What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry Hill Gardens 2020

Tynehead Tom

Just checked on the greenhouse with the magnifier and it is harvest time for a bunch of plants. Can't believe how fast this season is blowing by.... wow. It's almost hunting season !!!!
I get some pics this afternoon of all the plants that will be getting the chop. Now I gotta prep the curing room and get the carbon filter hooked back up..... busy busy!

Tynehead Tom

here is my veggie garden.... or part of it anyways.
got a few different kinds of tomatoes for canning , some cucumbers, lettuce did awesome this year.... zucchinnis are a little late but there is lots of them.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

The Strawberry Patch Guard dog on duty...... 20 months and gnawing on firewood 1/2 rounds LOL. You don't want this girl grabbing yer leg hehehe

picture.php

picture.php

and finally the actual strawberry patch...... LOL
picture.php

one lone weak ass fuggen strawberry
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

Mendo Scout looking awesome ...... I think this cross is gonna be exceptional. Powerful candy like smells and the resin is super greasy. These all expressed gorgeous fade/fall colors.
I can't wait to run a big spread of the seeds indoors to choose the parents for the next combination.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

Here is the Purplelazerlite pheno I chose to hit with Biker Kush V1 pollen and Long Valley Royal Kush. I can't wait for those beans to be ready so I can pop a swath of em :D
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gorilla ganja

They look great. Your kicking azz so far this season. You have that light dep dialed in as well. Any mold showing up in the greenhouse? Hitting me this year but only about 10% loss so not to bad.
How long do you usually go with the PLL?

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

Purplelazerlite has 3 basic expressions as far as finishing time, at least for what I;ve grown anyways. There is a stretchy , more hazey looking expression that goes the full 63 to 70 days. Then there is the short and spicey expression that reeks of sweet poultry spice type smell that finishes 56 to 58 days. Last is the in between expression with some decent stretch, more pine cone shaped buds and has a sweet minty kinda smell with the poultry spice hinting in the back ground. This one finishes pretty much right on the money at 9 weeks.

I started harvesting a few plants a few days early due to fear of molds. A lot of dense flowers in the greenhouse and I am not taking chances.
The Darlins nets are coming down along with most of the Long Valley and a couple of the Gorilla Banana as well as the purplelazerlites. Leaving the one PLL and one Long Valley as they are carrying seeds and need 6 weeks from pollination.
I am watching all my plants like a hawk right now for any signs of Fusarium or boytris and have some high PH remedies on hand including Natria as last resort.
I think I'll make it thru the season but ya never know.

Tynehead Tom

chopping the plants down and labelling them in the hanging room I discovered that the dark purple plant that I had put in the Long Valley group is actually the one Bubba Royale that I didn't cull when I discovered a few hermies in the group.
I'm gonna have to go back thru all the posts and correct that LOL
Bubba Royale is my cross of P98 Bubba Kush x Long Valley Royal Kush.

Tynehead Tom

so I wacked down 24 plants now so the greenhouse has lots of room now. Things are rearranged so the 3 18 gallon totes are up front now on the left and the big plants in back have lots of light getting to the lowers now that I moved those other totes out from in front of them.
picture.php

Bodhi seeds Grandma's Hashplant..... love this cut. It should be in circulation as a clone only it's that good. Took clones a little late and while the plants were around day 10 I think. Got 4 good rooted clones for back up now so they are going into isolation to ensure no pests or pathogens get to them or are carried inside with them.
picture.php

Here is how I ventilate my light dep frames. These are 50cfm bathroom fans and I've sealed them all around with duct tape and attached a 4" duct that is 6feet long. At night it sucks air out of the covered box, eliminating condensation in the box. During the day I attach the flexible duct end to the frame so it blows the air across and thru the layer below the canopy.
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

some garden shots
plants are at various stages of flower.

Six Gun (darlin's net f2)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P98 Bubba Kush !! she might be the best smelling plant in the garden , strong floral stank
picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

wait..... there's more.....

Fire Alien Kush starting to put on some weight as I have been tying branches the past few days so the tree fits thru that opening of the light dep area. Relieved I got one clone so far rooted of this one. I thought mr underhill had this one backed up in his garden but nope.... good think i took a few clones at week 2 LOL
picture.php

G o r i l l a Glue numba 4..... RIP JW
picture.php

hmmmm what else
oh shit the runts of the garden. I kept them around and am pretty impressed with how they are finishing. From left to right Biker Kush, Purplelazerlite, Gorilla Bubble BX3 all from seed.
picture.php

check out how this Gorilla Bubble BX3 runt is filling out. Dense too and smells awesome.
picture.php

purplelzerlite
picture.php

that's it for now i think......

Tynehead Tom

nope i forgot the biker kush v1 cut
starting to get some slight color in the leaves. Undersides are a faint purple hue. Love these solid chunky easy to trim flowers. Pure gas this one and the garden pests do not bother with her. Might do some trees of this one next year.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

well the first 26 plants down are just getting to the point where I can start test smoking , trimming and jarring.
I think I timed things well enough this year to give me the time to get all the hanging/drying/curing/packaging done on the first batch as I have a good week or so to clean up the room and get it ready for another batch of plants. Still have Old Grandpa Scratch x 3 , Gorilla bubble bx3, Dubble Baked and a Gluebreath S1 in grow bags and they make up the next harvest batch.

I am crushing hard on this Six Gun cut. It is a Darlin's Net F2 and the cut was found by a grower friend in some seeds I sent him. The female was a real nice chunky girl with big fat twisty leaves. The male was one I posted about back then and I called it RipSaw due to it's double serrations. Combining the two seems like a win as this cut is gonna be sticking around my garden for a while. The only downside to this cut is that she is slow to veg. Even in the 18 gallon tote , she didn't blow up into a big plant.
She is not due to harvest until Oct 8 so a few weeks to go yet
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

This one is from Useful Seeds , GorillaGlue#4 S1.
It seems like it might be an early finisher as it has swallowed up it hairs as the flowers start to swell. Harvest date is set for Oct 8, which is 70 days but I think this one will be done before that. Guess we'll see. Haven't seen any color or signs of fade yet, just swelling flowers and pumpin out the resin
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

by comparison, this is an untopped cut of GorillaGlue#4 , flipped on same day as the S1 and both in 18gallons of water only. The cut is still pumping out pistils whereas the S1 is in final swell stage and I'd say lacks the vigor of the original cut. Both are gonna be killer smoke though and I have them backed up in the clone box
picture.php

picture.php