What's new

Strains from Pakistan?

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
icon Hey its great to hear that you have a lil touch of pakistan in you... I love our culture its nothing like it... Great job with the Lapis... it looks beautiful... I wish I had nutrients like we get in Canada here, unfortunately not. I shall be returning to Vancouver with another type of land race from the hunza valley. Lets see how that turns out. I will be exploring the northern areas of Pakistan in 2011 so if anyone is up for that it is totally cool to go up there...

Totally cool ppl when you go through there you should have fun. Very different from here of course but very kind nice ppl. good luck should be sweet seeds down there peace out Headband707:smokey:

Tanoli Khan

Thanx heaband 707 for your comments...
In the mountains you can literally walk for hours through the random cannabis fields of Northern Pakistan....
Cant wait till im finished school so I can take a trip...

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
My, how come that I find only today this thread about my sweet sweet love !

I shall be returning to Vancouver with another type of land race from the hunza valley. Lets see how that turns out.

Salam Tanoli Khan, may I ask you where you got these "thunj" seeds ? If bought from Karimabad seed shop (or picked from plants in propoer Hunza valley), then be carefull as Hunzakuts grow the plant only for seeds (contrary to Chitral, smoking is rather frowned upon in Hunza, they prefer sharab). I had brought a stock of these few years ago, and most of people who gave them a try (I didn't) ended up with a large proportion of useless (in a smoker point of view of course) hempy plants.
Don't get me wrong, there are some gems to be found in there, but they are in minority.

Next time I'm there, I'd rather go to to Nagar/Hoper side of the valley. Different people there, so maybe different uses of the plant. Some travellers I had met once picked some buds there and told mae it was pretty potent smoke.

By the way, here a few pics from Land of the Pure !

Yarkhun Glory, from Yarkhun valley. Grown in France

Purple Yarkhun, grown in France too

Purple Yarkhun

Purple Yarkhun

Purple Yarkhun

Hunza Thunj

Hunza Thunj

Hunza Thunj

Laspur Gold, from Sor Laspur. Grown in France

Laspur Gold

Yarkhun Daddy

Yarkhun Daddy

Yarkhun Bong

Yarkhun Bong

Yarkhun Bong

Yarkhun garden (belongs to a policeman eheh...)

Yarkhun garden (sorry for bluriness...)

Irie !

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran

At Chitral bus-station

Chitral-town greenery

Chitral and mighty Tirich Mir

Chitral greenery

Early Chitral (pic shot late June or something)

Madyan indica (Swat)

Mingora indica (Swat)

Islamabad

Islamabad

Islamabad

Islamabad

Rumbur valley

Rumbur valley

Rumbur valley

Rumbur valley

Rumbur valley

Swat valley

OK, enough for the moment eheh. Few days ago i've at last put my hands on some CDs which I've been looking for since months. Many new pics to come !

Irie !

Tanoli Khan

Mriko... Thanks for the reply shots...
Seems like you have really done your research.
I know exactly what you mean by hempy plants...
Islamabad is full of it...
You are correct about how sharab is consumed more in hunza than cannabis. I have been to the hoper glacier and it is beautiful... The current seeds I have are from Hoper... They have been picked of the plants directly and not bough at any store.
My driver is from gilgit area.... Nagar#2 to be exact... I am working on regaining seeds from those areas as well. I did not know that you knew so much about our locality... I still have to explore chitral and swat... unfortunately there is political unrest and taliban have entered those areas.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Mriko... Thanks for the reply shots...
Seems like you have really done your research.
I know exactly what you mean by hempy plants...
Islamabad is full of it...
You are correct about how sharab is consumed more in hunza than cannabis. I have been to the hoper glacier and it is beautiful... The current seeds I have are from Hoper... They have been picked of the plants directly and not bough at any store.
My driver is from gilgit area.... Nagar#2 to be exact... I am working on regaining seeds from those areas as well. I did not know that you knew so much about our locality... I still have to explore chitral and swat... unfortunately there is political unrest and taliban have entered those areas.

Salam Tanoli Khan,

Well, Pakistan happens to be my greatest love ever (after Allah & the wonderfull plant-gift he offered us) and Had I not these responsibilities that are getting me stuck in France, I would be living there. It's all that simple. Pakistan Dil Dil Jan Jan ! I have been 4 times to Pakistan until now, and my research is far from being complete, lots of valleys left to visit in the Hindu Kush & Karakoram ranges.
Islamabad has a fantastic sativa population, with a bit of effort and time it must be possible to sort out some great pure sativa.

Politican unrest in Chitral ?? No way, where did you heard that ??? Chitrali people are too peacefull to let the taleban to spread their shit in the area, and the main producing valleys are mostly inhabited by Ismaelis. No risk to find Taleban overthere.
Swat alas has gotten hot indeed, but Chitral remains the same, all peace-loving people.

Thanks paulo !

Irie !

E

elmanito

Such a nice info about Pakistan.I always love the Himalaya tour of Michael Palin when he enters the Chitral area.Thanks to the BBC no Cannabis plants in the program, but the environment with those mountains.:huggg:

What can be said about the potency.According to some info is that most strains from Pakistan have CBD and perhaps also THCV.Since i'm more a sativa lover in smoking habit (although i like the music of Nusrat Ali Khan), perhaps someone can tell something about it.

Is there any info about Chitrali#1 from Cannaseur.

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Very kewl shots Mriko lots of good info . The true war on drugs are being played in that region. I bet the soliders have access to some nice shit lol. Back in the day we used to always get some nice hash out of that area. Afgangani Hash Lebenese etc. peace out Headband707

Tanoli Khan

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
LOL funny you say that I'm listening to Bianary Star's "Slingblade" as I was reading the thread lol peace out Headband707

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Lebanese and Mazar-I-Shariff

Lebanese and Mazar-I-Shariff

Hi guys.
I´m a confessed fan of landraces and here´s another project to honour them:huggg:
5 Lebanese and 1Mazzar-I-Shariff vegging nicelly under 400HPS
Got myself another 5 Red Leb, 5Leb and 3Maz beans on the go:dance013:
I will open a thread when the time comes but for now i just share a couple of pics with the landrace lovers

5Lebanese
picture.php

Side Leb
picture.php

5Leb
picture.php

Mazar
picture.php

Peace

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
If you were to go to that region what would you say was the most sought after seed or is that subjective like Kush and Trainwreck? I have heard and not sure if this is true that there are seeds there that are very sought after but owned by very rich guys and hard to get your hands on just like here with the elite clones and fem seeds?? Would make sense to me lol peace out Headband707

Burt

Veteran
"very rich guys and hard to get your hands on just like here with the elite clones"
sort of like your headband 707 cut? LOL!
rich dudes own whole plantations/valleys that doesn't mean they count every seed collected or even live there-most live in karachi or england-easy to collect seeds in the big cities-but do venture out
grow a beard, don't flash cash and wear shalwar kameez and don't flirt with the women-you'll be safe

E

EvilTwin

Hi Guys,
I bought some seeds on seedbay for a Pakastani strain they called Yarkorum. Supposedly an indica similar in growth to afghan though smaller and with a black currant flavor. Is this the same as Yarkoum? Any info/opinions?
ET

I

icon

I got this in the mail today hindu kush landrace from northern pakistan i might try to squeeze in a grow before it get too hot here.Theres more info on this strain on their website.

front of packet
picture.php

inside packet
picture.php

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I bought some seeds on seedbay for a Pakastani strain they called Yarkorum

Never heard of that one, sounds like a cross between a yarkhun strain and a karakorum strain.

Irie !

burningfire

Veteran
I've got a bunch of Yarkhun Freebies, I've seen a few pictures in this thread, if i can get a few sprout it should be great, but according to rsc they were heat damaged, I haven't tried to germ any, I might give it a try for the next outdoor grow. after I'm done selecting from my nepal x chitral. I expect narrow leaflets and nose tingling aromas.