• Josh Barnett

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Daniel Cormier

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

DeftoneSmoker

I think he would def out wrestle jones but cormier needs to work on his defensive striking. At this point I believe jones would just use his range and stuff take downs. Dude is def on his way to the top. Just needs to stay focused and not lose sight of his goals. I think hell def drop to 205 when ufc brings him up from the minors:). And honestly I think anderson silva is gonna dethrone jones. Eventually dana gonna ask them to fight. My favorite toss is from the Nate diaz vs. macdonald, he suplexed diaz like 3 times in a row...love it.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think he would def out wrestle jones but cormier needs to work on his defensive striking. At this point I believe jones would just use his range and stuff take downs. Dude is def on his way to the top. Just needs to stay focused and not lose sight of his goals. I think hell def drop to 205 when ufc brings him up from the minors:). And honestly I think anderson silva is gonna dethrone jones. Eventually dana gonna ask them to fight. My favorite toss is from the Nate diaz vs. macdonald, he suplexed diaz like 3 times in a row...love it.

Yeah hehe that was a hopeful comment I made for sure, dude may not have enough time left to develop his striking enough to mess with Jones... If Machida couldn't get in on Jones more than a couple times, DC with less range would have even more trouble despite all his talent. Jones is really getting expert at using that range to push people away.

Whew would love to see Silva vs. Jones but I don't think it will ever happen because its a really bad matchup for Silva who is at a point where he can simply retire if they start demanding wild matchups. The UFC is already banking so hard on Jones too - losing to Old-Silva would really call into question his status as the New-Silva they are counting on.

Jones could and perhaps should fight at Heavyweight with his frame too, so it would be a real uphill battle for the smaller Silva, the kind of fight a man in the twilight of his virtually undefeated-career might not ever want or need to take.

D

DeftoneSmoker

Or it could be the icing on the old mans cake??? But you made an excellent point on ufc building up the jones name.

Cain fights at 235 and does pretty damn good. Jones has to be every bit of 225 at fight night
has to...

Jones has gotten really good at making people stay at bay, But i think his kryptonite is gonna be a old school tai kickboxer(anderson silva type) thats gonna show the world his weakness. Once one person finds it, it seems its hard for people to correct it. I really think that if someone would corner his ass and tai clinch him they could slowly chop down that mountain, people are staying away from the inside on him because there afraid of being rocked. The man that accepts hes gonna get hella hard in order to get close is gonna win. Look at sonnen v silva. He took his ass whoopings getting in on anderson but once through it was his to lose(which he did!!!).

Latest posts

Latest posts