What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

mr.brunch

Veteran
Gave 6 cookies to my sick relative, with the appropriate warnings regarding their strength, and I am awaiting feedback... I had a text saying they were numbing the pain but have heard nothing since!

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Couple pics of cannabis infused treats using this method:

Peanut butter cookies waiting to bake (cannabis leaf cufflinks make great impressions)
picture.php

After baking
picture.php

Pot-toffee
picture.php

Chocolate chip cookies waiting on oven space
picture.php

CalMag

Veteran
I haven't slept since 36h and i had the great idea to try 600g of popcorn buds, trim, some good buds and make the canna coco oil.. i didn't know how to cut everything, i tryied a smoothie mixer but it didn't help.. so i just opened two glass with Coconut oil organic 100% fat, i putter around 1200g coconut oil in the boiling thing(not the pan, the higher one for cooking pasta or soups or boil water).

So My hot plate have 12 levels, i putted it to 5-6 and when the coco oil was 100% liquid and started to bubble, i putted near 600g of good buds, trim, popcorn buds and started to stir. So i added hot water to cover totally the green material.

So sometimes (every 10 min) i stirred and stirred. I fixed the ventilation with the Carbon filter and added 3-4 table spoon of cinnamon.

After 1.30h or 2h i shutted everything down.

I pressed the material and filtered in with a filterscreen for fine sugar, you know the snow type for cakes or for the flour..

So i i putted the solution in 3-4 containers, and putted back green/Yellow/brown material in the coocking pot for boil with come hot water, stirred and pressed and filtered again to get also se oily oil that was on the material that was hard to take away from the used material..

I tasted a bit of coco oil when i finished..

I don't know, the kitchen is messed up, i feel tired.

Is there any chance that this oil will work?

It need to get rewashed 2-3 times, now it looks dark red black, but If i take a bit of warm oil with a tablespoon, it looks dark green.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Sounds like it should work fine to me! Make some nice cookies with it then you should be sleeping well. 600 g sounds like a lot of trim so it may be quite strong- good luck!

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
protips:
my method for butter making is simpler now,
i will boil all day 8hrs or so
then ill strain off the liquid from the mass and squeeze out what i can with cheeseclothfrom there ill let the broth settle for a 15-30 minute rest, then
i siphon off the water from the bottom until i get to the butter

this saves me 12-16 hrs to cool down 3-5 gallons of 200+ degree water

from there ill fridgerate until it hardens up
next ill wash it 4-5 times till its ready to vac pack in sticks and into the freezer

ive been thinking about getting a masticating type (corkscrew) juicer (think wheatgrass juicer but bigger) to wring out the butter from the leaves, i have prolly a 50% loss on each boil and have been saving ,vac and seal the leftover weed.

im gonna get one of these juicers off cl or ebay sometime before the end of the year and fuck around...

anyone else thought about (or done) recovering the remaining butter this way?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I get 95% recovery..

I get 95% recovery..

protips:
then ill strain off the liquid from the mass and squeeze out what i can with cheeseclothfrom there ill let the broth settle for a 15-30 minute rest, then

next ill wash it 4-5 times till its ready to vac pack in sticks and into the freezer

ive been thinking about getting a masticating type (corkscrew) juicer (think wheatgrass juicer but bigger) to wring out the butter from the leaves, i have prolly a 50% loss on each boil and have been saving ,vac and seal the leftover weed.

im gonna get one of these juicers off cl or ebay sometime before the end of the year and fuck around...

I use s Magical Butter Machine which costs $150.

I've had it for years and have made many dozens of batches of Budder (2 hours) or CocoCanna Oil (1 hour).

😍 Love It - I'm just a Happy Customer

CalMag

Veteran
Yesterday i tested the coco oil..never again.. i felt like a big pression in My head, and after 2-3 hours everything got more difficult.. i tryied to sleep but i couldn't because what i was thinking about was a bit too scary? And i didn't know how much oil i absorbed also because i haven't measured it, but too strong absolutely with 1:2 (trim-oil). I will try to wash it anyway because it was pretty green and when i was bad (i had eat a lot, also juices 3 cold shower to try to wake up from a bad dream.. the small buds, buds and sugar leafs was from some green crack, black d.o.g and big devil f1.. i will be more careful for sure

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
protips:

3-5 gallons of water, you must be putting some large amount of 'material' in with ??? how much butter?

I wish I could tell you I've found the use for those remains but I can not. I have found that the larger the initial amount of 'material' put into the boil the larger the loss of return. Those few times I did larger batches of butter (3.5 OZ - a pound of butter), there was more loss than if I made smaller batches.. . My logic is the larger the batch the more loss cause one can not squeeze it tight enough.. try squeezing more smaller batches.

CalMag

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

(The brown stuff is cynnamon)
In the first pic is what i got from the first cook(more container was filled)

Then the pictures of the hardened Coconut oil

I have putted in a big container with boiling water and boiled for 5 minutes, so i have used more water and filled new containers (i toss the coloured water everytime the Coconut oil get solid.

Last edited:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Looking Good

Looking Good

View Image View Image View Image View Image

In the first pic is what i got from the first cook(more container was filled)

Then the pictures of the hardened Coconut oil

I have putted in a big container with boiling water and boiled for 5 minutes, so i have used more water and filled new containers (i toss the coloured water everytime the Coconut oil get solid.

What will you be making?

CalMag

Veteran
What will you be making?

This destroyed one day of My life, is Coconut oil:

1.2kg of Coconut oil 100g fat in 100g oil

600g of big and small buds (popcorn and lower buds or too airy too like top buds that had strange forms like foxtails) and sugar leafs(trim)

Cooked for 90-120min at medium temperature stirring very often and rotating up down(vertically) to let all the buds and leafs stay at the same temperature

A lot of water (to cover the plant material) and when it was ready enough for me, i filtered it, putted into containers, putted in the fridge, then i made a Hole in the coconut oil layers that have hardened and took off the brown water.

Today i just rewashed the Coconut oil to get it more colorless, less salty because i felt My stomach and throat like i drunk SEA water but the taste wasn't salty so i think that this is because i conserved the trim and buds in the freezer and probably some cured buds 3+ months could have been more appropriate..

I will use this butter for biscuits, cakes, honey, and hot chocolate..

When i was high yesterday i felt really bad, too strong or maybe i took too much, so is pretty concentrate/saturated, so it will last for a long period..

If i make cookies i would love to eat 3 or 4 of them so enjoy the food and be high without vaporize allways.. but it's still hard to know for me how much Coconut oil to use for how many grams of cookie doug use for each cookies..

I heard before that magic mushrooms give allucination and If i eat too much of them it can be hard for many hours.. the same yesterday, i could find negative things in everything and was totally paranoid, like: oh think If the grow room take fire, oh this stuff will last forever and My brain is damaged, i couldn't sleep or i tought that i would never been able to wake up..

But after 9 hours i made it.. i went to My house to bed and i slept.. but today in the morning i tought that maybe this coconut oil is too heavy for me.. is not like vaping, the effect controll your brain instead of when i'm high by vaporizing or smoking, because when i'm normally high then i can controll My self, maybe sometimes with some scissor hash i get totally Stoned but edibles is like more than that and longer..

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Sounds strong 💪

Sounds strong 💪

I usually use about 30-40 grams of Bud for 1/2 kilo of Coconut 🌴 Oil.

Then about 1/8th kilo to 25 cookies.

I then eat 1 cookie :party: Good Luck on your edibles (I tell my testers to try 1/2 cookie and report back)

mr.brunch

Veteran
This ^^

I would say make a cookie recipe with the amount called for by the recipe ( the last one I made was 100g butter to 12 cookies) then start with 1/4 or half a cookie to test the strength.

And it should always be remembered that weed is a mild hallucinogen, so in excess can cause mild hallucinations... but sometimes you have to be prepared for what comes bubbling to the surface, possibly things the mind has hidden away.

Can also be good therapy.

CalMag

Veteran
Thank you 420somewhere and Mr.brunch

So i got wrong with the recipe for the Coconut oil, i have used too much buds and material but nothing was fine grinded so i think that i wasted a minimal quantity of flowers because i usually toss everything that i don't use once one round is finished and the good buds have been driyed..

But mixing it with normali Coconut oil or butter in recipes i will maybe need to use less canna Coconut oil so it will last for the year maybe..

In the top of the Coconut oil there was the: to use before XX.xx.2021 or maybe 2020, so also once cooked with the buds it will last one year or do i need to use it right now?

I will try to get less oil into me and take it like a therapy start with that.
I will make some others pictures once i have washed it one more time and hope i will like better the taste of it.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
You can freeze it..

You can freeze it..

Thank you 420somewhere and Mr.brunch

But mixing it with normali Coconut oil or butter in recipes i will maybe need to use less canna Coconut oil so it will last for the year maybe..

In the top of the Coconut oil there was the: to use before XX.xx.2021 or maybe 2020, so also once cooked with the buds it will last one year or do i need to use it right now?.

Just make more cookies :biggrin: then freeze the CocoCanna Budder until you need more, I'm always running out. (Ready to make another batch)

CalMag

Veteran
Just make more cookies :biggrin: then freeze the CocoCanna Budder until you need more, I'm always running out. (Ready to make another batch)

I will do like that :)

I just need to wash the cococanna oil one last time tomorrow so i'm ready to cook and share here around!

Thanks for support guys!

:tiphat:

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I use s Magical Butter Machine which costs $150.

I've had it for years and have made many dozens of batches of Budder (2 hours) or CocoCanna Oil (1 hour).

�� Love It - I'm just a Happy Customer

i likey but too small
i sit on shake and scrub for big bi monthly batches
im thinking more like this guy

optifreshWheatgrassJuicer-500x500.jpg