What's new

strains you've "eliminated" from your garden this year

mistaman

Ive dumped quite a few plants a lot of folks consider "keepers"...

sr71 purple kush
ogkushxafghan kush
g13xdiesel
larry og kush
hells angels og kush
sac2 og kush
sfv og kush
carmel kush
blackberry bubba
ffa
dabney blueberry (M39)
garberville purple kush
purple kush (grows like bubba... maybe the LV?)
and last night culled both Apothecary 91 & Chem 91

trying to tune my garden down to 6-7 killers...

any of these you would recommend? that's quite a list there. wouldn't mind getting my hands on any of those

mistaman

what are you looking for in a plant?

I guess i was asking which worked well for you but sounds like they didn't very much since they're getting discontinued. not too picky whether it works in a SOG or not but would be nice to know. I mostly am concerned with which of those kush strains you would prefer smoking. a nice yielder wouldn't hurt.

I picked up a pack of the g13 diesel. I was convinced I must try this strain after seeing CTSV's journal of it. Any reason why you discontinued it?

B

Blunted22

ive got rid of sage, clone gifted to me dont know the breeder...

bubblegum - clone gifted breeder?

ice - seeds from buydutchseeds.com

Blueberry - seeds dutch passion.

theres more but im getting a brain fart....

zomboweed

UnDead Member
Veteran
great white shark : 1 female out of 10
martian mean green : pure mentholed shit
buddha sister : I think I made some mistake, but....

THC•20

Nothing yet. I plan on chucking one mother but it's just so hard, I just can't decide which one and honestly I don't want to cull any lol.

whodair

Veteran
mazar-i freebies

mazar-i freebies

tossed clones and veg plants. gave away the bud. it was so dense, and had a NL sort of afghan smell. the buzz to me was barely detectable. the good news is i have more space for my quality specimen, and some empty buckets i needed.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
DJ Shorts True Blueberry; low yeild, very leafy, 'dirty pipe' flavor, slow growing, easy to over feed, and a magnet for powdery mildew.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Well, that sucks to hear about so many dumping the Mazar freebies; I had high hopes for those.

We dumped Mr. Nice's Spice this grow due to germination problems (and for the foreseeable future, even though we do have 5-6 beans left and would LOVE to grow this one out someday).

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
some of these strains you people are throwing out has me shaking my head
and saying send them my way!!!!! of course, we can't do that but you get my
point.

dirkdaddy

mazar i sharif sucks pretty bad. dense nugs, no potency or crystals. don't waste your time. much better spent on whatever genetics you paid for IMO.

Kinderfeld

Ive dumped quite a few plants a lot of folks consider "keepers"...

sr71 purple kush
ogkushxafghan kush
g13xdiesel
larry og kush
hells angels og kush
sac2 og kush
sfv og kush
carmel kush
blackberry bubba
ffa
dabney blueberry (M39)
garberville purple kush
purple kush (grows like bubba... maybe the LV?)
and last night culled both Apothecary 91 & Chem 91

trying to tune my garden down to 6-7 killers...

dayum...just out of curiosity...what did you keep??

G

Greyskull

I guess i was asking which worked well for you but sounds like they didn't very much since they're getting discontinued. not too picky whether it works in a SOG or not but would be nice to know. I mostly am concerned with which of those kush strains you would prefer smoking. a nice yielder wouldn't hurt.

I picked up a pack of the g13 diesel. I was convinced I must try this strain after seeing CTSV's journal of it. Any reason why you discontinued it?

Maybe this detailed analysis will help you understand my feeling toward these particular plants...

sr71 purple kush - slow grower. medium yeild. great taste. lower potency than advertised at 63 days... not really midgrade but not quite top shelf either. don't see whats the big deal... not "all that"

ogkush(fire)xafghan kush - to much afghan not enough og... bland smoke. nothing too exciting. really good middle of the road plant. blahze at best...

g13xdiesel - grows nice. This plant looks bomb growing. Its like the best show in the room. Takes great pics. Yeilds above average. Smooth taste, but kinda peppery/spicy. hashy. almost bbq smoke hashy/ MAYBE THE G13 INFLUENCE??? Not bad but not something I will seek to smoke more of ever....

larry og kush - TMV-like traits (leaf curl & discoloration... spread to some other plants....)

hells angels og kush - TMV-like traits (leaf curl & discoloration... spread to some other plants....)

sac2 og kush -THIS PLANT SUCKS AND NEEDS TO BE ERADICATED. Passing this cut is not doing a damn thing for anyone except spreading bullshit plants to grow. I did my part and killed it...

sfv og kush -took over 3wks to root in ezcloner when other cuts are rooted and transplanted in 7... no time to wait for slow pokes to get their shoes on you know what I mean?

carmel kush -THIS PLANT SUCKS AND NEEDS TO BE ERADICATED. Passing this cut is not doing a damn thing for anyone except spreading bullshit plants to grow. I did my part and killed it...

blackberry bubba - really slow grower. really slow. low low low on the yeild pole. KILLER LOOKING BUDS THAT ARE CAKED WITH TRICHS. SMELLS GREAT IN JAR... just like blackberry jam. DISSAPPOINTING TASTE. High is okay nothing special. DOES NOT TASTE LIKE SHE SMELLS, OR I WOULD PUT UP WITH THE BULLSHIT YEILD. Looks lie a 10. Smells like a 9. Smokes like a 6....

ffa - may get this again to be honest. grows with some lank to it (some branch between internodes). needs to be vegged properly to pull of some yeild (not for rooting and flowering)... smoke is top shelf. smells good. goes down smooth. tastes good. good lung expansion... may have to run 1 of them every crop just for personal smoke....

dabney blueberry (M39) - roots fast. looks nice while it grows. smells great growing. high is bland and middle of the road. not the worst, not the best... good bag appeal.

garberville purple kush - roots fast. veggs fast, though it looks lanky while vegging. very aggressive vegger. yeild is heavy. turns purple. smells great on the plant. smoke was big dissapointment. the only folks I can see liking this plant are commercial growers who don't smoke, or dudes that don;t mind putting out really good looking mid grade smoke.

purple kush (grows like bubba... maybe the LV?) - roots fast. veggs slow. actually i think she grows very similiarto the pre 98 bubba I have/keep. buds are dense. not as frosty as the bubba. not quite as good a high as the bubba. not quite as good a taste as the bubba. I PREFER THIS PURPLE KUSH OVER THE SR71 ANYDAY OF THE WEEK... if I didn't have the pre 98 bubba I would probably keep it... does turn purple

Apothecary 91 & Chem 91 - both plants did not like the way I was treating them (whihc is the same way I treat all my veging plants).... they had special needs that needed to be met in order to have them flourish (they need more cal/mag & N than the others I am keeping seem to need). If you cannot get in line, good bye...

hope this helps clarify...

BTW the plants I am keeping (as of this time) are:

Arcata Trainwreck
pre 98 Bubba Kush
Chemdawg D
East Coast Sour Diesel
Grape Romulan
Matanuska Thunderfuck
So Cal Master Kush
Sour DieselxSourBubble

the ATW & ECSD are in the middle of testing... gonna do another grow with them before passing final judgement. also, only have room for 1 between the socalmaster & pre 98 bubba... so when the ehad to head is done the winner stays.... unless its a tie...

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Tossed the Burmese Kush F2´s while still germing them...or actually gave em away...12-15 weeks is just too sick when i think about it..

Stay Safe

litebuzz

i'm never going back to dp isis or mazar. hated the way they smelled...hurl. mazar was a very pretty plant but i dont give a shyt what it look like...it had a radishy spicey smell and taste. not real crystally either.
oh i also don't think much of the highly anticipated dp jorges diamonds. nothing great in my opinion. not a huge yielding plant. one pheno was better tasting but not worth the $ spent on seeds.