What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain Lineage

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
I don't want to kill this thread, or Tropical Rain's exellent work, but I think GrimSkunk's lineage list is slightly more complete, with breeder names included:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=24348&page=1
Perhaps an even better lineage list can be edited out of both of yours...

I had to address this:
nice "cookbook" certainly a phrase I coined myself when I started this!

I know a lot of you are asking for particular breeder names to be included.
as well as I said I was going to add links,pics whatever.
but ...... i see .....

in reference to a better strain lineage being edited .... ..... ....
hmmm....

pay attention to whats going on ....

nevermind.

I've been busy.
but seeing this makes me say hey ..... nevermind my input.

GrimSkunk said:
Hello Tropical Rain,

I doubt you remember me, i tried to communicate with you few months ago, to know if i could use your compilation of Strain Lineage, the answer where no!
Now, i did my own list, and i regrouped more than 500 strains. I publied the most known strains on my forum, keeping 100 strains lineage to myself.
Somebody stole my list, and add your list to mine, making it even bigger... So i hope you really have a copyright cause you may want to use it now.

BTW, i have proof of what i am saying, if you doubt me.
Oh... you can find the stolen list here:
http://www.grainouilles.cannaweb.ch/viewtopic.php?t=2655
The author is Slipk1.

If you'll gonna do something contact me first, please, i'd like to help you.

Grim

Bunch of assholes.
I made this list for the IC community, attempting to help others in a area I thought was lacking.

I was always and still am open to help or suggestions or if someone wanted something added.
I said simply send me a pm.

time and effort counts little to these roaches.

Last edited:

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
yukon said:
who would host this "strain guide"

I'd be down to participate, but I'd need to know more...I lost lots of shit on OG, and I really dont wanna waste my time again. (i learned alot...so not a complete waste)...but I spent quite a few hours of my life writing grow reports, and downloading pic's that are all now gone.

good idea though

The full OG strain guide is still available. You probably can get your grow reports back from that if you need them.
Or I could just send thrm to you if you like. Let me know.

TGT

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Tropical Rain said:
I made this list for the IC community, attempting to help others in a area I thought was lacking.

seeing this makes me say hey ..... nevermind my input.

As you said yourself, your list was made with the sole intention of helping others, so there's really no point in debating who's list is better.

Constructive criticism is what improves things in this world, not flatter.

As far as I'm concerned, the two lists complement eachother. Hommage to you both for the work you've put in. I'm sure you and GrimSkunk can work out any possible misunderstandings, and if one has a bigger ego than the other, then too bad.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey all

Tropical Rain - NO-ONE can discredit your work. we have a printed copy of the TR Genetic Cookbook,,, it is used as a direct source of info. over unknown lineage :canabis: please keep up the good work :yes:

Rosy Cheeks - you're a rascal... hehe TR isn't on-line everyday,,, but this doesn't mean we can discredit his work. The TR Genetic Cookbook is now part of our culture... this cannot be wiped off the map.

if you love, love. drop the man a pm, and make peace

word out
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:
G

here's a hard one...

here's a hard one...

kamikaze or a spelling similar to that? Anyone have any info? I have this clone now but no info. GO! :)

G

Maybe I'm just confused as usual but for some reason I always thought that Super Silver Haze was Skunk #1 x Northern Lights #5 x Haze? I could have sworn that I read that numerous times but I could be mistooken.

G

White Russian = Ak47 x White Widow

Does this mean that the Mother was a AK47 and the WW was the father.
Would it make any difference if it was written the wrong way around???

G

Generally the female is listed first, but everyone has theyre own system and what they think is right so its never 100%

guerilla

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ferengi420 said:
White Russian = Ak47 x White Widow

Does this mean that the Mother was a AK47 and the WW was the father.
Would it make any difference if it was written the wrong way around???

I believe that AK-47 was the father & WW the female. Read the description by Simon (from seriousseeds) ...he says it's a cross of ak & white widow (a price wining clone!). Simon may got a cut of the Original White from Shanti.

after all it doesn't matter which way it was crossed ...fact is, it smokes dam good, very potent! :joint:

a few pics from one... the widow phenotype is the strongest (smokin'right now:)

sophisto

very informative thread going here. Damn I love this place.... I have a question that seems the answer is logical but lets see. Ok bubbleberry kush, what would the lineage be for her. I assume bubblegumX Blueberry X Kush ( pure or other I dont know). Any and all info will be greatly appreciated...

Lex Dysic

SpaceQueen

SpaceQueen

I don't see Vic High's BCGA SpaceQueen on your list.

Romulan x Princess

I've had my girl for around 5 years now...

420 dawg

Strains of t'day: Kool names but they came from somewhere!

Strains of t'day: Kool names but they came from somewhere!

T.R. It's nice to see that someone had the wherewithall to compile such a list as the one you're working on. They have some really kool names, but< they had to start from somewhere. I've reviewed it a few times and thought Alas, there are a few of the older types where alot of our current day strains hail from. Like Jamaican, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Panamanian, Acapulco, and my favorite (which I've not seen in decades) red Lebonese. There are a few others that come to mind ,but i think you get the pic. I firmly believe that it is our duty to continue these strains for future generations, or the line will be lost.

I've restarted... my garden...and ...thanx to some help from red145, I now have most of those old strains. 1 or 2 more to go and ill have all that i need. I then intend on using my background in advanced genetics to produce the most killer buds out there.

Still, I 'm gr8ful that at least someone thought to put a list together, Good Luck.

420 Dawg

razer

Super Silver Haze= (Mr. Nice) [N.L.5 x N. Haze] x [skunk #1 x N. Haze]

Anybody knw the make-up of grapefruit

thanks in advance.

Great thread btw

:joint: