What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

atk7

Militia420 try less ground material , don't make powder,, just break it up like to the consistency of leaf tea or pipe tobacco

militia420

Try using Coconut Oil

Peace

Yeh I won't be grinding the bud up next time. I keep my bud very dry because it's 6 years old from the last time I was physically able to grow. I dried it in bunches, put it in mylar bags, put oxygen absorbers in and pulled vacuums on several of them. The texture is crumbly. It's perfect for vaping. The quality has stayed good the whole time. Maybe 75% as strong as it was originally.

But next time I'll just throw whole buds in. And when I get to the powdery stuff that come off from being dry, I'll stick it in metal tea balls. That's the best solution I could think of because it really does ruin the butter.

So for now what I did was a total of 1 8hr crock pot run, 2 hot distilled water cleanses (after the first one the pot odor had tremendously dropped out and the water was very clean), and a final 2 hours crock pot run which did separate some more of the remaining powdered pot. It settled on the bottom and sides of the crock pot. After the 1st crock pot run I used a knife to scrap off most of the powdered pot. I've separated it and am feeding it slowly to my older arthritic dog. She likes it.

I look forward to the next batch though because it should be less work and I'm excited about the prospect of VERY clean butter.

The batch that I have now hardly has any odor at all. I have an appointment tomorrow or I'd try some tonight. I don't want to be a train wreck. I put 30g's of 6 yr old c99 in. I usually weigh the butter, divide that by what I would approximate for an oral dose of bud (usually ~1g), and then I have a good ball park figure of what an oral dose of butter should be. Total butter weight / guestimated oral bud dose = total number of butter doses. Since this method is new I'll have to adjust my grams per oral dose based on how hard this hits.

I'll find out tomorrow afternoon :biggrin:.

smac17

Hi everybody,

Just tried to cook a lil'bit today!!! I put 175gr of trims, 500gr of butter and 2 big spoons of cinnamon in a cook pot. I put it with water on the lowest heat possible since 10 hours now, and the water isn't black yet. I'll wait till it's black lile enonced in the recipe.

I hope it's gonna be stupid potent. I'll let you know in few days ;)

mr.brunch

Veteran
If the taste is unbearable for anyone, I can say that making ice hash , decarbing then mixing with coconut oil ( try to aim for 0.3 - 0.5 per dose) and using that in your recipe leaves no taste, and is incredibly potent.
I had 3 cookies at 0.3 each and it felt like I was coming up on acid.

smac17

Ok guys!!

So i've never had this black colour even after 13-14 hours...don't know why...think it's maybe because i didn't put enough cinnamon...

I'm in my third wash right now and the water is already clear and the butter just have a lil aftertaste of cannabis. I'm afraid that it won't be as potent as expected :(. just tried 1 gram of it 10mn ago, hope it's gonna be good

mr.brunch

Veteran
The last batch of cookies I did had 50g butter to 6 cookies, but then your butter may well be stronger- so you are probably right to build up gradually and see.
Good luck

militia420

Hi everybody,

Just tried to cook a lil'bit today!!! I put 175gr of trims, 500gr of butter and 2 big spoons of cinnamon in a cook pot. I put it with water on the lowest heat possible since 10 hours now, and the water isn't black yet. I'll wait till it's black lile enonced in the recipe.

I hope it's gonna be stupid potent. I'll let you know in few days ;)

Oh you're gonna like it. I made it w/o cinnamon as I have salicylate intolerance from heavy metal poisoning, but 1/8 tsp does me good. The flavor is the most tolerable butter flavor I've ever had from making cannabutter.

Start low on the dosing. Don't be stupid. Too much can cause nasty symptoms including too low of blood pressure and heart palpations.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Down to my last cookie..

Down to my last cookie..

Have enough CannaCocoNut oil for another batch... I guess I'll make some Snickerdoodles.

Then I have a couple pounds of coconut oil and I have 100 grams of cured bud, so we'll see. :woohoo:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Have enough CannaCocoNut oil for another batch... I guess I'll make some Snickerdoodles.

Then I have a couple pounds of coconut oil and I have 100 grams of cured bud, so we'll see. :woohoo:
the only problem with snickerdoodles is 'they're sooo good you want to eat many... and you shouldn't.. I just did a batch, they melt in your mouth..
but 2 will make tomorrow come much sooner than anticipated.. and with little recollection of the previous days festivities..
woo-woo my ass!!!:biggrin:
:laughing:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Made more CocoCanna Oil and cookies

Made more CocoCanna Oil and cookies

Used 121 grams of Bud for two pounds of Coconut Oil.

Made some Kick A$$ Cookies :party:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heya 420S, more on ya brother! i've been doing some bigger bud batches with coconut oil also and finding the edible route to be both potent and long lasting. kick in time for me and my physiology is hours though - often 1.5 - 2 hrs later which is very strange and requires some forethought

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Mck, thought you were going to get the last word in? HA!

Whats this?

Attachments

• 000_0171[1].jpg
    000_0171[1].jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 20

chronosync

Well-stoned member
You guys ever find coconut oil/budder burns/tingles your throat? I just had some straight and it burns (yes it was cool) :)

mr.brunch

Veteran
Had to have another shot!
3 larger plants of trim n popcorn, 300 g coconut oil, a good boiling and cooling to leave me with this:
picture.php

Drained off the water and put it back in the pan:
picture.php
picture.php

Looked much cleaner after setting again:
picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
Very nice. They are pretty damn strong.
Started to feel the effect after 3/4 of an hour .. red eyes, stoned... then it built up over the next hour to a nice almost trippy high.
So I then decided to water the clones I just put in less than a week ago... unfortunately in my baked state I gave them a little too much (!) and basically flooded the grow room floor.
I gave them the amount I was giving to their mothers in full flower.

Plants are fine, but mopping up run off water at 1am is not the best activity when you are cookied up.

After a nice shower and a j I went to bed and drifted off to sleep, then mrs B woke me up at 4 am, she had heatstroke.
Long story short, it's 10 am now and I still feel mellow and stoned.... don't think I will need to eat 2 at once.