What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry Hill Gardens 2020

Tynehead Tom

well..... getting closer to the finish line over here but the smoke has rolled in.
Crazy how far north the smoke from the Washington/Oregon/California wildfires has come.
It looks like a cloudy day the past few days but it is just high altitude smoke blocking out the sun. Sucks balls as I need that sunshine and more importantly the warmth it provides the plants.
It is clear that my remaining plants in growbags are not getting the warmth they need and they are shutting down at night. Bud swelling slowed and pistils are browning off so I might have to take them a week early..... watching like a hawk for any signs of bud rot multiple times throughout the day.
The big plants seem fine so fingers crossed the sun comes back for these last few weeks.
no pics today :(

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
it's turned to shit here too and the smoke can be seen from the east coast too, sunset last night was the strangest thing I've seen here.

1st frost last night, just a small one but some cookies have been purple for a week.

60's day 30s-40s night this week. Imma stay high as fuck regardless.:D

Tynehead Tom

it's turned to shit here too and the smoke can be seen from the east coast too, sunset last night was the strangest thing I've seen here.

1st frost last night, just a small one but some cookies have been purple for a week.

60's day 30s-40s night this week. Imma stay high as fuck regardless.:D

man it must be some work inspecting the flowers for bud rots n other things. That garden you have is impressive to say the least!!!

here is a couple shots of the Dubble Baked. I think the Dubb still shines thru in this cross. At least with this girl. She has a real strong nose to her and very dense. I'm at 58 days flowering her and I am real worried about bud rot as the weather is not gonna cooperate this week. Probably take her by the end of the week. She's pretty much faded out now so should be near ready.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

pics for today
lots of room now that the plants in growbags have been harvested.
I've also stopped light depping the garden now and am letting them finish off with the natural cycle. We have 12/12 daylight on the 24rth so close enough.
picture.php

Bubba Kush at day 50 and she will go another 10 days or so yet.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

Fire Alien Kush at day 56 looking awesome with the purples starting to spread across the plant. She's frosty and smells awesome
picture.php

picture.php

Gorilla Glue S1 (useful seeds) also at day 56 and looking damn near ripe if you ask me
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

and let's not forget Bodhi's Grandma's Hashplant at day 44 and she is pumping out the frost now big time. This is in every way an elite cut..... I might need to get her spread around.
picture.php

picture.php

And OGKB 2.0
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Looking good homie! I'm envious of your greenhouse now as I've got 1 degree temps forecast for the next 4 nights, just gotta ride it out and hope for the best as they need a couple more weeks still.

Built frames around three plants and bought a roll of crop cover, hoping it will be mild or the weather changes to something better.

Shit ain't over until it's dry in the bag, at least worrying about frost takes my mind off rippers.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
We used to get those hand warmers and put them at the base of the plant and cover with plastic. Worked ok with light frosts.

Tynehead Tom

Outstanding job in the greenhouse this year TT.

appreciate that man , thankyou
I'm home 24/7 these days so am able to spend lots of time in the garden
I think the biggest difference this year is the addition of the exhaust fan and the 50cfm fans in the middle of the greenhouse keeping the cool moist air on the ground moving towards the exhaust fan end of the greenhouse.
Got most of the plants in growbags cured up and into jars. Still needs some time to finish curing in the jars but I am stoked at the variety I have. Everything I have sampled has been really tasty and potent.
The growbag plants were fed the same way I do my indoor with the 8/16 Lucas formula (GH flora micro/bloom). All the remaining plants are in the water only "tom hill" recipe so it will be interesting to see how it smokes in comparison.

Think I'm gonna chop the GG4 S1 today. It has swollen right up and looks ready so will scope the trichomes to see if she is going cloudy yet but I really want to avoid bud rot and those flowers are super dense and chunky. Rain in the forcast and greenhouse humidity was 91% this morning before i kicked the exhaust fan on once the sun was up.

These next 3 weeks are the dicey ones as usually we are getting hard frosts by now..... not yet and fingers crossed I won't need to add heaters this year

:smoke out:

Tynehead Tom

hey fellow farmers!
chilly morning here at 52N with +2C on the thermometer.
Might be time to add a wall inside the greenhouse to shorten it up so I will have less space to heat.
Chopping the Bubba Kush today as she is ready. This cut finished at about 60 days for best flavor. Strong mocha coffee with a pungent floral dankness :)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

The next one to come down will be the Fire Alien kush tree.
She is at day 64 today and her flowers are so dense and chunky I am concerned with these cold nights and higher humidity than usual, I wanna take her before any boytris forms.
I have found a couple of the tops from the harvested plants, a purplelazerlite and the gorilla banana beside it both had very early signs of boytris when I trimmed them up. Probably only lost 7 to 10 grams so pretty minor. So the Fire Alien is gonna get the chop any day now
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

that will leave me with 4 plants remaining, the GG4 , OGKB 2.0 , Grandma's Hashplant and the SixGun. So a couple more weeks to go for this years backyard greenhouse fun

Tynehead Tom

Gonna be a good winter for you this year :yummy:

yes brother..... I planned the garden pretty good this year. The plan was 'all killer no filler' for this years run. I got to test a few of my crosses as well so that was good.

Still have to sift thru all the flowers that were pollinated in this run but I'll make sure you get some new beans to play with once this season is wrapped up ;)

Tynehead Tom

A double layer of plastic with an air space between would keep things warmer. ;)

Why Install a Double Layer Inflation System for your Greenhouse

How Double Layer Greenhouses Work

I was going to do that trout but due to covid I could not get the greenhouse plastic in my town this year. Though I have not checked lately.
To be honest , I think I am going to make it to final harvest without needing heaters this year. I staggered all my plants into 6 batches based on thier light dep start date. Staggering them so I would have time to hang and cure each batch before the next group of plants was ready.
I gave every batch 10 weeks flowering time on the calendar but some plants finished faster than that.
Harvesting the Fire Alien Kush (66days flowering) today and that will leave me with 4 plants.... OGKB 2.0, GG4 , Sixgun and grandma's hashplant.

Indoors my Grandma's Hashplant is a 58 day cut so we will see what she does here in the greenhouse. She is looking like she is in her final stage and swell so she's close @ 54 days today but she is showing no signs of fade so I dunno......
OGKB 2.0 is still pumping out bright white pistils and blowing up really nice. I am hoping those who know this cut will let me know if this is indeed the 2.0 but she smells familiar as I have grown lots of scoutbreath and pimp juice. She is stacking flowers like none of the cookie types I have ran , including the scout and pimp J.

Guess we'll see when she finishes up eh? ;)
10 weeks for her is oct 14 so we'll see what gives on the weather end. They are calling for some record temperatures in the lower half of the province with temps in the mid 70's and mid 40's over night ....... hope it holds and I won't need heaters this year

Now..... the Sixgun cut..... what a killer plant. She will be a new elite on the canadian scene if I can get her spread around.
She was found by grower sixgunjustice in F2 seeds I made from Darlin's Net. He passed a cut to me and one other friend of his so it has not spread yet. I'll be doing a nice photo spread of her before harvest but she has incredible frost, incredible nose and the flowers are super dense and huge. She seems to love the environment she is outside and is making excellent use of the Tom Hill water only soil recipe.
I think this one needs to be spread around as she is "everything" a grower would want in a plant if they like the sour dank ;)

Tynehead Tom

here's some recent pics of the DNf2 Sixgun. I think she will go the full 10 weeks as she is at day 60 and still pushing calyxes and swelling like crazy.
picture.php

and basking in the sunshine..... she is sure frosty :)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
here's some recent pics of the DNf2 Sixgun. I think she will go the full 10 weeks as she is at day 60 and still pushing calyxes and swelling like crazy.

and basking in the sunshine..... she is sure frosty :)

Sure looks like a winner to me, hope she's as good as you think she is gonna be!

Tynehead Tom

Sure looks like a winner to me, hope she's as good as you think she is gonna be!

Before I even requested the clone from the grower who popped the seed, he sent me a nice sample pack. It was really nice smoke, very strong, excellent back pain meds and helped with relieving some of my abdominal and thigh numbness. As a recreational smoke it checks all the boxes as it is super tasty and very strong. Bag appeal is a perfect 10 as well.

The flowers are rock hard and fat with swollen calyxes. Some purpling in the calyxes has started to show the past few days and the odd faded pistil but so far she is still pumpin out little tufts of pistils and mega frost ;)
It is unseasonably warm here with temps in the mid 70's today and no frosts yet. Those who have followed my grows over the past few years will know that I am usually battling the cold by now but not this year.

Grandma's Hashplant is coming down next..... she is going cloudy now so should see some amber in the trichs soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts