What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I am going to make a batch of butter (clarified) soon..

I am going to make a batch of butter (clarified) soon..

I was cleaning my closet and I came across 100 grams or so of buds in jars....

I will use 16 ounces of clarified butter and a stick of unsalted. I will use my Magic Butter machine and see how it goes.

I haven't made butter much recently as I have been using Coconut Oil. I have 3/4 of a pound in the freezer.

I will take pictures and document the process.

Peace

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
You're good, I wouldn't change anything, I have just been using a machine to reduce the mess and assure consistently.

Keep on keeping on :party: Btw I don't use water when doing butter, double boiler

I bought a dbl boiler and have used it but think its a PITA to keep adding water to the bottom pot. Also have done it with and without water, I'm more comfortable with the water.. Thinking trying the oven and glass bowl, water, ghee and dabud. don't mind a little 'taste' of the bud in the cookies.

RB56

Veteran
I just simmer (very low boil) water, coconut oil and weed in a big covered pot on the stove top for 12-14 hours. Never had to top off the water. I use a large potato ricer to press the water out of the plant matter. Kind of a pain in the ass, but not that bad. Then 3 cleaning cycles, break it into batches and into the freezer. Just did a pound of bud at one time and it worked great. Did concern me a little as I was pouring the liquid through a sieve in the sink - would have hated to miss and have all that work slide down the drain.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I just made some coconut oil myself...I don't believe you need a real long soak..i did 1 1/2 hours at 200 stirring a lot...yeehaw

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
thanks, then my 195*F is a good number but now, 2 hours. Don't know if I can doit? 2 hours. Alright. its drying now. probably 6 hrs, cant hurt. wait someone back there said 8 hours was best.. I love it here!:tiphat: really, I get allot of laughs reading it all, thank you all.:biggrin:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
There is a video series on youtube where a lady tried 4 different methods and tested them all at a lab.

The results are conclusive.
I use the 3rd method with some added steps for decarbing and cleaning.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QIAD--b38[/YOUTUBEIF]

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
There is a video series on youtube where a lady tried 4 different methods and tested them all at a lab.

The results are conclusive.
I use the 3rd method with some added steps for decarbing and cleaning.

[youtubeif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QIAD--b38[/youtubeif]

she no work.

think crib notes brother... :laughing:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
have 1/2 Z grade A trim with a little to much water and 9 ozs of ghee, in glass coverd pyrex in the oven. couple hours, just sittin there. infrared thermometer registers 213*F. and meat thermo too is just over 200*F been in ther for 2 hours... but its not boiling. 212*F boiling, right? is being in the oven different, for some strange to me, laws of physics? If this works and I have no reason to doubt it will, it'll change my way of doin it. sittin in the oven at exactly ??? but for now 213*F.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had great results with coconut oil and a crockpot. right now i'm doing another batch of coconut oil with destemmed bud from older and recent grows, going to be potent I'm sure, bit over 3oz bud to about 18oz of coconut oil. ~4 hours on high to decarb and 10-12 hours on low.

I take the oil orally and depending on what I use it takes from 45min to 2hours to kick in.

This will be a batch I take to a bluegrass music festival next week!

BTW my crockpot high setting is nice and hot, it is 250-270F and it has an auto mix paddle. Low setting is 190Fish i think.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
just did some butter combining this recipe with coconutcurrys pre soak/wash

33 grms of purple kush trim to 2 sticks of butter.

came out to .72gr per cookie and 3 cookies are perfect for me. gonna try some emulsifier with next batch see if i can get it into the blood faster than an hourish.

my new batch im skipping the prewash and going strait into this recipe, with the cinnamon and some fennel, cardomom black and whole seed and cloves for aromatics/non weed terpenes. 70 grams trim into 2 sticks butter.lookin for one cookie hookie

DarthFader1

Veteran
Man the butter destroys Darth.. Ive had a couple bad panic attacks on these cookies made just from trim, which has never happened before. It only takes a little bit too high of a dose for me and it sets me off. The other night i had waaaaay to much and was literally in tears sobbing to myself for a good hour.. WTF!!

^^ Boyd Crowder you're a crazy mofo mixing 33grams of bud into 2 sticks of butter good god that makes me shudder just thinking about how strong that would be.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Man the butter destroys Darth.. Ive had a couple bad panic attacks on these cookies made just from trim, which has never happened before. It only takes a little bit too high of a dose for me and it sets me off. The other night i had waaaaay to much and was literally in tears sobbing to myself for a good hour.. WTF!!

^^ Boyd Crowder you're a crazy mofo mixing 33grams of bud into 2 sticks of butter good god that makes me shudder just thinking about how strong that would be.

when I made mine, I used 2sticks (8oz) of butter , and 1oz sdkush buds (plus 2 other large buds+ some kif)..
I used 4grams of the butter per cookie, thought I was going to die... very bad trip

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'll never do it on the stove again.. baking in the oven, covered glass bowl w top at 220*F, just boiling for, sorry trout, 6 hours:biggrin:... maybe 4 hrs next time:tiphat: like Pavlov I put enough water in to compensate for evaporation but there was none. I could just be high but think the separation of butter & extra water from the weed debris left cleaner butter. and GD ricer is the right thing for squeezing..

EDIT: I know, Pavlov had dogs.;)
EDIT2: starting pot of water (5-6 cups) w 4oz ghee on stove (oops!) to boil, add weed 19gr-A+ trim & bud, stir and in the oven 230*F. Moving target.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Now y'all see why I had to go from 12-16 brownies to 45-50 cookies per batch of butter! Its not fun to be so messed up you're scared all the time.

If you're seeing this on the regular, just substitute / dilute the canna butter down with regular butter when you bake your baked treats and you'll be able to dial the high in a bit from scary at one edible to scary at 3-4 edibles. This way everyone has a good time and can tailor the level of highness to their preferred amount. :biggrin:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I didnt say bud i said trim/shake/popcorn ... . or did i ? ....
idk - but the cookies aint last long
anyways - i just made some 2 extra batches of butter and have to make a few more , my kids turning 21 this month she wants some brownies....
anyways about the spiced butter....
thats shits different..... but fucking yummy
the pho spices made the butter smell like , well.... pho
BUT i knew what each ones terpene profiles were like and went for it and my family loves the cookies i made with it
all the aromatics cut right thru , except oddly enough the cinamon, which i think carries everything else ....so my experiment was a success - if you want to infuse your butter with terpenes/aromatics for future recipes , its great for that and a very very small amount will do for a long cook.
MY next test will be coffeee beans and cinnamon

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

No comment on the strength but in the beginning, my head/brain had a hard time getting around to recognizing the body high, as well as my head. Today, with one cookie, 2 will put me down, and 5-6 beers and I don't know I'm whacked till tomorrow morning when I wake up.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Took the plunge and made some today:
3 plants worth of frosty trim n popcorn, approximately 3 sticks of butter, and lots of boiling.... Here it is well underway
picture.php

Many hours later, after a water bath, fridge then brief freeze- I cut a hole in the butter roof
picture.php

Then poured out the cinnamon smelling water
picture.php

Am left with 277g of weedy goodness
picture.php

Just stuck some on some toast, smoked a spliff and am currently strapping myself in for the ride

Latest posts

Latest posts