush tops, and an hour later added another 2 large buds + some kif I had lying around.. added the above t0 2sticks (8oz) of butter+some cinamin... made 11cookies with 44g of the finished butter..

ate one cookie and thought I was going to die...worse thing I did to my body in 40+ years...I still have 1/2 the butter left + 2 cookies (gave the other 8 away- with a warning).. have no interest in ever eating them cookies, or using the butter...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Sounds like you've gotta work on the dosage..

Sounds like you've gotta work on the dosage..

not me.... I made my 1st batch 4+months ago... 30g of sdkush tops, and an hour later added another 2 large buds + some kif I had lying around.. added the above t0 2sticks (8oz) of butter+some cinamin... made 11cookies with 44g of the finished butter..

ate one cookie and thought I was going to die...worse thing I did to my body in 40+ years...I still have 1/2 the butter left + 2 cookies (gave the other 8 away- with a warning).. have no interest in ever eating them cookies, or using the butter...

That's why I alway test them and tell people to start slow.
You probably should have ate a 1/2 a cookie.

Sounds like you can make some good Budder.

Peace

ate one cookie and thought I was going to die...worse thing I did to my body in 40+ years...I still have 1/2 the butter left + 2 cookies (gave the other 8 away- with a warning).. have no interest in ever eating them cookies, or using the butter...[/QUOTE]

If I were you pal I'd try half or even a quarter of 1 of your mouth watering cookies.

A journey can't be stopped because of a bad trip.

Actually that sounds real pish lol but you get my drift :)
Sb

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Just got some feedback on my latest batch of GingerSnaps...

Just got some feedback on my latest batch of GingerSnaps...

I gave a friend of mine 4 GingerSnap Canna Cookies this week..

I told him 1 was good and 2 will do ya.

He called from work. "You were right", what do you mean I asked.

He said "I ate a cookie after dinner last night and started feeling it about an hour later"' then he decided to eat another.

He slept like a baby. He woke up loopy and stumbled and spilled hid coffee, twice.

He said he shouldn't take them when he needs to work the next day.
:party: He asked me to give him some more.

Hehehe.. I sure like making cookies.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
A journey can't be stopped because of a bad trip.

Actually that sounds real pish lol but you get my drift :)
Sb

I always 'used' to say, I never had weed that I couldn't function on.. 40+yrs of smoking.. well them cookies kicked my ass... n I've eaten edibles from med states b4... bad..bad trip...