What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stressed plants and can't figure out why.

dr-dank

Interesting thread.

I had my best luck when I switched to coco, and follow lucas at 6/9, pg 5.8, with just the 9 about 2 weeks out, then just water for a week or so.

I had a bout of additivitis and things got wonky, so I went back to just 6/9 in RO water and things were better than ever....

I did start to see cal (or maybe mg) deficiency. Rusty spots on leaves. I then started adding a bit of cal/mag alternating with epson salt, very small amount, brings water from 30 to maybe 60 ppm, and seems better.

For OP, I agree way too many additives. Keep it simple/back to basics.

@ Cat.

Some interesting points. Thanks for your input.

I do have to add a small amount of ph + to get to 5.8. If I stick with coco it sounds like you suggest I loose ph + and let it drift.

I suppose I should give a ppv mix a try.

One question if I may. I have heard about micro first, and never mix in concentrated form to avoid precipitate fall out/lock up.

I always assumed that was in full strength, and once you add 9ml of bloom (plus ph+) to a gallon of RO, and then adding the micro would cause no harm. Now I wonder......

As I noted above, I follow rez's modified lucas with just bloom near the end; I have been trying to save time by mixing up the ph bloom first, taking of what I need for late stage gals, and then adding the micro to complete the mix. I found that the addition of micro did not alter the ph, which was already adjusted after the boom.

Also, and sorry if I missed it, but is their an ideal PPV formula. Is this like starting with pro-mix and adding more perlite or 1/3 of each with an extra 1/3 perlite or what?

Best regards